IGNORED

The Pre-Order Thread

I never pre-order anything unless I'm getting some kind of discount or extra perk for doing so.  The only exception is for things that I believe will be truly difficult to get otherwise.  So outside of a hand full or LRG games, I don't have any plans to pre-order anything at the moment.

When Amazon offered 20% off, I pre-ordered pretty much everything.  It's funny to think I played Breath of the Wild on launch day for $48 when it was still selling for $60 new several years after release.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

I never pre-order anything unless I'm getting some kind of discount or extra perk for doing so.  The only exception is for things that I believe will be truly difficult to get otherwise.  So outside of a hand full or LRG games, I don't have any plans to pre-order anything at the moment.

When Amazon offered 20% off, I pre-ordered pretty much everything.  It's funny to think I played Breath of the Wild on launch day for $48 when it was still selling for $60 new several years after release.  

I think that's a good approach. The Atari collection is a limited edition - which means what? Well, they might make so many of them in a year it will be half off, or they might make so few of them it will way more expensive in the second-hand market, who knows... but, I don't feel bad supporting Atari and hope they are able to somehow make a comeback 🙂

7 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Keeping an eye on GoW and MW2. What are the pros and cons to pre ordering?

There really are no pros to preorders. Sometimes you get some DLC or maybe some physical thing, something small and cheap. The big con is something like you get an unfinished game that needs a year worth of patches to be playable. See Cyberpunk 2077 (although I got it at launch on Xbox Series X and never had any problems). I trust that GoW will be excellent upon launch so I took a chance on a special edition. Anything not Nintendo will probably also get a price drop not even a month after launch as well. 

On 10/22/2022 at 4:09 PM, DarkTone said:

Ah ok. So whats the difference between pre ordering, and buying it on day 1? Besides the dlc and trinkets. 

You do get to support the developers. Some people might laugh at that, but the numbers can make a difference between a sequel and nothing. For instance, Demon's Souls was released by Atlus originally. It was their biggest seller in history, and paved the way for Dark Souls.

• Agree 1

I don't really anymore, except in the odd case of stuff that gets a short and cut run. 😕

LRG basically... few and far between now given history.  And then Analogue as I'm group B for the Pocket and a box of accessories for it.

LRG I'm in the long haul now for Valis Collection 2 which was last month I guess, and then Avenging Spirit Gameboy with the CIB game with the glow in the dark cart, manual, and full JP game with english popped on so it's not cut short/censored like the old US original.

Very expensive, but also a signed edition limited to only 100 copies...

https://www.pixnlove.com/accueil/953-syberia-the-world-before-collector-s-edition-ps5-signed-exclusive-370152950155.html

Screenshot-from-2022-10-25-17-00-49.png

I literally just posted this and now it's out of stock... ah well 🙂

Edited by avatar!

I find it funny if something is limited, no matter what it is, people will scratch and claw for it. Like, if there was a barbie game on the Snes that never came out, but one cart survived, collectors would be proud to own it (no offence to barbie fans). 

Back on track. I looked up some of the worst pre order bonus from games and BOY, I'm still laughing! 

• Like 1

Im not one who preorders anything really, though I don’t consider stuff from Limited Print Companies a preorder really.  But whatever you (plural) do don’t do your preorders from Gamestop in store. There are/is SO much going wrong in their preorder system since they switch they’re logistics system around it’s not even funny. People have been getting their preorders days/weeks late or just not at all. Not just with some indie games that only get a handful of preorders, but with the “big ones” as well, like 2K games

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...