IGNORED

Lynda's Totally Unauthorized Game Debate: Do You Actually Miss Konami?

Lynda Monica

Do you actually miss Komani in the current market?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actually miss Konami in the current market?

• Yes
    • No
    • I only miss Metal Gear

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Makar said:

Konami released yugioh legacy of the duelist 3 years ago on switch. As long as they keep pumping out yugioh games, that’s all I’ve ever cared about coming from them tbh. 

But what if they released a Yu-Gi-Oh every 3 years on Switch and they had a big new Metal Gear gaming coming out on PS5 this holiday season.  And a new Silent Hill next year?

I wish I could play those card games, but the mix of random dumb luck along with however deck building and tactics work in those things I can't figure it out.  I think it would be a lot of fun, but magic, yugioh, pokemon I've looked at, confuses the shit out of me.  Farthest I got was the pokemon pika/eevee starter box they sell cheap with a functional deck to play with someone else to get the basics.  That's about the depth I have gone without utter fail.   Probably better off hoping someone makes an intelligent AI ripoff of old pencil/paper AD&D and releasing it on IOS so I can get lost on that. 😛

Editorials Team · Posted
44 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I wish I could play those card games, but the mix of random dumb luck along with however deck building and tactics work in those things I can't figure it out.  I think it would be a lot of fun, but magic, yugioh, pokemon I've looked at, confuses the shit out of me.  Farthest I got was the pokemon pika/eevee starter box they sell cheap with a functional deck to play with someone else to get the basics.  That's about the depth I have gone without utter fail.   Probably better off hoping someone makes an intelligent AI ripoff of old pencil/paper AD&D and releasing it on IOS so I can get lost on that. 😛

Might I suggest Slay the Spire, the best deck building game of all time.  But you don't like roguelikes if I recall correctly.  Alas.

2 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

But what if they released a Yu-Gi-Oh every 3 years on Switch and they had a big new Metal Gear gaming coming out on PS5 this holiday season.  And a new Silent Hill next year?

Good for the fans of those series. I never really got into metal gear or silent hill

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Might I suggest Slay the Spire, the best deck building game of all time.  But you don't like roguelikes if I recall correctly.  Alas.

I don't hate them, I'm just picky I guess.

It's all so much a rogue in spirit, look up BloodBornes up on ios and android, it's free.  You chip chip chip away at going through a dungeon with turn based moves and see how far you can go until you eat it, and as you go you do unlock more temporary goodies on that bloodborne, but some stuff like more jobs, skills, contract perks carry over.

6 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

But A +B (or A + B + C) is still better than just plain ol' A, right?

Yea you’re right. I was just saying for me I don’t miss them because they’re still making the games I care about. But yea it’s be nice if they were making stuff for all their series to please all fans. 

• 2 weeks later...
Graphics Team · Posted

I actually appreciate things that "die" in their prime, so to speak. Classic Konami was a powerhouse, and they don't need to sustain and update old franchises for us to keep enjoying their 8-bit / 16-bit staples.

If anything, all I could ask of modern Konami would be to make their classic library as accessible as possible to the masses, much like Sega has done with their Genesis titles through Flashback consoles and anthologies on modern hardware.

Today's Konami brought us the TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine Mini, and that's a triumph in my book. Making classic games more widely available is a step in the right direction.

-CasualCart 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CasualCart said:

I actually appreciate things that "die" in their prime, so to speak. Classic Konami was a powerhouse, and they don't need to sustain and update old franchises for us to keep enjoying their 8-bit / 16-bit staples.

If anything, all I could ask of modern Konami would be to make their classic library as accessible as possible to the masses, much like Sega has done with their Genesis titles through Flashback consoles and anthologies on modern hardware.

Today's Konami brought us the TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine Mini, and that's a triumph in my book. Making classic games more widely available is a step in the right direction.

-CasualCart 

I agree. I'm still enjoying the old games, so I'm not too worried about what they are doing now.