IGNORED

Mynty.gg - New Price tracking site

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

The Amazon affiliate links don't work like that, you don't have to buy the product in the link. The basic idea is to get you to click the link, regardless of where the link takes you. Once you click an affiliate link with my affiliate ID in it, Amazon holds that for a week and anything you buy on Amazon within that week, I get a percentage of that sale. So you don't have to buy that item but if you do plan on buying anything frm Amazon, hey, click my link first and let me get a pece.

I realize I was writing that in the first person but I'm not affiliated with Mynty, just explaining how it works.

They just finished describing how their sales sorting process is manual. Sales frm yesterday will take quite a while to get manually sorted.

I'm curious where you wrote this if you copied and pasted it here. It's impossible to read using the site's dark theme because the lettering is almost black. It seems like a unique post intended only for here, did you post it somewhere else as well?

You know, I do end up repeating myself quite a bit, mostly because I encounter a lot of the same questions. Sometimes, I just find it easier to copy and paste certain responses.

On 2/14/2024 at 8:56 AM, Code Monkey said:

The Amazon affiliate links don't work like that, you don't have to buy the product in the link. The basic idea is to get you to click the link, regardless of where the link takes you. Once you click an affiliate link with my affiliate ID in it, Amazon holds that for a week and anything you buy on Amazon within that week, I get a percentage of that sale. So you don't have to buy that item but if you do plan on buying anything frm Amazon, hey, click my link first and let me get a pece.

I realize I was writing that in the first person but I'm not affiliated with Mynty, just explaining how it works.

Interesting, didn't know that. Thank you.

Still, though. The assumption is that the link is there for that particular game. And in Amazon's case, it's a shitty place to buy NES games. 

Now there's an eBay link. Which I assume works in a similar way?

This is what I meant by "it depends on your philosophy". And of course how much $$$ you can bring in with the links. If you're using it to help fund the site, then of course you need it. But if the collecting tool is powerful (good?) enough then I would say it's better to not have the links.

This website seems best suited for people who want a "Collection Tracker". Hopefully the crew there can find the market they need and get it all figured out.

2 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Interesting, didn't know that. Thank you.

Still, though. The assumption is that the link is there for that particular game. And in Amazon's case, it's a shitty place to buy NES games. 

Now there's an eBay link. Which I assume works in a similar way?

This is what I meant by "it depends on your philosophy". And of course how much $$$ you can bring in with the links. If you're using it to help fund the site, then of course you need it. But if the collecting tool is powerful (good?) enough then I would say it's better to not have the links.

This website seems best suited for people who want a "Collection Tracker". Hopefully the crew there can find the market they need and get it all figured out.

If so, they're required to notify the user (you) they receive compensation for the affiliate links. Otherwise their affiliate account can be suspended.

If you look around the site, you'll see if this is posted somewhere for both Amazon and eBay but yes, they both work the same way.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 1:19 PM, a3quit4s said:

Grind Stormer has no sales data at all: https://mynty.gg/game/grind-stormer-2/

Only reporting cause it has no sales data which is a little different than recent sales data so maybe a different glitch rather than slow data collection

Hey everyone, just dropped some fresh data into Grind Stormer

If you notice some games are showing up with zero data, it's mostly because we haven't got around to importing their data yet, or we just haven't seen any data come through for them. Sadly, a lot of our Sega and Xbox titles are in this boat right now. We've been really focusing on Nintendo, PS1, PS2, and PS3 titles, so they've got a bit more love data-wise.

I might've mentioned this before, but I'm currently putting our new autonomous aggregator through its paces. This nifty tool is going to sort and import data all on its own, no human babysitting required. We're aiming to have this up and running fully in the next week or so. Once it's good to go, we're planning to start a mass import for all the 40K+ games in our library. So, stay tuned for that!

Edited by c4
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 9:16 AM, Pendragonx said:

Wow.. this is pretty cool.. I've got most of my collection entered in Backloggery at the moment, but I might give this a look ..Thanks for sharing

Our upcoming feature will simplify the process of adding your collections by enabling you to upload a document that contains all your games at once. This will allow you to effortlessly match titles and bulk add them to our site. Initially, we'll support uploads from popular collection platforms such as PriceCharting, GAMEYE, and CLZ. Simply download your collection as a file from these sites and upload it to ours.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Let me push back a little, in a friendly way.

_How does this site improve upon features already in VGPC?

_The site has a UI for phones / chunky fingers. Is that your target userbase? As a desktop-user, I find phone UI on desktop browsers are cumbersome and slow, requiring more scrolling a finagling to show all data onscreen. As an example, your site leaves half the width of the page devoted to box art. The other half is data. You could fit more data and increase legibility, if you reduced the space devoted to photos. That doesn't mean leaving things in the current left-right split setup.

_I can read the graph data, but the colors chosen are similar shades of purple rather than being more distinct. Why shade / fill the area under the curve, if you are just tracking linear price data (value / time)? 

_Is there a way you can grab data older than 2023? Trends are a big thing. 

_How does your site grab data? VGPC recently stated they were adding AI to make better evaluations of listings to categorize them better than simply text. This means better organization by loose / cib / sealed, but also variants like Greatest Hits, black label, and other variants. I don't know how much AI is implementation there. In the past, I have emailed directly to add sales of variants or those which weren't caught by their system.

_How does your site evaluate condition as there are estimates shown for acceptable, good, and excellent?

I'm not sure how to treat this competitor. My main reason for referring  to Game Value Now was that it recorded images of listings. The non-free VGPC has this feature now. The site as it stands is slow, cumbersome, and lacks years of data. I understand it's a work in progress.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2024 at 10:10 PM, monsterG said:
Let me push back a little, in a friendly way.

_The site has a UI for phones / chunky fingers. Is that your target userbase? As a desktop-user, I find phone UI on desktop browsers are cumbersome and slow, requiring more scrolling a finagling to show all data onscreen. As an example, your site leaves half the width of the page devoted to box art. The other half is data. You could fit more data and increase legibility, if you reduced the space devoted to photos. That doesn't mean leaving things in the current left-right split setup.

_I can read the graph data, but the colors chosen are similar shades of purple rather than being more distinct. Why shade / fill the area under the curve, if you are just tracking linear price data (value / time)? 

_How does your site grab data? VGPC recently stated they were adding AI to make better evaluations of listings to categorize them better than simply text. This means better organization by loose / cib / sealed, but also variants like Greatest Hits, black label, and other variants. I don't know how much AI is implementation there. In the past, I have emailed directly to add sales of variants or those which weren't caught by their system.

_How does your site evaluate condition as there are estimates shown for acceptable, good, and excellent?

I'm not sure how to treat this competitor. My main reason for referring  to Game Value Now was that it recorded images of listings. The non-free VGPC has this feature now. The site as it stands is slow, cumbersome, and lacks years of data. I understand it's a work in progress.

Thanks a ton for your feedback and questions! I really value the time and effort you’ve put into this.

I created Mynty because I was seeking more than just a middle-of-the-road, average value. Mynty offers a breakdown into three price ranges: 1. Excellent to Near Mint price, 2. Good to Very Good price range, and 3. Acceptable to Fair price range. This approach provides a clearer understanding of the actual selling prices for games in better condition as well as those in poorer condition. Mynty also lets collectors evaluate their collections based on condition.  Besides that, Mynty stands out as one of the only true alternative data aggregators in the market. While there are other websites where you can see average prices for games today, the truth is they all use Price Charting API data. What does that mean? It means you're not seeing unique average values. What you see on Price Charting is the same as what's displayed elsewhere. Mynty changes this by sourcing our own data and aggregating it for our frontend users. 

Our target user base includes both mobile and desktop users. We're always tweaking the UI, but I've got a soft spot for box art and the little details, so we've made room for high-res photos of the games. Plus, I feel the design has a retail-friendly vibe, which I'm hoping Mynty will dabble in down the line. Yeah, there's a bit of scrolling, but it's nothing too difficult.

Chances are we might not circle back for the old data, but hey, never say never, right? For the moment, we’re all about stacking up the data day by day, building it up as we go.

We're part of the eBay developer program, so we've got the inside track on their data. Right now, we're piecing together a shiny new sorting and importing system with some nifty ML, but we've also rigged up some clever ways to filter out specific data. When we hit the 'go' button again, expect to see a whole bunch of variants – I'm a massive fan of those variant games, and we're planning to keep adding to the collection.

We've developed an algorithm that crunches the numbers on the data we collect, giving us reliable condition estimates. Typically, high sales point to excellent condition games, and low values often mean poor condition. But we get that it's not always cut and dry, which is why we focus on condition average ranges. We're not about pinning down a single value as a definitive condition grade—it's more about painting the picture of a condition spectrum.

I'm not sure how to treat this competitor. My main reason for referring  to Game Value Now was that it recorded images of listings. The non-free VGPC has this feature now. The site as it stands is slow, cumbersome, and lacks years of data. I understand it's a work in progress.

To offer full transparency, Mynty currently does not rival any existing websites for the reasons you've outlined. Our platform has been slow, unwieldy, and deficient in data. However, since January this year, we have overhauled our entire backend to accelerate the frontend and facilitate the sorting and importing of data on a grand scale. This enhancement will enable us to autonomously deliver sorted data for tens of thousands of games quickly. This capability is what Mynty has been missing.

The overhaul signifies that Mynty is gearing up to be a competitive force. Our primary focus has been on improving speed and the comprehensiveness of the data we present. In the upcoming weeks and months, you can expect to see noticeable changes and announcements reflecting our progress. 

Edited by c4
  • Thanks 1