IGNORED

Movies Gloves Has Actually Seen Debate #8 Double Feature: Caravan of Courage & Battle for Endor

Gloves

These movies were Wicket! (heh)   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Caravan of Courage, you've...

• Seen it, loved it
    • Seen it, liked it
    • Seen it... *meh*
    • Seen it, didn't like it
    • Seen it, hated it
    • Never seen it, gonna
    • Never seen it, not gonna
  2. 2. Battle for Endor, you've...

• Seen it, loved it
    • Seen it, liked it
    • Seen it... *meh*
    • Seen it, didn't like it
    • Seen it, hated it
    • Never seen it, gonna
    • Never seen it, not gonna

Administrator · Posted

image.png

As a kid I loved Star Wars, couldn't get enough. So you bet your ass I loved these straight to VHS movies. That said, I haven't watched them in a long ass time, so not sure whether today me would wanna sit through them or not. Watching the trailers a few spots made me go "oh yeeeaaaah! I memba!", so might be worth a watch some wacky night for kicks. 

Thoughts? Memories? 

Good choice.  I can't really say how to rate them though because I've not seen them since the 80s.  Actually, I'm not even 100% I've see The Battle for Endor.  I know I've seen Caravan of Courage, though.

I tried to start watching Caravan of Courage when Disney+ came out, but for some reason I didn't get to finish it.  I wasn't bored with it, I just had to cut it off to do something else and just never got back to it.

Battle for Endor feels familiar, but I don't recall anything about it.  I might try to rewatch these and then come back and vote soon.

Oh, and I worked at a summer camp in 2001, before my Senior year of college.  There was a 16 year old girl their who was named Cindel .  Turns out, her mother managed to get pregnant with her when she was about 15/16.  She liked the name from The Caravan of Courage so much, she named her daughter after the little girl.  So yeah.  That happened.

• Like 1

Okay, after watching a Youtube video (which featured an extremely annoying French dude talking over it), I found the scene. It was Caravan of Courage, and the older kid had the rock. He broke it open and there was a ... buttplug or something (I have no idea, it was small and somewhat pointy) that scooted along the ground and showed them the way.

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Okay, after watching a Youtube video (which featured an extremely annoying French dude talking over it), I found the scene. It was Caravan of Courage, and the older kid had the rock. He broke it open and there was a ... buttplug or something (I have no idea, it was small and somewhat pointy) that scooted along the ground and showed them the way.

Quick, @CasualCart , we need an artist rendition of this!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Speaking of Star Wars TV, let me tell you about this little thing called Life Day...

There’s even a RiffTrax for that gem. Even watching it that way is tough, but having guys joke it the whole time makes it bearable.

I have a very high tolerance for bad media but when I first saw The SW Christmas Special, I had to watch it in multiple settings. It’s probably not the worst movie/media I’ve seen but I’m having a hard time thinking of something else.

Events Team · Posted

Both pretty meh.  I was stoked to revisit these when the DVD double feature was released some years ago and it was a let down.  They are okay if you've got any nostalgia for them but they will not live up to your expectations if you haven't seen them since you were a kid.

Also, no lightabers.  So they're not really Star Wars movies anyway.

11 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Also, no lightabers.  So they're not really Star Wars movies anyway.

I know it's a tangent discussion, but I can't help but disagree with this sentiment.

The Star Wars universe, and the nature of it, is big enough to provide a lot of interesting and fun stories that don't always involve the force, much less light sabers.

Yes, light sabers are cool, but I've appreciated stories like Rogue One, which is my favorite non Original Trilogy SW media by a very wide margin, and I enjoyed the first season of The Mandolorian immensely (although, yeah... they brought in the dark saber later.)

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

Mando and Rogue One both have lightsabers.  Hell, Darth Vader is in Rogue One.  Lightsabers= Star Wars confirmed.

I forgot the end. Lol. But it’s not entirely necessary to move the plot. It’s just part of the story connecting one film to another.

man, it was an awesome scene, though.

• Agree 1