IGNORED

Name the game!

Just to finish up with mine, since no one named it outright, it's Alfred Hitchock Presents for the 3DO. Here's the third screenshot I was going to post:

image.png.da400e96d4eddcf6352d4661fa805a9a.png

I thought seeing Hitchcock would be a truly WTF moment for people who remember who he is.

So, this truly odd piece of software has a Japanese-overdubbed Hitchcock guiding you through a Concentration game and a roulette game, because reasons.

The problem is, the Concentration game doesn't stop the timer for disk access when it's seeking the stupid FMV clips it has you sit through -- so you're living and dying by your 3DO's lens. And since you're probably not playing an original of this exceedingly-rare disc, when you're on Hard mode and have only 60 seconds, it's basically impossible unless you get everything perfectly on your first try.

(It's probably impossible with a real disc too -- I use great CDRs and my system has no trouble reading them -- so you might need an ODE to have a shot at beating Hard. Or emulation, of course.)

Anyway the game is utter crap but I did once spend several hours trying to beat Hard. And failed!

Edited by bronzeshield
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

Kirby's Dreamland 3

Ding ding!
vgsclue.png.12496048a932a91d060f787c713b3e24.png

Freezing Metroids later in the game nabs Kirby a meeting with bounty hunter Samus Aran and a Heart Star. Some other Nintendo characters also appear too (most being pretty obscure).

Edited by AverageOliver98
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Graphics Team · Posted
On 9/9/2023 at 10:00 AM, AverageOliver98 said:

Ding ding!

Freezing Metroids later in the game nabs Kirby a meeting with bounty hunter Samus Aran and a Heart Star. Some other Nintendo characters also appear too (most being pretty obscure).

Aw man - Kirby's DreamLand 3 is such a good-looking game.
I didn't know there were cameos from Samus and other Nintendo characters in it - but then again I've never tried to get those extra starts and stuff.

[T-Pac]

On 9/9/2023 at 1:00 PM, AverageOliver98 said:

Ding ding!

I thought that was Samus, but the background looked like Yoshi's Island which is why I guessed Super Smash Bros. At least I was on the right track.