IGNORED

9/13/2022 Nintendo Direct (10:00AM (EST)/7:00AM (PST) VGS Live Discussion

RH

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Goldeneye is coming to Xbox game pass too so now I don’t need to upgrade my NSO membership. Excellent. 

I've not watched anything yet, but the Switch version looked like it was just their NSO N64 port system, is that the case? Or is Switch also getting a "recreated" version?

5 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I've not watched anything yet, but the Switch version looked like it was just their NSO N64 port system, is that the case? Or is Switch also getting a "recreated" version?

I don't recall they showed anything.  If they did, it was a quick flashes, and they didn't register in my brain.  Some of the NSO games seem to have sharper textures and resolution.  I imagine that's all it will be, but with online access.

You all are going to kill me, but this could get me into gaming nights with y'all.

23 minutes ago, Gloves said:

This is correct, there isn’t a switch version just another addition to the N64 virtual console games. They are adding features like online play and they’ll have to do something with the controls. Like @RH said more polygons like the other n64 games and online play

Administrator · Posted
49 minutes ago, RH said:

I don't recall they showed anything.  If they did, it was a quick flashes, and they didn't register in my brain.  Some of the NSO games seem to have sharper textures and resolution.  I imagine that's all it will be, but with online access.

You all are going to kill me, but this could get me into gaming nights with y'all.

Why would we wanna kill you? (Except in the game 🙂 )  I mean, We'd love to have you join us for some game nights.  And we can definitely include this in one of the options if the multiplayer works well enough.  

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

If there's 1 thing in a Direct that excites you, it's a good Direct. 2 things? Phenomenal Direct. A lot of people on reddit completely gear up for brand-new announcements of sequels for every game in existence as well as 9 new IPs, all immediately playable,  then complain when the Direct shows less than that.

Also part of every Direct is people who complain about those people, so I'm doing my part to complete the experience.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
Just now, Splain said:

If there's 1 thing in a Direct that excites you, it's a good Direct. 2 things? Phenomenal Direct. A lot of people on reddit completely gear up for brand-new announcements of sequels for every game in existence as well as 9 new IPs, all immediately playable,  then complain when the Direct shows less than that.

Also part of every Direct is people who complain about those people, so I'm doing my part to complete the experience.

How dare you demean my outrage at the lack of an Animal Crossing Saved By the Bells announcement!

• Haha 1

Not gonna lie, nothing excited me. I just can't get too excited for endless sequels anymore. Also what the hell is with King Dedede's redesign in Return to Dream Land Deluxe? He looks like the crappy N64 Dedede. Was that something they decided to do with Dedede lately? If that's just how he looks now, I don't like that decision at all.

Nintendo Directs are still entertaining to watch at least, even if they haven't resulted in much for me during the Switch's life cycle. I think I'm ready to just sell my switch since it's gotten very little use. I only have a few games for it, none of which I'd miss if I got rid of them. I'll probably do it some time this week.

If you all found a game you're pumped about, I'm glad you found one. 🙂

Just caught up on the announcements. What an awesome direct! This one was aimed at the JRPG/SRPG crowd and it was a good one. Looking forward to the following:

- new FE. I loved Three Houses so I’m hyped for this one.

- Fatal Frame. Can never say no to a fatal frame game. 

- Octopath Traveller 2. I did get a bit bored of the grinding in 1. But if they manage to intertwine the stories better I’m sold.

- Front Mission 3

- I have all the N64 games announced but I am intrigued about Goldeneye with online play.

- Pikmin 4! After Makar’s WW game I’ve been getting into Pikmin and absolutely love it.

- Radiant Silvergun on eshop. I’m not a download game type of guy but I might make an exception for this because I still don’t have it on the SS.

- Master Detectives Archives sounds interesting. Want to hear more on that.

- Kirby’s return to dreamland was a lot of fun, especially 4 player. I won’t mind revisiting this one.

- Tales of Symphonia remaster. I have this on GC but it’s cool they’re doing a remaster.

- And most importantly BotW2 aka Tears of the Kingdom announcement! Was hoping for a Christmas launch but that’s ok it will be worth the wait 🙂

Overall probably give it a 9/10. If only they had announced the Switch 2.  

I never go into Directs with expectations or excitement anymore. That said, the Direct was just okay. Pikmin 4 and Tears of the Kingdom announcements made me happy but no gameplay footage for Pikmin and barely any of Zelda. At this point we should've definitely been shown more of Zelda. Pretty much all we got was the title.

As usual there was so much filler in this Direct. Also I need to know how many farm sims do we really need? Aside from Pikmin and Zelda I'll probably get Kirby's Return to Dreamland despite owning it on Wii, and Octopath Traveler 2 despite never having finished the first game.

Overall, so much fluff, so much I didn't care about, so many anime games and rereleases of games I either own already or don't care about. Very predictable and mostly boring Direct. Another Fire Emblem? Yay.... How bout revisit all the old franchises you've forgotten Nintendo? Like F-Zero, Pilotwings, Wave Race, Punch-Out, etc. Even a new Donkey Kong game is overdue. Oh wait none of those are uninspired cash cows.

New Nintendo Directs bring out the cynic in me and really make me question whether I care about modern gaming anymore. There was a time I'd be super hyped and excited for every announcement but I really wonder if gaming has changed to a point where I no longer enjoy the majority of it or if I'm just not into gaming much anymore. At any rate at least I still have the old stuff I enjoy.

Overall 5/10 from me. I'm aware my opinions are probably more negative than most, and I'm very happy for people who loved it and have a lot to look forward to, but I'm just not one of those people.

I’ll have to watch the actual direct later but I am beyond excited for pikmin 4! I was beginning to think we would never see that. It’s been 9 years since pikmin 3 was released. I’m excited for a new fire emblem game too. I just hope they nix the whole dating sim element. That really killed three houses for me. 

• Like 1