IGNORED

NES Mah Jong Hong Kong

19 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Also, as an aside, you gotta get a copy of Futebol, Fighting Hero, and Crimebusters from Brazil. In the past I mentioned that Fire Dragon is an unlicensed exclusive, but I've since change my mind and consider it a pirate instead of a unlicensed release.

RIP Fire Dragon. The gameboy version is more original than the NES one. Out of curiosity, what changed your mind on it?

11 minutes ago, Sam NES Litman said:

I Have the Brazil games, but what I am curious about is Famiconbox exclusives 🤔 please try and find that list, very curious to what you speak of. 

I have some like Mah-Jong but don’t think others are Exclusives… 

http://videogamekraken.com/famicombox-by-nintendo

I'm pretty sure this list isn't comprehensive, but the exclusives on that list are...

• Akuma-kun: Makai no Wana
  • F1 Race
  • Gomoku Rebei
  • Soccer League Winner's Cup
  • TwinBee
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sam NES Litman said:

Lol. Beautiful Cart, but mine is a lower # 😎. Also I have Caltron if I need to play💪🏼

Thanks man.  I didn't care about the number, just that I finally could afford one when one was available 😛  Probably overpaid on it, but I was just happy to snag it.  And I have Caltron too, but for some reason I like the idea of playing a cart that's worth stupid amounts of money instead of regular old Caltron 😛  Though honestly the only decent game on there is the Sokoban ripoff 😛

1 minute ago, Ankos said:

RIP Fire Dragon. The gameboy version is more original than the NES one. Out of curiosity, what changed your mind on it?

Every other game by INTERATIVE (NOT Interactive) is a pirated ROM, so I have no reason to believe that they went ahead and licensed Fire Dragon from Gamtec.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

http://videogamekraken.com/famicombox-by-nintendo

I'm pretty sure this list isn't comprehensive, but the exclusives on that list are...

• Akuma-kun: Makai no Wana
  • F1 Race
  • Gomoku Rebei
  • Soccer League Winner's Cup
  • TwinBee

Thanks so much for this information and the time 🙏🏽

Also, I think some of the pirate games in Brazil are still highly collectible.

VIC for example makes their own cover art for their pirates, and their cases are amazing...same can be said for the HKGCC games as well. (and to a lesser extent, the Samurai indian games after they left Nintendo)

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Agree 1

Also, I think some of the pirate games in Brazil are still highly collectible.

VIC for example makes their own cover art for their pirates, and their cases are amazing...same can be said for the HKGCC games as well. (and to a lesser extent, the Samurai indian games after they left Nintendo)

I like that there is no other game 72 pin of fire dragon or Brush roller and they are old! And hyper rare. I have them both on my list but nbd which way it truly falls under 

• Like 1

Just now, Sam NES Litman said:

I like that there is no other game 72 pin of fire dragon or Brush roller and they are old! And hyper rare. I have them both on my list but nbd which way it truly falls under 

Oh I still want them myself, I'm just being nitpicky about the minor technicalities.

Even still, Brazil is really hard to decode since it's all a mix of white/grey/black market stuff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sam NES Litman said:

I mean, a version of Brush Roller is found on Caltron/Myriad, and Fire Dragon is just a glorified version of Snake, so I find it hard to believe they can't be found anywhere...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sam NES Litman said:

Cool cool. I get what your saying. 

Yeah, there's probably a multicart somewhere.  I downloaded the ROMs to try them out and to see details on them.  Apparently Brush Roller is an NROM and Fire Dragon is a CNROM, so both would be super easy to make repros of.  If they're popular enough, maybe I'll do a small run. It'd also be kinda fitting to bootleg a bootleg 😛

5 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Also, as an aside, you gotta get a copy of Futebol, Fighting Hero, and Crimebusters from Brazil. In the past I mentioned that Fire Dragon is an unlicensed exclusive, but I've since change my mind and consider it a pirate instead of a unlicensed release

What made you change your mind on Fire Dragon?

Edit: nevermind 

Edited by fcgamer

5 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Brush_Roller

Another 60-Pin release, that I doubt they went through the hassle to contacting the developer for.

The question would be is the ROM actually brush roller or bookyman? Even on the Famicom, it can be ambiguous at times, i.e. label versus content for this pair.

5 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I mean, a version of Brush Roller is found on Caltron/Myriad, and Fire Dragon is just a glorified version of Snake, so I find it hard to believe they can't be found anywhere...

Fire Dragon was published by Gamtec themselves on Famicom, and also licensed to Bic for Famicom release, which Bic then published.

11 hours ago, fcgamer said:

The question would be is the ROM actually brush roller or bookyman? Even on the Famicom, it can be ambiguous at times, i.e. label versus content for this pair.

It might be? I can't say for sure since I don't own one so let's leave it as "possibly" until someone here shows up with one.

And regarding Fire Dragon, you and I have different viewpoints on what's unlicensed versus pirate content, but I think even you and I could agree that it's just a pirate based on circumstantial evidence...there's NO way that INTERATIVE went out of their way to license the code of Fire Dragon from Gamtec, when they could have just borrow it for free like everything else they did.

My list of games for INTERATIVE includes stuff like Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Mega Man, Kick Master, Robocop, Snow Bros., Super Mario Bros., Ninja Gaiden, Tiny Toons, Simpsons, just to name a few.

It might be? I can't say for sure since I don't own one so let's leave it as "possibly" until someone here shows up with one.

And regarding Fire Dragon, you and I have different viewpoints on what's unlicensed versus pirate content, but I think even you and I could agree that it's just a pirate based on circumstantial evidence...there's NO way that INTERATIVE went out of their way to license the code of Fire Dragon from Gamtec, when they could have just borrow it for free like everything else they did.

My list of games for INTERATIVE includes stuff like Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Mega Man, Kick Master, Robocop, Snow Bros., Super Mario Bros., Ninja Gaiden, Tiny Toons, Simpsons, just to name a few.

Well I have fire dragon and brush roller if y’all wanted to see pics of boards or anything ….

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Sam NES Litman said:

Well I have fire dragon and brush roller if y’all wanted to see pics of boards or anything ….

I also see that Phantom Air Mission in your avatar too...wow (what about Snowboard Challenge?)

Any info shared would be appreciated in regards to demystifying anything from Brazil. A screenshot of the title screen would be great too.

22 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I also see that Phantom Air Mission in your avatar too...wow (what about Snowboard Challenge?)

Any info shared would be appreciated in regards to demystifying anything from Brazil. A screenshot of the title screen would be great too.

😁 yes I have both Snowboard Challenge and Phantom Air Mission! When I’m off work around 4pm PST, I will open up the Brazil games! 

• Love 1