IGNORED

Your Best Pickups: on NA, in the wild, on ebay

On Ebay, I purchased Rockin Kats 100% complete for $35 buy-it-now, free shipping. It was in very good condition. (2001)

In the wild, I found a 100% complete Sega Genesis system and 100% complete PS1 system sitting at the curb for trash pick-up. Everything was in very good condition. (2012)

Not sure what my best haul on NA was.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

Yeah.  If you pay the going rate when you bought but it’s worth 20x that now can that be considered a “best pickup?”

I guess you could argue either way.

Shoot NintendoAge was great because you never really even paid the “going rate” you were definitely not paying eBay values, probably 10%-20% less and then another 3% paying friends and family. And I didn’t even join till early 2019 lol.  Not that I haven’t had that same deal here, just much less. 

love you @Jeevan and skinny lol

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

Shoot NintendoAge was great because you never really even paid the “going rate” you were definitely not paying eBay values, probably 10%-20% less and then another 3% paying friends and family. And I didn’t even join till early 2019 lol.  Not that I haven’t had that same deal here, just much less. 

love you @Jeevan and skinny lol

if I had more, I'd sell ya more 😘

• Love 1

On 7/6/2023 at 4:49 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

2016 they officially died for me. I still get lots once or twice a year but that's going to20-50 every weekend in the summer. 

Did I read that right....?

You attend 20-50 yard sales EVERY weekend in the summer despite not finding any game related gear?

I mean... if you love yard sales, then have at it, Hoss!

8 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

You attend 20-50 yard sales EVERY weekend in the summer despite not finding any game related gear?

When I was doing yard sales regularly the most I ever did one one day was around 20. This is hardcore determination lol

• Haha 1

I went to a church rummage sale in 2018 in a small town.

I walked in soon after it opened and one of the first boxes I looked in had a smoke grey n64, controller and Star Wars Ep1 racer believe. Almost brand new looking.

I also picked up a sleeping bag and mat, cooler, a theracane and I think something else.

I went to check out and the lady looked at the n64 and said something like is this "game stuff." I said yep. How about $10 for everything (including the camping stuff)? I said great.

I recently traded the n64 for a PAL Little Samson with the hopes of getting the NTSC one day.

Good times. And funny after I picked that up, I went to like 4-5 other sales and got nothing. I should have just stopped when I was ahead!

5 hours ago, AirVillain said:

My wife doesn't work so I just treat it like a second job. I typically make between 2-500 a weekend doing it.