• Seen it, loved it
    • Seen it, liked it
    • Seen it... *meh*
    • Seen it, didn't like it
    • Seen it, hated it
    • Never seen it, gonna
    • Never seen it, not gonna

Administrator · Posted

A double bill today, cuz fuck it why not.

Heavy Metal (1981) - Posters — The Movie Database (TMDb) Watch Heavy Metal 2000 on Netflix Today! | NetflixMovies.com

Surely there's a heavy metal fan or two on the site? I'm pretty curious of those who've seen both films (there are dozens of us!), whether anyone actually LIKED Heavy Metal 2000. I've not seen 2000 in... 20 or so years? I have however sat and watched the first film somewhat recently (~3-5 years range) and I always enjoyed it.

Also these aren't musicals! Hah! Gottem!

• Love 1

Fuck yes now we're talking. 

I only watched 2K once. I'm willing to give it a "love", but that definitely needs review. Bit strange that it was one story instead of an anthology.  I gather Eastman wanted to make sonething epic though and I respect that. 

The first one... ohh man. My first encounter was at my best friend's house in grade school. We did a lot of sleepovers. My parents didn't want cable, so watching it at his place was like a treat for me. He was long asleep at 2 or 3 in the morning. I being a lifelong night owl, was flipping channels and came across the beginning of the Taarna sequence. I was immediately transfixed and I always remembered it, but never knew what it was. Years later I picked up the movie on tape at the record store. By then I had read the magazine a bunch but I didn't know anything else about the movie; just that it was from the cool F/SF mag. And when I watched it and got to the last story...      🤯This is it! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Events Team · Posted

I watched the OG Heavy Metal last week.  Def a 10 on the Brock scale.  Got to see it in theaters when it was remastered in the 90s. It was a later show and they cranked it nice and loud.  Great tunes and killer animation.

Heavy Metal 2K kinda sucked.  I watched that one again recently just to make sure and it was still pretty meh.  I likely will never watch it again.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2