IGNORED

Mynty.gg - New Price tracking site

22 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Wild.... I feel like I'm in a timewarp.... I clicked on this thread thinking it was new and didn't pay close attention to the dates. 😆

Interesting site...

The classifications seem a bit subjective, though. The "mynty" classification and "Rarity scale" were literally said to be just made up/decided by @wu1fyy in the interview by Bird Dog..... I mean, if you want the responsibility of deciding these (incredibly high level serious and meaningful) things, then I guess that's cool? But seems like a photo from an eBay listing is a tricky way to apply a grade of quality. 🤔

Kinda seems like that should be decided in a bit less of a subjective way. Seems like buddy, pardon me Wu1fyy for the informality, is just deciding "oh well this one's 'minty' and this one's not." just based on a picture.... Note: I'm looking through the website now and each game has a condition attached to it. I think this is a slippery slope. What's "minty" to you, isn't "minty" to someone else.

And, just curious.... you know the term "minty" has a bit of contention in the collecting community, right? I would hope you are, at least, aware of this so you can handle it properly, PR/Marketing-wise. I've noticed lots of people on Reddit/Facebook, or look through threads here (especially back in the NA days, I remember threads upon threads where we would laugh about people saying their beat up shit was "minty").... many people are put off by someone who's selling/showing off their games and claims they are "minty". Saying things like "Check out this minty CIB, man.", or "These games are SUPER MINTY, bro!" to try to bring clout.

So when you are literally calling your website this, but MORE IMPORTANTLY assigning the condition of "minty", you should probably take this into consideration. For example... I find it a bit pompous/arrogant when someone says "I've got this minty Mega Man CIB set, check it out bro!!!". Who the fuck is this guy to determine his shit is minty? Then you take a look at it and it's got wear on the corners and a crease here or there on the manuals. 😅

See what I'm saying?

So the branding of the term "mynty" (and website w/ gg) I think is unique and well done, but I would be careful actually assigning this condition to games.

My, humble, opinion would be to use the term "mynty" in an ironic/fanboy sense and base your branding on that, and not try to actually decide the condition of EVERY game listed on your site as you will INEVITABLY have people question your condition decisions. (Just my thoughts on your branding 😉)

Also.... not scrubbing any data and manually inputting all the data? Did I understand that correctly?

I guess that makes sense, but if the data is not input on a real-time basis it might not reflect recent sales until updated? Also, that's a shit ton of work. 🙈

Good luck, though... and it's great that you've come here and answered some questions directly. As you've seen, you've got a large potential market here, and these are the folks who you would want to target. Good luck!

Re: Usefulness of website... I think the website is pretty cool, however, most of the time if I'm looking up the price of a game, I just need a quick reference to know if I'm in the ballpark so I want to take a quick look.... Also, I'm probably looking at a few games.

So, for example, when I go to PriceCharting, no matter how I have the games sorted, they show up in a large LIST. I scroll down the list and find the games I'm looking for, done.

But your website.... has the games as large Icons, and only 12 at a time. I click "Load More" and only 12 more pop up. On the mobile site, I can basically get 1.5 games on the screen at once.... that's a LOT of scrolling to get through a couple games.

So.... with over 700 games, if I want to check out Zombie Nation, and look at some Mega Man games on my way, *checks calculator, that's like 60 clicks. 😳 I guess you assume people are going to search out each individual game they are looking for? Or are you STRICTLY targeting people who are going to use this as a collection tracker, and not a casual "price checker" like myself?

I do like that you have it catered to "high-end" collectors and have easily accessible variants. Neat to see the 5-screw/Tengen/Black Box/Etc. games have their own categories.

Either way.... visually the website and mobile site look amazing. Well done and all the best! 👏

Well said. I usually don’t read anything this long,  but I did this time!  bravo!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Wild.... I feel like I'm in a timewarp.... I clicked on this thread thinking it was new and didn't pay close attention to the dates. 😆

Interesting site...

The classifications seem a bit subjective, though. The "mynty" classification and "Rarity scale" were literally said to be just made up/decided by @wu1fyy in the interview by Bird Dog..... I mean, if you want the responsibility of deciding these (incredibly high level serious and meaningful) things, then I guess that's cool? But seems like a photo from an eBay listing is a tricky way to apply a grade of quality. 🤔

Kinda seems like that should be decided in a bit less of a subjective way. Seems like buddy, pardon me Wu1fyy for the informality, is just deciding "oh well this one's 'minty' and this one's not." just based on a picture.... Note: I'm looking through the website now and each game has a condition attached to it. I think this is a slippery slope. What's "minty" to you, isn't "minty" to someone else.

And, just curious.... you know the term "minty" has a bit of contention in the collecting community, right? I would hope you are, at least, aware of this so you can handle it properly, PR/Marketing-wise. I've noticed lots of people on Reddit/Facebook, or look through threads here (especially back in the NA days, I remember threads upon threads where we would laugh about people saying their beat up shit was "minty").... many people are put off by someone who's selling/showing off their games and claims they are "minty". Saying things like "Check out this minty CIB, man.", or "These games are SUPER MINTY, bro!" to try to bring clout.

So when you are literally calling your website this, but MORE IMPORTANTLY assigning the condition of "minty", you should probably take this into consideration. For example... I find it a bit pompous/arrogant when someone says "I've got this minty Mega Man CIB set, check it out bro!!!". Who the fuck is this guy to determine his shit is minty? Then you take a look at it and it's got wear on the corners and a crease here or there on the manuals. 😅

See what I'm saying?

So the branding of the term "mynty" (and website w/ gg) I think is unique and well done, but I would be careful actually assigning this condition to games.

My, humble, opinion would be to use the term "mynty" in an ironic/fanboy sense and base your branding on that, and not try to actually decide the condition of EVERY game listed on your site as you will INEVITABLY have people question your condition decisions. (Just my thoughts on your branding 😉)

Also.... not scrubbing any data and manually inputting all the data? Did I understand that correctly?

I guess that makes sense, but if the data is not input on a real-time basis it might not reflect recent sales until updated? Also, that's a shit ton of work. 🙈

Good luck, though... and it's great that you've come here and answered some questions directly. As you've seen, you've got a large potential market here, and these are the folks who you would want to target. Good luck!

Re: Usefulness of website... I think the website is pretty cool, however, most of the time if I'm looking up the price of a game, I just need a quick reference to know if I'm in the ballpark so I want to take a quick look.... Also, I'm probably looking at a few games.

So, for example, when I go to PriceCharting, no matter how I have the games sorted, they show up in a large LIST. I scroll down the list and find the games I'm looking for, done.

But your website.... has the games as large Icons, and only 12 at a time. I click "Load More" and only 12 more pop up. On the mobile site, I can basically get 1.5 games on the screen at once.... that's a LOT of scrolling to get through a couple games.

So.... with over 700 games, if I want to check out Zombie Nation, and look at some Mega Man games on my way, *checks calculator, that's like 60 clicks. 😳 I guess you assume people are going to search out each individual game they are looking for? Or are you STRICTLY targeting people who are going to use this as a collection tracker, and not a casual "price checker" like myself?

I do like that you have it catered to "high-end" collectors and have easily accessible variants. Neat to see the 5-screw/Tengen/Black Box/Etc. games have their own categories.

Either way.... visually the website and mobile site look amazing. Well done and all the best! 👏

Thank you so much for the feedback; I greatly appreciate it. We don't grow without feedback like this, seriously.

I have to say, the video you watched with Birddog Gaming is almost a year old at this point, and so much has changed since then, as I'm sure you're aware. That said, the 'Mynty' classification and Rarity scale are gone, and I don't plan on bringing them back.

Our conditional price values are now presented as a range. For example, Excellent - Near Mint is our highest range, Good - Very Good is our mid-range, and Acceptable - Fair is our low condition range. I felt the same way you did. I didn't like a single classification when it came to value; a range just feels better, which is why we changed it. To sweeten this up, we added a 'confidence meter' to show how confident we are in the price displayed. This is measured by volume. The more data we track by condition, the higher the confidence score. But even then, there's always room for error.

We do scrub through all data in every game. We currently have a small team of data entry operators who are sorting through data 5 days a week. Of course, they have help with our unique sorting system, so it's not as bad as you might think. But yes, we are seeing all the data because it's the only way to accurately evaluate data. I will say that we are working on methods as we speak to incorporate AI and machine learning to make our process faster. As of now, I'd say we have data for over 3500 games. In the next month, this number should double as we are rolling out new automation tools for our data team.

I can agree that our console pages could use a list view to allow for more information to be seen all at once. Maybe we could consider a 'list' alternative view to help with this issue. However, if you want to look up Zombie Nation, you could just choose to use the filters located just under the subset buttons. You can sort A-Z or Z-A or loose, complete, and sealed from high to low or vice versa.

I appreciate the compliment on the mobile-responsive design; we worked very hard on this layout. This is a good representation of the app coming soon. Only the app design will slightly change to accommodate new tools like a UPC scanner and an easy-to-find user toolbar.

Again, appreciate your time, and I hope you continue to use Mynty in the future. Feel free to ask more questions or give me feedback. I'm always listening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

The problem with lazy loading is that you can't use CTRL+F to search for a game name. It's best to just have all games on the screen at once or at most pagination with a text filter.

After completing a few tasks, I'll be adding a search bar to all consoles so you can easily find a specific game. Following that, I'll be working on implementing a 'list' view layout.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wu1fyy said:

After completing a few tasks, I'll be adding a search bar to all consoles so you can easily find a specific game. Following that, I'll be working on implementing a 'list' view layout.

You're the developer? What are you writing it in?

20 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

You're the developer? What are you writing it in?

No, I'm not the dev, but I manage the project closely. If you're asking about the programming language, Mynty is mostly written in PHP.

On 1/6/2024 at 1:15 AM, wu1fyy said:

Thank you so much for the feedback; I greatly appreciate it. We don't grow without feedback like this, seriously.

Again, appreciate your time, and I hope you continue to use Mynty in the future. Feel free to ask more questions or give me feedback. I'm always listening.

You're welcome, thank YOU for coming in and responding to all the messages here. Especially a long winded one like mine, which was using out dated references. 🙈

I appreciate the understanding.

I like the condition range and confidence level concepts. Something like that is necessary when it comes to something so subjective as condition. I think once you get around to a "list view", that would really help with navigation.

I think you've addressed all my "issues" quite well, thank you for the update. I look forward to what you've got going on in the future and will check back here and there. 👍

• Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 10:20 AM, Code Monkey said:

The problem with lazy loading is that you can't use CTRL+F to search for a game name. It's best to just have all games on the screen at once or at most pagination with a text filter.

It’s a trade off I’m sure. Listing it all at once will probably take a substantial load time.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 7:30 AM, AirVillain said:

You're welcome, thank YOU for coming in and responding to all the messages here. Especially a long winded one like mine, which was using out dated references. 🙈

I appreciate the understanding.

I like the condition range and confidence level concepts. Something like that is necessary when it comes to something so subjective as condition. I think once you get around to a "list view", that would really help with navigation.

I think you've addressed all my "issues" quite well, thank you for the update. I look forward to what you've got going on in the future and will check back here and there. 👍

Thanks for your valuable feedback! I always welcome more of it.

I'm excited to show you what we're working on your request, particularly how it'll look in both desktop and mobile responsive views. We're increasing the number of games you can scroll through from 12 to 24. On mobile, where you currently see 1 games, you can now see 3 and you'll soon be able to see more games per load. Take a look and let me know your thoughts; I always appreciate your input.  

Keep in mind, these values aren't accurate; they're just part of a designer's mock-up.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 09.32.02.png

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 09.33.01.png

Edited by wu1fyy
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 8:48 PM, inasuma said:

It’s a trade off I’m sure. Listing it all at once will probably take a substantial load time.

What up Inasuma!?

Yes, we're currently addressing some load time issues. We've managed to optimize the site a bit since then, but there's room for more improvement. At the moment, our main focus is on transferring all our images to AS3 to enhance load times. Additionally, we're implementing some strategies to minimize image loading, especially since we use high-resolution images to ensure a clear display of the games.

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
18 minutes ago, wu1fyy said:

Yes, no worries, it's just a graphic mock-up. We left "Nintendo" as is in this graphic to save the designer time. This doesn't mirror what's in our database. Check the link below

Silent Hill PS1

Oh don't worry I checked first lol. Just havin' a laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2024 at 4:16 PM, wu1fyy said:

I'm excited to show you what we're working on your request, particularly how it'll look in both desktop and mobile responsive views. We're increasing the number of games you can scroll through from 12 to 24. On mobile, where you currently see 1 games, you can now see 3 and you'll soon be able to see more games per load. Take a look and let me know your thoughts; I always appreciate your input.  

Keep in mind, these values aren't accurate; they're just part of a designer's mock-up.

That’s a really tall phone. I’m curious how will look on iPhones. Haha

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2024 at 6:53 AM, inasuma said:

That’s a really tall phone. I’m curious how will look on iPhones. Haha

You don't have the new iPhone 26? 😱😉

Check out this grab. 

Decided to remove the affiliate link to give us more room... Who needs money anyway right?? 😅

image.png.4b35e7012488e82518e33ab176344c03.png

9 hours ago, wu1fyy said:

You don't have the new iPhone 26? 😱😉

Check out this grab. 

Decided to remove the affiliate link to give us more room... Who needs money anyway right?? 😅

image.png.4b35e7012488e82518e33ab176344c03.png

No one really buys used games on Amazon anyways that I am aware. They are always more expensive than on eBay. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

No one really buys used games on Amazon anyways that I am aware. They are always more expensive than on eBay. 

It's not just for purchases on the direct link. As an affiliate, if you click a link with my affiliate ID in it, I get a percentage of anything you buy from Amazon over the next 7 days. The percentages vary per category.

10 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

hot take but a lot of things, not just games, are like this now. the prevalence of independent sellers on Amazon means their prices will be more akin to something like eBay, but it often feels higher priced for no reason at all.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 5:16 PM, wu1fyy said:

Thanks for the shout-out.

Nice. The site looks nice, like I said before.

I guess it depends on your philosophy and how you want to present the site, in terms of how many games you want to come up/view.

I can see the "box art" approach being better for hardcore collectors (maybe someone who is going for a complete CIB set) but a list view might be better for someone who is just wanting to find games from their childhood/recommendations.....

So yeah, kind of depends who you are targeting.

For someone who wants to literally use your collection tracker function, they can input their games and they're done. For others, who use the site as a "pricing resource", maybe not (as it's not super easy to scroll through the game list to check out prices to update their own Excel sheet, for example. Al prices are in USD as well...). So I guess it depends who you want to use the site.

Re: The Amazon link deal, once again, depends on your philosophy vs. how much $$$ you can bring in with the links.

Like others have said, I'm not sure how many people actually purchase this stuff from Amazon. I certainly never have. If the links are bringing in major revenue then hell, leave them, of course. But if the revenue isn't super high, I think you might want to take that into consideration as they do somewhat detract from the overall "sanctity" of the site, and very few have the actual game available on Amazon.

Neat work, either way!

On 2/12/2024 at 7:38 AM, AirVillain said:

I guess it depends on your philosophy and how you want to present the site, in terms of how many games you want to come up/view.

I can see the "box art" approach being better for hardcore collectors (maybe someone who is going for a complete CIB set) but a list view might be better for someone who is just wanting to find games from their childhood/recommendations.....

For someone who wants to literally use your collection tracker function, they can input their games and they're done. For others, who use the site as a "pricing resource", maybe not (as it's not super easy to scroll through the game list to check out prices to update their own Excel sheet, for example. Al prices are in USD as well...). So I guess it depends who you want to use the site.

Re: The Amazon link deal, once again, depends on your philosophy vs. how much $$$ you can bring in with the links.

Like others have said, I'm not sure how many people actually purchase this stuff from Amazon. I certainly never have. If the links are bringing in major revenue then hell, leave them, of course. But if the revenue isn't super high, I think you might want to take that into consideration as they do somewhat detract from the overall "sanctity" of the site, and very few have the actual game available on Amazon.

Neat work, either way!

You've made several excellent points. We've temporarily put this task on hold to focus on a more significant project. But will get back to it right after. 

I'm thrilled to announce that we're in the process of upgrading our aggregator to automate the sorting and importing of data without needing manual intervention. This enhancement means that data for all 40,000+ games we track can be imported automatically upon command. This development will address the current data scarcity on Mynty and enable us to update our data more frequently. I consider this the crowning achievement of our current phase. Following this, we'll aim to optimize further and introduce additional features to the site.

• Like 1

Not trying to shit on anyone cause I dig the site aesthetic and the graphics are neat but same problem I have with Price Charting and why I no longer use it. It’s just easier to get sales data directly from eBay. 

Rando game I picked and one is not even close to a good enough sample size but loose shows 4 recent sales on eBay from 2023 when there are a shit ton more as soon as yesterday. Last tracked loose sale on Mynty is 11/2023 it looks like

https://mynty.gg/game/dungeon-explorer-3/?item=loose

Edit: pulled another rando - Super C loose on NES, last tracked sale on Mynty - 10/2023

https://mynty.gg/game/super-c/?item=loose

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Not trying to shit on anyone cause I dig the site aesthetic and the graphics are neat but same problem I have with Price Charting and why I no longer use it. It’s just easier to get sales data directly from eBay. 

Rando game I picked and one is not even close to a good enough sample size but loose shows 4 recent sales on eBay from 2023 when there are a shit ton more as soon as yesterday. Last tracked loose sale on Mynty is 11/2023 it looks like

Edit: pulled another rando - Super C loose on NES, last tracked sale on Mynty - 10/2023

First up, thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it when people step up and take the time to share their thoughts, as it helps me tackle any issues head-on.

I actually covered this topic in my last post. At the moment, we're importing data to the site manually—yes, manually, believe it or not! But I've recently brought on board a new development team to overhaul our aggregator system for automatic functionality. What's in it for you? Data importation will be significantly quicker on a daily basis. How quick, you ask? Right now, we manage to import between 100-250 games a day. With our new tool, we're looking at 700-1000 games a day.

One thing eBay doesn't offer is the separation of data by condition, and that's where Mynty excels. Sure, you can dig up the most recent data on eBay, but it doesn't sort by condition. You could do that legwork yourself, but why go through all that hassle when you can find it easily on Mynty? We're here to save you time and offer you more.

Oh, and I've just updated both of the games you mentioned below 👊

Dungeon Explorer / Super C

• Like 2

On 2/12/2024 at 8:38 AM, AirVillain said:

Neat work, either way!

The Amazon affiliate links don't work like that, you don't have to buy the product in the link. The basic idea is to get you to click the link, regardless of where the link takes you. Once you click an affiliate link with my affiliate ID in it, Amazon holds that for a week and anything you buy on Amazon within that week, I get a percentage of that sale. So you don't have to buy that item but if you do plan on buying anything frm Amazon, hey, click my link first and let me get a pece.

I realize I was writing that in the first person but I'm not affiliated with Mynty, just explaining how it works.

13 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

They just finished describing how their sales sorting process is manual. Sales frm yesterday will take quite a while to get manually sorted.

12 hours ago, c4 said:

First up, thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it when people step up and take the time to share their thoughts, as it helps me tackle any issues head-on.

I actually covered this topic in my last post. At the moment, we're importing data to the site manually—yes, manually, believe it or not! But I've recently brought on board a new development team to overhaul our aggregator system for automatic functionality. What's in it for you? Data importation will be significantly quicker on a daily basis. How quick, you ask? Right now, we manage to import between 100-250 games a day. With our new tool, we're looking at 700-1000 games a day.

One thing eBay doesn't offer is the separation of data by condition, and that's where Mynty excels. Sure, you can dig up the most recent data on eBay, but it doesn't sort by condition. You could do that legwork yourself, but why go through all that hassle when you can find it easily on Mynty? We're here to save you time and offer you more.

Oh, and I've just updated both of the games you mentioned below 👊

Dungeon Explorer / Super C

I'm curious where you wrote this if you copied and pasted it here. It's impossible to read using the site's dark theme because the lettering is almost black. It seems like a unique post intended only for here, did you post it somewhere else as well?