IGNORED

Mynty.gg - New Price tracking site

Checked it out, UI was nice. Stuff behind paywall, makes sense gotta keep the lights on. I find myself using the 3rd party tools less and less. Just going straight to eBay completed sales has been working for me when I need it which isn’t often recently. Good to have another 3rd party that’s independent and will hopefully be updated and maintained. 

edit: maybe not a paywall - just register for a free account

also a work in progress only like 70 NES games added and maybe 60 Genny games. Nothing besides NES/SNES/N64/Genesis/Xbox/PlayStation has been started. Lots of work to be done!

Edited by a3quit4s

16 minutes ago, BirdDogGaming said:

Nah. Actually just met him on Monday when he reached out to me. Really cool guy. I imagine he was probably on NintendoAge

Cool, just looking for transparency. Appreciate it. If you chat with him again, please direct him here for real time feedback. 

2 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Checked it out, UI was nice. Stuff behind paywall, makes sense gotta keep the lights on. I find myself using the 3rd party tools less and less. Just going straight to eBay completed sales has been working for me when I need it which isn’t often recently. Good to have another 3rd party that’s independent and will hopefully be updated and maintained. 

When i clicked the “upgrade” button to see how much it cost, it only prompted me to sign up - it may not be an actual paywall. 

I too use recently sold on ebay and im not actually sure if any 3rd party app/site can compete with that. 

1)It didnt have any game gear games uploaded

2) UI on safari was nice, but a little clunky. It might be more clear after I spend some time with it. 

22 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

edit: maybe not a paywall - just register for a free account

also a work in progress only like 70 NES games added and maybe 60 Genny games. Nothing besides NES/SNES/N64/Genesis/Xbox/PlayStation has been started. Lots of work to be done!

It is unquestionably a work in progress. More games will be introduced in the near future. I absolutely want to add full game libraries for nearly all systems.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Cool, just looking for transparency. Appreciate it. If you chat with him again, please direct him here for real time feedback. 

When i clicked the “upgrade” button to see how much it cost, it only prompted me to sign up - it may not be an actual paywall. 

I too use recently sold on ebay and im not actually sure if any 3rd party app/site can compete with that. 

1)It didnt have any game gear games uploaded

2) UI on safari was nice, but a little clunky. It might be more clear after I spend some time with it. 

Mynty was created by me, and I appreciate your input.

Because we average out conditional data for you, I believe Mynty has a slight advantage over searching eBay solds.

We'll be adding more games and systems shortly. The mobile responsive site will be available in mid-February, with an app to follow.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wu1fyy said:

Because we average out conditional data for you, I believe Mynty has a slight advantage over searching eBay solds.

We'll be adding more games and systems shortly. The mobile responsive site will be available in mid-February, with an app to follow.

Sounds good. Can you provide any information about your dedication to this tool? The reason I ask is we've seen other similar sites come and go. If I'm going to track my collection with your tool, I want to be sure it is going to stick around for some time. With others, I took a lot of time adding my collection, only to see the site defunct after a couple of years.

• Agree 2

53 minutes ago, wu1fyy said:

By coming here and speaking directly, I already am WAY more willing to use your service. 

I truly appreciate the communication, that is something that is sorely lacking in the retro collecting community nowadays, especially when it comes to “services”. 

Not sure your history with retro collecting, but I would love to hear it. Were you a member of Nintendo Age?

Like @CodysGameRoom said, a lot of us here have been burned by tools like this in the past (game value now, for me- which “was” a decent site) and the lack of a competitor to eBay sold is something I have been curious about after using sold listings as most accurate for the last few years. 

Few more questions/comments if you don’t mind:

1) do you scrape or collect any personal collection data?

2) any chance of having autofill in search?

3) it was super difficult for me to find out what the premium paid service was (“the collector”) and what options were offered. I still don’t even really know what it actually does and why I should pay for it. 

For me personally, I will not be using it for any social media, and am only after pure, fast real-time price data. I Most likely wont use it for the collection tool either, unless the real time price data is really accurate. If you could output something from the collector tool an insurance company could use legally with real market value, I would pay a good amount for it

Looking forward to spending more time with your site and cant wait for the mobile site/app

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Sounds good. Can you provide any information about your dedication to this tool? The reason I ask is we've seen other similar sites come and go. If I'm going to track my collection with your tool, I want to be sure it is going to stick around for some time. With others, I took a lot of time adding my collection, only to see the site defunct after a couple of years.

I appreciate your great question. I'm a collector first and foremost and my passion runs deep. The issues that Mynty fixes are mine own. Mynty has been under development for two years and nine months. I've been thinking about it for around five years.  If the mountains I've climbed and valleys I've walked through to get here to post this message to you didn't stop me, nothing will. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

By coming here and speaking directly, I already am WAY more willing to use your service. 

I truly appreciate the communication, that is something that is truly lacking in the retro collecting community nowadays, especially when it comes to “services”. 

Not sure your history with retro collecting, but I would love to hear it. Were you a member of Nintendo Age?

Like @CodysGameRoom said, a lot of us here have been burned by tools like this in the past (game value now, which was a decent site) and the lack of a competitor to eBay sold is something I have been curious about after using sold listings as most accurate for the last few years. 

Few more questions/comments if you don’t mind:

1) do you scrape or collect any personal collection data?

2) any chance of having autofill in search?

3) it was super difficult for me to find out what the premium paid service was (“the collector”) and what options were offered. I still don’t even really know what it actually does and why I should pay for it. 

For me personally, I will not be using it for any social media, and am only after pure, fast real-time price data. I Most likely wont use it for the collection tool either, unless the real time price data is really accurate. If you could output something from the collector tool an insurance company could use legally with real market value, I would pay a good amount for it

Looking forward to spending more time with your site and cant wait for the mobile site/app

It means a lot to me that you're willing to use my services. I'm here for you guys (not just saying that)

My interest in collecting began about 2002. I was a member of Nintendo Age and made roughly three posts. I usually read posts and looked up Nintendo information. One of my posts aimed to assist in identifying a version of The Legend of Zelda that I discovered in the wild, but that's about it. However, I began collecting NES for sentimental reasons. I've sold complete collections four times since then. Then buying back more games, you know how that goes. I'm now a snobbish sealed and immaculate CIB collector haha. 

I understand about getting burned; I was as well. I used to be a huge gamevaluenow user about 5 years ago, till they fell idle. I never found out why, but I'm glad they did since it inspired me to create Mynty. I'm building Mynty so I can have confidence that it will always be there for me, because I don't see myself ever stopping collecting video games. So just remember that we both want the same thing.

We do not scrape or gather any personal information. To confirm, please read our private policy and terms of service.

Autofill in search? yeah, we can do that soon. 

We're developing a landing page for new users to compare pricing and learn what Mynty does better. For now you can check out our upgrade page here:

https://mynty.gg/upgrade/

When you add a game to your collection, you assign a category (loose, cib or sealed) and a conditional tag. We analyze your option based on your choosing. The sum of your selections yields a grand total. Each collection is divided into consoles. We will soon allow users to attach components to each game they have acquired (cart, manual, inserts, box, notes, etc).

I hope my answers help you understand me and Mynty better. I'd be happy to address any further questions you may have.

Edited by wu1fyy
  • Like 2

@wu1fyy just wanted to say, I regret not teaming up with you when you contacted me during covid times. The site is great and it's something I always wanted to see done.

Good job so far!

One thing I suggest, is make the variants easier to read.

If I go into Super Mario Bros. 1 page, I'm greeted with a 'VERY RARE" rating as the first thing and that, at a glace from a beginners perspective would make them think you're nuts, when in reality, the matte sticker is in fact very rare.

I think it would be a wise idea to allow at least two, maybe even three lines of text before adding the ellipsis to cut off a title...that, or list the variant underneath the title.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

@wu1fyy just wanted to say, I regret not teaming up with you when you contacted me during covid times. The site is great and it's something I always wanted to see done.

Good job so far!

One thing I suggest, is make the variants easier to read.

If I go into Super Mario Bros. 1 page, I'm greeted with a 'VERY RARE" rating as the first thing and that, at a glace from a beginners perspective would make them think you're nuts, when in reality, the matte sticker is in fact very rare.

I think it would be a wise idea to allow at least two, maybe even three lines of text before adding the ellipsis to cut off a title...that, or list the variant underneath the title.

Always room for more. I'm looking to hire console administrators or consultants. Its never too late. 

Great idea. I'll see if we can add this in to our next update. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

@wu1fyy any plans for the eventuality of totally different games with the same name? I see right now you have the url structure as simply "/game/{gameName}", but that won't do when you have e.g. Doom and Doom, Prey and Prey, Saints Row and Saints Row, etc..

On my collection tracker I do "/{system}/{game-name}" but even that has me jumping through a hoop or two still. Curious what you'll do as this grows.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

@wu1fyy any plans for the eventuality of totally different games with the same name? I see right now you have the url structure as simply "/game/{gameName}", but that won't do when you have e.g. Doom and Doom, Prey and Prey, Saints Row and Saints Row, etc..

On my collection tracker I do "/{system}/{game-name}" but even that has me jumping through a hoop or two still. Curious what you'll do as this grows.

To let you in on a little secret, we have practically all platforms and games ready to go in our database right now. We're holding back to build more resources. So let me give you an example of how we deal with this situation. 

Assume the game is called BOSS II and it is available on three different systems. The URL would be structured as follows.

BOSS-ii-1, BOSS-ii-2, BOSS-ii-3

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, wu1fyy said:

To let you in on a little secret, we have practically all platforms and games ready to go in our database right now. We're holding back to build more resources. So let me give you an example of how we deal with this situation. 

Assume the game is called BOSS II and it is available on three different systems. The URL would be structured as follows.

BOSS-ii-1, BOSS-ii-2, BOSS-ii-3

Does it do the same though in my actual example where you have two totally different games with exactly the same name?

Cuz there's...

image.png

And then there's...

image.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Does it do the same though in my actual example where you have two totally different games with exactly the same name?

Cuz there's...

image.png

And then there's...

image.png

The URL structure for this would look like this: DOOM-1, DOOM-2 

I hope I'm answering your question appropriately.

• Like 1

Watched the interview video. Solid stuff! I'll probably make an account and subscribe in the near future, even though I mainly have European releases and very rarely sell games. This kind of project deserves the support and will hopefully grow into its full potential.

So watching the interview and browsing the site, I definitely see potential in it and the demonstrated knowledge seems on point. I suppose my main concern is how overwhelming it is to keep up with this as the site expands more and more,  and I might have missed it, but I don't see a way to add things to a personal collection just yet. This would be very daunting for someone like me to do since I'm not fully aware of all the variants I have, and have over 10k games I'd want to add. I'm definitely interested to see how the site progresses though!

• Like 1