IGNORED

9/13/2022 Nintendo Direct (10:00AM (EST)/7:00AM (PST) VGS Live Discussion

RH

Anyone speculating anything specific?

At this point, any time Nintendo has any showing, we are all expecting a "Switch 2".  I think company reports have shown assets on the books of stock piled chips, but is this where we see the reveal of the "Switch 2"?  Probably not, but I think the chip shortage just has me cynical.  Jaded cynicism aside, the Switch 2/Next Gen Nintendo Device is inevitable.  Is this the day a teaser drops?  I'd place a bet in the 25% range that it is.

I'm guessing we will get a little bit more with BotW2.  Maybe some legit game footage and an explanation of some new mechanic.  I also think they might also dig out an old franchise that's not been touched in a while, but nothing too complicated.  Something like a Wave Race for the Switch.  Basically, Nintendo has to keep us interested in the Switch so they are going to have something to surprise us but probably not graphically/technically superior.

I can also see a couple of "impossible ports" of PS4/Xbox games and, of course, a remastered/re-release of an old game or two.

Edited by RH

12 minutes ago, fox said:

NSO (ogre battle 64?)

Nah, we won't see anything regarding a Square Enix title on the NSO, but eh, we can dream.  You are right, though.  There should be a NSO drop.  I'd guess 2 games for the Virtual Consoles and maybe a reveal for a new NSO "Free" game coming in the new year or at the end of 2022.  I think Nintendo often sweetens the NSO deal around this time of year, so it'd make sense.

Edited by RH

HA, the art style kind of looks like BotW, while the menu system looks like XC2.  Ha ha, well, it's not a resurrected franchise but maybe they pieced this one together from used tech just to make a hot-title that will keep people on the Switch.

Not looking good for a Switch 2 reveal if that's true.

3 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Goldeneye with online play is sick. Gotta change the controls though

I had to pause it for a discussion with a team member.  Gah, I paused it right before then!  If this is GoldenEye on the N64 VS, then that's the winner winner, Chicken Dinner for me!

Events Team · Posted

I never thought I'd live to see the day of a Fatal Frame 4 remaster/port, I really thought that game had long been forgotten. I'm probably one of maybe a couple dozen people watching the Direct that was really excited by that announcement, haha, I'm a huge fan of the Fatal Frame series. I hope it makes its way to other consoles and PCs as well. So far that's actually been the announcement that excited me the most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I never thought I'd live to see the day of a Fatal Frame 4 remaster/port, I really thought that game had long been forgotten. I'm probably one of maybe a couple dozen people watching the Direct that was really excited by that announcement, haha, I'm a huge fan of the Fatal Frame series. I hope it makes its way to other consoles and PCs as well. So far that's actually been the announcement that excited me the most.

Tales of Symphonia too!

Letssss goooo!! Tears of the Kingdom baby!

I feel like it’s getting delayed but whatever it’s nice to have a title and a tentative date lol

Why do all the Japanese anime games look the same and all have the exact same gameplay lol

I guess you can say the same about the US with our infinite amount of 1st person shooters

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Agree 2