IGNORED

Name the game!

25 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Well we've established it's a crate, so how about we see the full crate in all its glory? This would be enough for me to recognize the game personally.

image.png

I think this is one of those cases where you are so personally familiar with a game that might be popular, that you think other people would recognize a common, background object.  I mean, maybe we'll all be like "ooooOOOOoooh!" when we figure it out, but right now, to all of us it's just a crate.

I'm going to assume this is a PS2 game.  The resolution and texture quality seems very PS2-like.  Maybe XBox, but I never pinned you as an Xbox guy.  I guess it could be on the GameCube as well.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, RH said:

I think this is one of those cases where you are so personally familiar with a game that might be popular, that you think other people would recognize a common, background object.  I mean, maybe we'll all be like "ooooOOOOoooh!" when we figure it out, but right now, to all of us it's just a crate.

I'm going to assume this is a PS2 game.  The resolution and texture quality seems very PS2-like.  Maybe XBox, but I never pinned you as an Xbox guy.  I guess it could be on the GameCube as well.

I'll help you out by saying it's not on any of those systems.

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I'll help you out by saying it's not on any of those systems.

Ok, one last question because I think it's fair for all of these images we post, but is this from an emulator, an image of a CRT or a YouTube video.  Scaling matters.  I don' necessarily need direct hints for a system but depending on how those textures are processed make a difference.

Of course, feel free to NOT answer. 😛  I just think knowing the type of output source helps interpret the image some times.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, RH said:

Ok, one last question because I think it's fair for all of these images we post, but is this from an emulator, an image of a CRT or a YouTube video.  Scaling matters.  I don' necessarily need direct hints for a system but depending on how those textures are processed make a difference.

Of course, feel free to NOT answer. 😛  I just think knowing the type of output source helps interpret the image some times.

It's a screenshot from me playing the game on my modern PC. Here it is at its native resolution:

image.png

Just now, Gloves said:

It's a screenshot from me playing the game on my modern PC. Here it is at its native resolution:

image.png

Ok, cool.  Now I get it.  I don't know that game, but seeing it native, it does feel like an older PC game OR, possibly, an emulated PS1 game with some minor texture adjustments. You don't have to yes/no these assumptions BUT, I could see this being something _like_ a PS1 title on a PC emu.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, RH said:

Ok, cool.  Now I get it.  I don't know that game, but seeing it native, it does feel like an older PC game OR, possibly, an emulated PS1 game with some minor texture adjustments. You don't have to yes/no these assumptions BUT, I could see this being something _like_ a PS1 title on a PC emu.

I'm not running the game on an emulator.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Too much thinking @RHjust go with your gut feeling.

Naah, I get @RH's line of thought. It looked like a N64 game to me at first. I don't think anyone's getting gut feelings about crates unless (a) they've played the game a lot (in which case c'est la vie) or (b) they're romantically attracted to crates (I don't judge).

6 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

Naah, I get @RH's line of thought. It looked like a N64 game to me at first. I don't think anyone's getting gut feelings about crates unless (a) they've played the game a lot (in which case c'est la vie) or (b) they're romantically attracted to crates (I don't judge).

Or C) because it looks like a crate even from the first image? 😆

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Or C) because it looks like a crate even from the first image? 😆

The second image importantly shows you the ground. In this long a game you see a lot of those crates, and a lot of that ground texture!