• Coldplay - "Viva La Vida"
  3. 3. Choose one

• Tears for Fears - "Head Over Heels"
    • Whitney Houston - "Dance With Somebody"
  4. 4. Choose one

• REM - "Orange Crush"
    • The B-52's - "Love Shack"

Events Team · Posted

Dig that Dua Lipa x Elton John.  Panic! sucks.

Can't believe I had to vote for Coldplay.  They annoy me slightly less than Muse. But they both suck.

Tears for Fears vs Whitney was tough.  Went with Tears but it could just as easily go the other way depending on my mood.

B52s all day.  REM sucks.  They had one good song though and it's not the one you think.

12 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Dig that Dua Lipa x Elton John.  Panic! sucks.

Can't believe I had to vote for Coldplay.  They annoy me slightly less than Muse. But they both suck.

Tears for Fears vs Whitney was tough.  Went with Tears but it could just as easily go the other way depending on my mood.

B52s all day.  REM sucks.  They had one good song though and it's not the one you think.

Same here except I went with Whitney on the third one.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Moderator · Posted

Didn’t know either of the first 2 songs, the Elton John thing was more listenable.

I don’t really like Muse, but was an easy vote over Coldplay, how can people seriously like that band?

Whitney was an easy vote, one of the best songs of the 80’s, although I like Tears for Fears too.

Michael Stipes voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me, although that is about their easiest song for me to handle, still a vote for B52’s. 

Toss up on the first.

Don't care too much for either on two, but Muse was less overplayed. Coldplay was okay, but then every outlet was like a Youtube algorithm. "YOU LIKE COLDPLAY!? HERE THEY ARE 24/7!!!!"

Dance with Somebody is a guilty pleasure, and Whitney sings the hell out of that song. Tears had better songs.

B-52s. Never really liked REM save a few songs off of Monster. Orange Crush is less infuriating than Losing My Religion, though.

I voted for Elton and Dua Lipa more out of respect for Elton than for liking the song. He's unrecognizable under all that auto tune garbage. Although considering his age his voice might not be great at this point anyway.

Love Shack winning over Orange Crush? I don't get this board's dislike for REM.

Edited by mbd39

Editorials Team · Posted
31 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I voted for Elton and Dua Lipa more out of respect for Elton than for liking the song. He's unrecognizable under all that auto tune garbage. Although considering his age his voice might not be great at this point anyway.

Love Shack winning over Orange Crush? I don't get this board's dislike for REM.

Small sample size.  Go somewhere else and they worship REM and Muse, or Radiohead and Pearl Jam 😅

Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I had no idea that REM was even a little bit polarizing.  I always thought of them as the type of band that everyone could enjoy or at the very lest tolerate. 

Picking Orange Crush over Love Shack was possibly the easiest choice for me in any of the music Polls I've been a part of.  🤔

• Haha 1