IGNORED

Decoupling the NES from the Famicom

fcgamer

38 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Does Actor fcgamer type the response and then play the game?

Or does benevolent Dave type the response and then play the game?

Or does Actor fcgamer type the response and then benevolent Dave plays the game?

Or does benevolent Dave type the response and then Actor fcgamer plays the game?

Just trying to figure out who's typing and doing what at this point since you're working on a...

WHOLE   'NUTHER   LEVEL!!!!!

I used to always say in those werewolf games that I was super busy, now you guys know why 

Graphics Team · Posted

More relevant to the discussion, though...

I think there are times where it makes sense to separate the NES and the Famicom as regionally distinct iterations of the same basic system. 

And I think there are times where it's better to group the two systems / libraries together to serve the topic at hand.

-CasualCart

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

7 hours ago, CasualCart said:

More relevant to the discussion, though...

I think there are times where it makes sense to separate the NES and the Famicom as regionally distinct iterations of the same basic system. 

And I think there are times where it's better to group the two systems / libraries together to serve the topic at hand.

-CasualCart

D1110110-268B-45A1-AE24-24C287CE1FDD.gif.5195d2103bfb8225e2d922cb3ed89469.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/14/2023 at 1:56 PM, MrWunderful said:

100% not true, His banning was justified. Mountains of proof, that you never saw.  Still doesnt matter though. 

But everyone got a fresh start here so nobody cares what the old mods at NA did anyways. At least I don’t. Maybe some people still do. 

Crazy how “implying” something that actually happened is considered a personal attack, noted. 

I've seen a lot of crazy things in my life, and that's not one of them. Please elaborate?

Administrator · Posted
43 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Come on, help us reach 20?

Knowing that fcgamer is just a Persona makes it a looooot easier to click that "issue warning" button if you keep goading people on to argue needlessly. 

Jokes aside, back on track with the thread please, or has it run its course? I'll be happy to close it up if the actual constructive conversation sharing opinions in a civil manner is over, which it feels it might be. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

Knowing that fcgamer is just a Persona makes it a looooot easier to click that "issue warning" button if you keep goading people on to argue needlessly. 

Jokes aside, back on track with the thread please, or has it run its course? I'll be happy to close it up if the actual constructive conversation sharing opinions in a civil manner is over, which it feels it might be. 

I think it might be as well. No idea why MrWunderful started bringing up old Nintendo Age drama, leave it at Nintendo Age?

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

My thoughts: the hardware discussion is somewhat interesting, but will probably come up again in some other thread. The talk about the North American exclusives is clearly just opinion based. And the whole fabricated persona makes me think that the thread is a bit disingenuous in the first place.

• Agree 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
On 1/12/2023 at 1:28 PM, darkchylde28 said:

Thanks for that.  I scanned all the way down to the type in programs and the stuff about them versus reading all the way through the page.  I don't see any specific reason to doubt the details of the mail in process given all of the other information provided and how well it's documented, but we could absolutely reach out and see if they're able to provide specific sources for those details.  In fact, I went ahead and did just that a few moments ago and will advise in this thread if I hear back.

@phart010, just wanted to give you a heads up that I got a reply back from Dustin Hubbard, the guy who wrote the article.  Sadly, he does not remember whatsoever where he got that information.  He said he thought it might have come from early game magazines, but without the ability to read Japanese, he has no way to know.  Looks like the idea of the mail-in-V1-get-back-V2.xx process is currently not officially confirmed.  Full text of the email I received is below, in case it's of any interest to anyone.

"I wish I did but I do not unfortunately. I almost wonder if it was in some early game magazines? But without an ability to read Japanese I have no idea, hopefully somebody digs this up eventually it would be interesting to find out :)"

• Like 2

• The topic was locked