IGNORED

Name the game!

So I know the rules said 48 hours... but at this point, it's only been 46 hours and I kinda want someone to get this so one more image and hint (we're loosing the eyes for now, but its still part of the same picture)
Hint4.png.1a5f6020635c6124b37608273a8534ce.png

Hint: So contrary to the eyeball thingy making it seem horror-esque , this is a shmup.
A shmup that was never released outside of Japan, but earlier entries in this series were.

6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm guessing it's a game that I've never played because I don't recognize it at all.

While it certainly isn't a mainstream game, I think revealing too large a portion of the screen would give it away.  That's not even considering that the name of the game is displayed on the screen for the vast majority of the game.

As a side note, I was just looking at the game case (it happen to be right next to me) and noticed that the screenshots look significantly different from the actual game.  Maybe they used a prototype for the screenshots?

17 minutes ago, Red said:

While it certainly isn't a mainstream game, I think revealing too large a portion of the screen would give it away.  That's not even considering that the name of the game is displayed on the screen for the vast majority of the game.

As a side note, I was just looking at the game case (it happen to be right next to me) and noticed that the screenshots look significantly different from the actual game.  Maybe they used a prototype for the screenshots?

If the name of the game is displayed during the game, that should be a hint too. Maybe I'll recognize it when I see it, but I still have no idea.