IGNORED

FS/FO Analogue NT Mini Noir V2

JamesRobot

Events Team · Posted

I have for sale my Analogue NT Mini Noir V2.  Like new but opened.  I had it hooked up maybe a month.  Comes with everything including the 8Bitdo N30 2.4g wireless controller.

I think $750 shipped US is fair.  Outside US pays actual shipping and insurance.  Ships in the original Analogue box.  

BtvXywN.jpg

c1QaMDQ.jpg

JSJkpfL.jpg

znb8lDR.jpg

LxQsBez.jpg

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

• The title was changed to FS/FO Analogue NT Mini Noir V2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AVS is 720p vs the NT at 1080p, it has some extra features as well. I had the AVS and upgraded to the NT noir. Image is definitely nicer on a 55” 1080p screen. I got mine for retail though, not sure it’d be worth it, for me anyways, at the price point it’s currently fetching. 

The Analogue product is also much better built and has a nice weight to it since it’s metal. The AVS felt cheap to me 

edit: I’m an analogue fanboy - except for the Pocket because I’m not it’s target customer. 

@docile tapeworm

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Thanks 1

I would definitely rank the NT over the AVS, but if I already had an AVS, I probably wouldn't bother upgrading unless I got a crazy good deal on the NT.  I own the NT myself, but I was able to buy one when they originally offered for sale. 

On the flip side, you could offset the cost of the NT by selling your AVS, which I would think would be pretty easy to do.  I'm not sure what they sell for currently, but I would guess they sell for pretty close to original retail price since they aren't readily available new (I believe currently you can only preorder and wait).  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

AVS is 720p vs the NT at 1080p, it has some extra features as well. I had the AVS and upgraded to the NT noir. Image is definitely nicer on a 55” 1080p screen. I got mine for retail though, not sure it’d be worth it, for me anyways, at the price point it’s currently fetching. 

The Analogue product is also much better built and has a nice weight to it since it’s metal. The AVS felt cheap to me 

edit: I’m an analogue fanboy - except for the Pocket because I’m not it’s target customer. 

@docile tapeworm

You have to be more specific when you talk about resolution. The AVS has native scaling which is why it's 720 but the NT isn't upscaled natively so it's just displaying a 720 image in 1080 output which I would prefer to avoid. The picture out of an AVS is usperior to that of an NT.

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Just out of curiosity, does the NT have all the same built in options that AVS have? I know it doesn’t have a defunct high score system. 

Man, the scoreboard was super cool.  Really wish that was something we could migrate to VGS😕

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
4 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

What does the analog do? I mean, is it cool? I have an avs.

The big draw for me is that the NT has the capability to run a bunch of other system cores.  2600, Intellivision, GB, GBC, Genesis, and Master System.  Maybe a couple others.  Unfortunately, I don't really have the time or patience to put that all together.  I did the jailbreak and added all the NES/FC roms to it but then got a little overwhelmed when I was starting on Genny.  I reset it back to factory though.  

If nobody is all that interested, I may get back after it.  Not quite to that point yet though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Honestly for me it's not a lack of interest in the slightest, it's more the hurdle of the expense.  I'd gladly dump my top loader with the NES HDMI kit within it, if I could find a buyer to pay what it truly is worth without taking the double sting of ebay then the 1099 the following tax season.  I know the value still has a margin but it is one I could absorb fine.  I missed out on that due to financial hardship, now it's a hardship due to what the aftermarket has driven it up to since analogue sucks and won't make more (and now are killing the snes and genesis too shortly.)  $750 shipped, all things considered is definitely not unreasonable, especially since it's well machined new hardware vs me using a 1994~ toploader with original chips and a hdmi bypass kit using a very similar core within by the same designer.

All things considered I'd send the full top loader looking at ebay they sell around $600-800 range shipped, and something to make up the difference. 😉

Edited by Tanooki
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Just out of curiosity, does the NT have all the same built in options that AVS have? I know it doesn’t have a defunct high score system. 

I'm not sure but some of the nice features of the AVS are:

1. integrated Game Genie
  2. works with PowerPak
  3. works with Famicom and Famicom disk system
  4. powered by USB 5 volt

One feature of the NT which the AVS does not have:

1. the ability to pull the ROM from a cartridge (I use it to dump my prototypes)
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
47 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Honestly for me it's not a lack of interest in the slightest, it's more the hurdle of the expense.  I'd gladly dump my top loader with the NES HDMI kit within it, if I could find a buyer to pay what it truly is worth without taking the double sting of ebay then the 1099 the following tax season.  I know the value still has a margin but it is one I could absorb fine.  I missed out on that due to financial hardship, now it's a hardship due to what the aftermarket has driven it up to since analogue sucks and won't make more (and now are killing the snes and genesis too shortly.)  $750 shipped, all things considered is definitely not unreasonable, especially since it's well machined new hardware vs me using a 1994~ toploader with original chips and a hdmi bypass kit using a very similar core within by the same designer.

All things considered I'd send the full top loader looking at ebay they sell around $600-800 range shipped, and something to make up the difference. 😉

I hear you on the price.  I just happened to have too much extra cash on hand when they did the "one last run" bs.  I really like their products but can't justify the premium.  I'll hang on to my Super NT but  I'm pretty much steering clear of Analogue from here on out.  

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

I hear you on the price.  I just happened to have too much extra cash on hand when they did the "one last run" bs.  I really like their products but can't justify the premium.  I'll hang on to my Super NT but  I'm pretty much steering clear of Analogue from here on out.  

Same here.  I have the pocket coming whenever anytime I guess (group B) but I'm mad at them at this rate.  They go on a year now promising these extra adapters on the site for $30 a piece, and as soon as group B starts to head to the shipper they pull the rug out on every buyer, group it up and raise the price.  That's a shit stunt to pull, no excuses.

I wish I had a means to get rid of my top loader, I'd take your Noir off you no haggling at all.  I hated missing out on it.  That's why I had the top loader upgraded.

I bet this isn't the last we've seen of the SNES or Genesis, maybe even the NES too.  If you recall they started to push for Analogue OS about a year ago in press releases.  One of the big points on their site was trying to seemingly setup some controlled environment, like a store front, or some process to basically beckon existing third party developers into being interested in it.  They talked up how you could effectively sell old games or new copies of old games, control how the media works(like DRM) to avoid piracy, so they could potentially make a buck.  It wouldn't surprise me if going forward they did those systems, locked out jail breaking, and tried to get developers on board with some A grade material on a tier Evercade only wishes they'd have access to.  I could see that happen, piss off some people to add many more in their place.

4 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

The ability to dump roms would be a cool addition to the AVS

bunnyboy was supposed to have been working on that since before the last AVS firmware update came out (the lame one that only added a choice of non-standard color palettes), but word of it seems to have dried up since the pandemic hit and that last batch of AVS systems missed shipping (due to the manufacturing partners lying to him).

@mog, do you have any insight on this?  I could have sworn I heard that there was rough beta code created for this that actually accomplished dumping the ROMs, but that it needed to be optimized in order to fit into what little space was left in the FPGA/ROM space on the AVS.  I'd have tagged bunnyboy, but it appears that I either hallucinated him being on VGS at some point early on or he changed his name and/or had his account deleted.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, darkchylde28 said:

bunnyboy was supposed to have been working on that since before the last AVS firmware update came out (the lame one that only added a choice of non-standard color palettes), but word of it seems to have dried up since the pandemic hit and that last batch of AVS systems missed shipping (due to the manufacturing partners lying to him).

@mog, do you have any insight on this?  I could have sworn I heard that there was rough beta code created for this that actually accomplished dumping the ROMs, but that it needed to be optimized in order to fit into what little space was left in the FPGA/ROM space on the AVS.  I'd have tagged bunnyboy, but it appears that I either hallucinated him being on VGS at some point early on or he changed his name and/or had his account deleted.

You might be remembering a Discord conversation?

Just now, Gloves said:

You might be remembering a Discord conversation?

Maybe?  Still, I could have sworn that he showed up with an account on VGS proper sometime in the last year or so.  Now that you mention Discord, I do recall him showing up there, but want to say I recalled him making a comment here and there on the forum as well, maybe around the time that the big Karl Jobst video set everybody's keyboard on fire for a couple of weeks?

On 10/27/2022 at 7:18 PM, Code Monkey said:

You have to be more specific when you talk about resolution. The AVS has native scaling which is why it's 720 but the NT isn't upscaled natively so it's just displaying a 720 image in 1080 output which I would prefer to avoid. The picture out of an AVS is usperior to that of an NT.

That's good to know. I have my AVS hooked up to a 24" 720p TV that I got new for $99 and I think it gives a solid retro gaming experience with modern picture quality.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...