IGNORED

Today Nintendo ripped me off

**********EDIT: ok Nintendo came through and extended the deadline to redeem codes so now I got my theme.. 🥳 

Domo Arigato Gozaimas Nintendo-san 
I love you again ❤️

Original (Obsolete) message below:

I spent 200 myNintendo platinum points to get the Samus 3DS wallpaper. When I went to redeem the code in the eshop, it says download codes can’t be redeemed.

On the page with my download code it says it can be redeemed until March 28, 2023 2am. Just below that it says codes can’t be redeemed anymore beginning in March.

I called Nintendo support today and spoke with a lady who put me on hold to talk with her knowledge team. She came off hold and said she won’t be able to have a solution for this since it’s a new error code and the shop closes tomorrow. And also platinum points are non-refundable.

I told her that this is not fair. Why would they allow me to spend the platinum points on a downloadable product that I am not able to redeem?

I guess Nintendo just politely said screw you. Well Nintendo, you are not off the hook. This rant will remain on the internet until I get my points back 

44D17BBD-8ED3-4AD7-AAF6-1837CF21DE1D.thumb.png.8f5d811a0bdf7268e3469d20f388ed8e.png

F5240723-8642-44A2-BFC7-5D6F4F48E3EC.thumb.png.8fc2dbc4d982c4a9a3afc5df6690b8aa.png

Edited by phart010
  • Haha 1

They’re all doing it now.  Everywhere you go.  Customer service is dead.  Product quality is a joke.  People are just consumers intended for exploitation.  We have only ourselves to blame.  We let this happen.  They have no reason to behave otherwise.  The hubris is palpable.  Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

image.png

EST according to the above, which he did include.

I guess you're right, I didn't look at the images.

It looks like there are two time limits at play here. One is the expiry of this particular item in the store, so it'll be in the store until that date. However, the store is shutting down before then so the item's expiry is irrelevant.

It's like if a store had a limited release of a game they will only sell until June 1 but the store shuts down on May 1.

Maybe.

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

It looks like there are two time limits at play here.

[EDIT!]

Looks like I may have been mistaken - the official Nintendo Q&A page says March 27th:

Wii U & Nintendo 3DS eShop Discontinuation Q&A

Applies to:  New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS, Wii U Deluxe, Wii U Basic

As of March 27, 2023, it will no longer be possible to make purchases in Nintendo eShop for the Wii U system and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. It will also no longer be possible to download free content, including game demos. Furthermore, as this date draws closer, related services will cease to function:

The thing is it's contradictory.  The top is auto generated from the look of the text, but at the bottom of that screen capture it very clearly says that to Please redeem your download code before March 2023.  This is quite after before March, almost April now.  That would have been a huge red flag for me.

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

The thing is it's contradictory.  The top is auto generated from the look of the text, but at the bottom of that screen capture it very clearly says that to Please redeem your download code before March 2023.  This is quite after before March, almost April now.  That would have been a huge red flag for me.

As a consumer, if the website allows me to pay for something, I assume they will deliver it

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

To be fair I had far worse happen to me during my PS3 and PS4 days. 😩

My PS3 days literally had me lose money. With their digital store policy not being the reason why they were fine with that. And my PS4 days being tied to a game that should have still been on sale the day I was going to purchase it. With that result having me hear a clueless CSR not being helpful.

With that said... @MrWunderful is right. You should hire one of those video game injury lawyers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

You could always get a lawyer, and take them to court. 

Only if they’d agree to payment as a fixed percentage of the court ordered compensation. I wonder if the lawyer would be willing to accept compensation paid out in myNintendo platinum points 

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@phart010 

just an FYI, Nintendo extended the deadline for eShop codes until April 3rd, so maybe you can still get this after all? Not sure if it's relevant in this case, but wanted to make sure you saw the update.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/03/nintendo-extends-code-redemption-deadline-for-wii-u-and-3ds-eshops

12 hours ago, twiztor said:

@phart010 

just an FYI, Nintendo extended the deadline for eShop codes until April 3rd, so maybe you can still get this after all? Not sure if it's relevant in this case, but wanted to make sure you saw the update.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/03/nintendo-extends-code-redemption-deadline-for-wii-u-and-3ds-eshops

FD4BBB08-F67A-484B-9D29-BEC1CC296481.thumb.jpeg.886b9b21d984bca83565500f4f36d7fd.jpeg

87BA6CD6-37D9-44E1-B378-C2E366E8FAE2.jpeg.bc85122dc7bd6c9fd0cf42a909519034.jpeg

• Love 2

On 3/28/2023 at 8:30 AM, OptOut said:

Damn, too bad you missed out on this one, I actually have this theme downloaded on my 3DS... Best part is, each consecutive page on the home screen you scroll through she takes off more armour. You should see page 4! 😍😂

I don’t see no page 4 

3655ED62-5974-44ED-8F4A-AB4B41851469.jpeg.582a171834880384a999988c71a21007.jpeg

• Wow! 1