IGNORED

NES Mah Jong Hong Kong

3 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

You know something? After all these years knowing about its existence and its rarity, I can't recall anyone ever asking this or mentioning it anywhere...

I have several Hong Kong games (not Mah Jong unfortunately)...and I've never opened one. Until now! 

Granted, one would actually have to open a real Mah Jong to be sure, but at least this is some evidence pointing in the 72 direction.

PXL_20230219_234150857.jpg

• Like 1

Wow I'm surprised too no one has ever asked this.  I've been thinking it is a 50/50 situation given the limited supply, age, year involved where it could go both directions.  Maybe they floated doing it but then pulled the rug out, and in that case it almost makes you wonder if they did the cheaper use existing boards/adapter route or ran up production like it would have had a full large scale run.  Keeping in mind, we're talking over there, there mahjong sells.

On 2/18/2023 at 10:13 AM, Sam NES Litman said:

Good day fellow Nintendo community. I have been searching for a copy of this game and wanted to see if anyone knows of one for sale or who owns one, maybe I can send them a reasonable offer😁 Mah Jong Hong Kong for NES🙏🏽 thanks for the time 

Good luck! It's another one of those games that I don't think has made it out of single digits of copies found.

Any luck with that Star Force you wanted?

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

It would make sense for these games to be 72 pin, as Hong Kong NES is PAL. Running an NTSC 60 pin board through a converter could lead to compatibility issues.

It doesn't make sense for these to exist at all since it's Japanese rules mahjong for Hong Kong market  😂

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 2/19/2023 at 4:33 PM, Tulpa said:

Good luck! It's another one of those games that I don't think has made it out of single digits of copies found.

Any luck with that Star Force you wanted?

Hey! So I actually stopped collecting variants, sold some of my gems to pick up some games that were on my list for a complete world set 🥵. I thought I’d never find a few games I had “heard” of but I tracked 3 down and got ‘em✅ here’s one, the HES holy grail

69E5B78A-DBF0-476C-9C66-F4B224F84EB4.jpeg

• Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Sam NES Litman said:

Hey! So I actually stopped collecting variants, sold some of my gems to pick up some games that were on my list for a complete world set 🥵. I thought I’d never find a few games I had “heard” of but I tracked 3 down and got ‘em✅ here’s one, the HES holy grail

I put the Sachen game in pic so you can see true size of Box

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam NES Litman said:

Wow,! Are there two individual boxes inside that big box?

This is one of the greatest pics posted on here this year, don't think I've ever seen that before.

Thanks for sharing.

12 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Wow,! Are there two individual boxes inside that big box?

This is one of the greatest pics posted on here this year, don't think I've ever seen that before.

Thanks for sharing.

I think they're just two loose carts inside a box with a big spacer on the bottom.

What I still don't understand is why is an Italian company publishing an American Video Entertainment, and Tengen NES game in Australia through HES.

...I kinda suspect that these aren't actually full blown Australian releases, but instead Italian releases, sort of like how Supergun 3-in-1 is a "Gluk" release for Italy as well.

Italy and Australia is PAL-A as well. (also UK)

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I think they're just two loose carts inside a box with a big spacer on the bottom.

What I still don't understand is why is an Italian company publishing an American Video Entertainment, and Tengen NES game in Australia through HES.

...I kinda suspect that these aren't actually full blown Australian releases, but instead Italian releases, sort of like how Supergun 3-in-1 is a "Gluk" release for Italy as well.

That kinda makes sense actually.  My guess is that it's as simple as "oh shit, we have overstock...let's see if someone else wants them..."  Magexa likely worked out a distribution deal with HES in Australia to sell their overstock.

In an unrelated note, I find it amusing that they got the art for Super Sprint, but stole the art for Soccer from NASL Soccer on the Intellivision.  Seems odd to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

Yep, def an Italy/Asia release. And they for sure jacked some art from intellivision. All around a rare mysterious gem. 🙂 I heard report(s) of very small #  … here’s a pic that maybe has never been taken 🤔😁💎

27355B2F-A579-44E0-836C-1CB5C9CE859A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, Sam NES Litman said:

The game doesn't have individual boxes 😭, that would have been cool. 

Damn, I was hoping I was wrong 😕

Also, like I mentioned before to you somewhere else, you can always go for the other 72-pin Mah Jong release with the FamicomBox version. But seeing that photo with Myriad / Supergun / Magexa, I understand why you want that version of Mah Jong.

Also, FamicomBox has a couple of 72-pin exclusives. I can't go off memory, and I don't have the list of known releases handy, but I think it's like four of five unique games?

Also, as an aside, you gotta get a copy of Futebol, Fighting Hero, and Crimebusters from Brazil. In the past I mentioned that Fire Dragon is an unlicensed exclusive, but I've since change my mind and consider it a pirate instead of a unlicensed release.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Damn, I was hoping I was wrong 😕

Also, like I mentioned before to you somewhere else, you can always go for the other 72-pin Mah Jong release with the FamicomBox version. But seeing that photo with Myriad / Supergun / Magexa, I understand why you want that version of Mah Jong.

Also, FamicomBox has a couple of 72-pin exclusives. I can't go off memory, and I don't have the list of known releases handy, but I think it's like four of five unique games?

Also, as an aside, you gotta get a copy of Futebol, Fighting Hero, and Crimebusters from Brazil. In the past I mentioned that Fire Dragon is an unlicensed exclusive, but I've since change my mind and consider it a pirate instead of an unlicensed release.

I Have the Brazil games, but what I am curious about is Famiconbox exclusives 🤔 please try and find that list, very curious to what you speak of. 

I have some like Mah-Jong but don’t think others are Exclusives… 

33 minutes ago, Sam NES Litman said:

Yep, def an Italy/Asia release. And they for sure jacked some art from intellivision. All around a rare mysterious gem. 🙂 I heard report(s) of very small #  … here’s a pic that maybe has never been taken 🤔😁💎

27355B2F-A579-44E0-836C-1CB5C9CE859A.jpeg

Nice Myriad, but mine's better.  Mostly cuz I can play it 🙂

20230222_190815.thumb.jpg.d86cc45ff19d781f3d3ed7e3b9f05252.jpg