IGNORED

Name the game!

9 hours ago, Jaden said:

Tower of Doom! I could tell that it was an Intellivision game by the font, but actually figuring out which one was rather tough. It's admittedly not a library I'm familiar with.

That's it!

image.png.96439ff71985d5bd9abad848fa786ea1.png

It's a really fun and remarkably deep roguelike RPG that was originally supposed to come out in 1984 as one of the Intellivision's AD&D games, but got delayed a few years because of the console crash and subsequent creation of INTV Corp.

I think Tower of Doom compares favorably with a lot of the NES RPG library. The CRPG Addict, who usually dislikes console RPGs, did a nice writeup here:

https://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2021/07/game-425-tower-of-doom-1987.html

Edited by bronzeshield

Seems like a pretty neat game! I guess it's my turn now (although it admittedly doesn't feel fair since I had to look up all the Intellivision games to find it). I tried to pick a good one. So, here it goes!

crop1.png.672399c8b3f8cbd0536862de6aa18932.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaden said:

Seems like a pretty neat game! I guess it's my turn now (although it admittedly doesn't feel fair since I had to look up all the Intellivision games to find it).

Oh, it's totally fair! If you figure out a game's platform, looking through its library is 100% fair game. Those long videos with every game for a system are a huge help.

Really the only thing that's questionable is a reverse image search since Google is just telling you the answer. Just about anything else is fair, IMHO, and it's the responsibility of the poster to crop the images in a way that prevents reverse search. Frankly I was surprised no one twigged the Intellivision font from my third post.

2 hours ago, bronzeshield said:

Oh, forgot to follow up on this: the "odd connection" I mentioned earlier is that Warlord is one of the character classes in Tower of Doom. Arguably the most powerful one, in fact, so it's kind of the game's equivalent of easy mode.

I thought you were trying to hint that it was a Warlords clone, (like Medieval Mayhem), but the graphics didn't match.

Well, the timing on this was pretty bad since the NES weekly contests JUST started. So, I don't expect there to be many guesses. The only guess so far is incorrect. I'll share another picture, but this might be giving it away.crop2.png.02e15efd57c42c62d588a67b919a61fc.png

• Like 1