IGNORED

Official Detailed Nintendo Power Issue List

On 6/23/2020 at 8:54 AM, noiseredux said:

wow, this is a fantastic cover. Thank you. The only true alternate cover I could think of like that was the Mega Man 10 cover (#250). I had forgotten about #280. Would love to know if there were any others. Thanks again for posting this!

Every issue from 222-285 had a news stand and subscriber cover variant. A few had more then one, such as 262 (2), 268 (3), and 282 (2) as I remember. 

Edited by Rivin

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2021 at 6:12 PM, Rivin said:

This sticker  Is actually from the mailing of the 1st sample copy of nintendo power. The magazines that have sample copy instead of free poster inside in the Sun area of the cover, were sent out in paper envelopes with a letter and a subscription card and a little note. This subscription card had a sticker that you would peel off and put in a designated area in the shape of that sticker and then send it back the nintendo so that you would subscribe to nintendo power magazine. The paper envelope  with the sample copy the letter and the card were sent out to nintendo fan club members for free, in hopes that they would sign up for the new nintendo power magazine. I can post a picture of it, if you like.I am sorry for the late response, just went through this thread again after some months. If there is something I can help with in reference with my collection, I'd be happy to help.

Rivin

oSzKlAd.jpg

That makes sense now! Thank you for that info. Very cool!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2020 at 11:47 AM, twiztor said:

any info on that "Team Power Tips" poster (issue 10 mail away)? am interested in finding one but have literally never seen one. ideas?

Just now seeing your post, otherwise I would have replied sooner.

This was just an advertisement in the first two pages of the issue. It wasn't an actual insert or poster in the issue itself as far as I'm aware.

1.jpg

Edited by Mantis

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Just now seeing your post, otherwise I would have replied sooner.

This was just an advertisement in the first two pages of the issue. It wasn't an actual insert or poster in the issue itself as far as I'm aware.

1.jpg

I own one and can confirm it was never an NP Insert; it was a reward for subscribing to NP (much like Dragon Warrior was later on) and came with the first issue of my new subscription...

23 minutes ago, twiztor said:

If you're interested in selling, @Dr. Morbis, i'm your huckleberry.

If you're not, any chance you could take some pics? Is the poster double-sided? i've not found any info on the poster at all.

I have one that I found about 15 years ago.

I might be interested in selling it to someone for the right price lol

IMG_5362.JPG.cfe146cf4f0b0905b2b299c84a404749.JPGIMG_5363.thumb.JPG.f8ea8acfed5a091cffe4191e561f3913.JPGIMG_5364.JPG.02346af2f6bb08fcbce8796ad94d322c.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

If you're interested in selling, @Dr. Morbis, i'm your huckleberry.

If you're not, any chance you could take some pics? Is the poster double-sided? i've not found any info on the poster at all.

Trust me, you don't want mine; I got it when I was 11 years old and pinned it on the wall imediately and then taped it up when it started to fall apart, so it's in rough shape (but still on my game room wall to this day!).  As for pics, I was going to take some for you, but fortunately someone with a much better copy has already answered that call...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I forgot about that poster, but I did have the wings, two colors of them too.  I wish I still did, just never bothers to pull the trigger on someone else's pins online.

I still have the pins from our deal with the calendars too!
I just looked up the old NA transaction and it said + 6 pins (Nintendo Power/Starfox) lol

Do you remember what pins you had?
I have a bag full somewhere

13 minutes ago, Nintendopower4ever said:

I still have the pins from our deal with the calendars too!
I just looked up the old NA transaction and it said + 6 pins (Nintendo Power/Starfox) lol

Do you remember what pins you had?
I have a bag full somewhere

Oof yeah I do, there was the silver one and then one of the gold colored ones too, think gold may have had a bronze-ish variant I vaguely may recall so I can't be certain.  And yeah, that is you I guess, I forgot I bundled them, just that I did sell my pins off awhile back.  The issue is I just don't wear pins, but sometimes they're nice if you can balance them on a small shelf.  I have an old licensed red flying paratroopa around here, maybe a mario that is, or a sketchy copy, definitely leaning towards sketchy copy of ms pacman and a ghost monster.  I've kept those 4 together at least a decade now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 2:19 PM, acidjaguar said:

@Rivin - thank you for sharing the origin of that sticker.  I’m curious….Do you have a complete set with all cover variants and a newsstand set as well? I’ve tossed around doing newsstand variants as well but still can’t make the commitment 😂

Yes, I have the full set with all the cover variants. There are 370 in the full set of cover variants. It took me a while because I wanted every issue to be complete with all the inserts they originally came with, and be in at least very good condition with no markings.  Its a commitment,  and it will probably take a while, but it does feel  good to finish it. I'm working on a sealed collection now. So far I have 103 unique sealed nintendo power magazines.

• Wow! 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I am interested in the issue 251 lenticular cards. I've been doing some research into the different cards and have confirmed two more cards than I've seen here, for a total of 12: Polimar / Batsu as well as Yatterman-1 / Roll

Here are photos of all the different ones I've found online:lenticulars.thumb.jpg.fa7902bf56eb482927db67c831282464.jpg

Now comes the matter of "Were all of these cards able to be found in Nintendo Power 251. Below in bold are the ones I've seen photos of, still attached to the magazine. Can anyone confirm if all of the cards below were able to be found in Nintendo Power 251?

Casshan / Mega Man Volnutt
Doronjo / Morrigan
G. Lightan / PTX-40A
Ippatsuman / Zero

Joe the Condor / Viewtiful Joe
Jun the Swan / Chun Li
Karas / Soki
Ken the Eagle / Ryu - Verbal Confirmation
Polimar / Batsu
Tekkaman / Alex
Tekkaman Blade / Frank West
Yatterman-1 / Roll

Edited by RazorLeafAttack
Edited to reflect updated findings.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:00 PM, RazorLeafAttack said:

Hi all, I am interested in the issue 251 lenticular cards. I've been doing some research into the different cards and have confirmed two more cards than I've seen here, for a total of 12: Polimar / Batsu as well as Yatterman-1 / Roll

Here are photos of all the different ones I've found online:lenticulars.thumb.jpg.fa7902bf56eb482927db67c831282464.jpg

Now comes the matter of "Were all of these cards able to be found in Nintendo Power 251. Below in bold are the ones I've seen photos of, still attached to the magazine. Can anyone confirm if all of the cards below were able to be found in Nintendo Power 251?

Doronjo / Morrigan
G. Lightan / PTX-40A
Ippatsuman / Zero

Jun the Swan / Chun Li
Karas / Soki
Polimar / Batsu
Tekkaman / Alex
Yatterman-1 / Roll

Yes, the cards were randomly inserted into the magazines, so in theory, you could collect them all if you bought enough of them. I'm not sure if some are rarer then others. 

Edited by Rivin

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 7:00 PM, RazorLeafAttack said:

Doronjo / Morrigan
G. Lightan / PTX-40A
Ippatsuman / Zero

Jun the Swan / Chun Li
Karas / Soki
Polimar / Batsu
Tekkaman / Alex

Yatterman-1 / Roll

Edited my previously posted list of cards confirmed to be obtainable within Nintendo Power. Yatterman-1/Roll card found attached:

2586E349-B358-469B-B0C3-8B5E07F89F28.thumb.jpeg.3ec12cffc5c8c566cb4961da2445dc1e.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Boneheadimus said:

Does anyone know which issue the loose Backyard Football poster came with?  It came in a lot I purchased tucked into issue 162, but I'm not finding any info that confirms that's the right one for it.

Thanks for any help!

Looks like it was indeed a bonus item sealed inside the bag of volume 162 along with a Batman comic, as well as 2 promotional Pokémon e-Reader cards - Ho-Oh and Rapidash. Image source: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/nintendo-power-162-complete-ho-oh-1999647727

Image source: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/nintendo-power-162-complete-ho-oh-1999647727

Since we've kind of bled into Nintendo (8bit era) style trading cards that Nintendo seemed to be chill with, I was curious, does anyone here have any clue about what Zap Pax are with NES game cards?  Are those any good, fun to check out or just some two bit junk card put out of no actual value or good art?  I saw like 50 of them show up on facebook for like $20 and caught my eye as I either forgot about this or totally missed them in the day.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For issue 65, what is "Illusion of Gaia Cut-Out w/ coupon"? I can't find that in mine or any online (including the recently posted YouTube video. I also found an old post from NA by nintendopower_4_ever that said "Didn't see that Illusion of Gaia cut-out coupon Insert loose in the bag or tucked inside the mag ? ".  It may be that this is a duplicate of "Super Power Club Power Certificates"? One of them is a Gaia coupon. 

20 hours ago, 806 said:

For issue 65, what is "Illusion of Gaia Cut-Out w/ coupon"? I can't find that in mine or any online (including the recently posted YouTube video. I also found an old post from NA by nintendopower_4_ever that said "Didn't see that Illusion of Gaia cut-out coupon Insert loose in the bag or tucked inside the mag ? ".  It may be that this is a duplicate of "Super Power Club Power Certificates"? One of them is a Gaia coupon. 

I've got an intact volume 65.  IT has 2 coupons in the back page area for $10 Gaia and $3 off the SNES and GB Yogi Bear games.  Mid way you have the contest/poll pop out, then the poster, and in the front flap opposite the coupons for the rear is another pull out two order NP magazine, oddly mine has 2, not sure if that's normal.

Im not sure which thread it was but a few weeks ago I was going through my old Nintendo Powers and mentioned looking through the catalog and seeing cool stuff for sale in it that I didn’t know existed and wondered if anyone ever bought some of the cooler stuff. Such as the real 1080 snowboard. Well got an answer to that yesterday 

• Like 1