IGNORED

Official Detailed Nintendo Power Issue List

On 12/9/2020 at 2:37 PM, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

I have one with Ryu and Ken The Eagle.  Source: I had a subscription

On 12/9/2020 at 11:06 AM, Konmo23 said:

Hey guys! After looking for this same list that was on NA, I realized that website is gone now! After a little bit of searching I discovered this site and just joined it. There is so much good information here.

Glad to see some others taking interest!  Well the good news / bad news.....  I've been working on getting these card variants worked through .... I believe there is a total of 14 variants for the card.  Given that there are 28 characters in the game, they all have a character pairing:  one from Tatsunoko and one from Capcom.  

I have confirmed 10 so far and still need to see the last four to see if my theory proves true.  @MiamiSlice@doner24

Nintendo Power Issue 251 Lenticular Cards
Character Card Pair (Tatsunoko / Capcom) Confirmed
Casshern / Mega Man Volnutt y
Doronjo / Morrigan Aensland y
Gold Lightan / PTX-40A Ivan y
Kahushon Daimao / (?) n
Ippatsuman \ Zero y
Joe the Condor \ Viewtiful Joe y
Jun the Swan / Chun Li y
Karas \ Soki y
Ken the Eagle (Ken Washio) \ Ryu y
Polimar / (?) n
Tekkaman / Alex y
Tekkaman Blade / Frank West y
Yatterman-1 / (?) n
Yatterman-2 / (?) n

If anyone has any that aren't green, I'm a buyer!  😛

Edited by acidjaguar
  • Like 2

Just ran across this site while researching different things about Nintendo Power. Not counting all the variants, just issue numbers, I only have like 17 issues of Nintendo Power left to find, and the first 3 issues of Funclub News. Just to start off, I think the Funclub News issues should be included as they birthed NP...any thoughts? Also, I have the premier issue of NP in quite good shape except the 2 inserts and poster/map are not attached (but are included) and the poster/map and Players poll insert have some carefully placed tape on them...BUT I also have a really beat up premier copy with the poster/ map and 2 inserts missing and that one has a Mario sticker on the front that states “Insiders Calendar”. I notice that this item is included as a variant of issue #2, but I believe this shows it also came with some issues of volume #1. Just my 2-cents for now, curious to hear thoughts.

On 12/12/2020 at 9:43 PM, Jekleandhyde76 said:

Just ran across this site while researching different things about Nintendo Power. Not counting all the variants, just issue numbers, I only have like 17 issues of Nintendo Power left to find, and the first 3 issues of Funclub News. Just to start off, I think the Funclub News issues should be included as they birthed NP...any thoughts? Also, I have the premier issue of NP in quite good shape except the 2 inserts and poster/map are not attached (but are included) and the poster/map and Players poll insert have some carefully placed tape on them...BUT I also have a really beat up premier copy with the poster/ map and 2 inserts missing and that one has a Mario sticker on the front that states “Insiders Calendar”. I notice that this item is included as a variant of issue #2, but I believe this shows it also came with some issues of volume #1. Just my 2-cents for now, curious to hear thoughts.

Interesting.  I had always assumed it was with volume 2 and never had seen a sticker on volume 1 for the calender.  Can you post a pic of this? 

Also, updated my table above for Issue 251 .... Gold Lightan's counterpart is PTX-40A Ivan. 
- For what it's worth, I don't know if my table will hold up as being 100% true.  Can anyone send me a message with a formal list of characters from the game?  (Tatsunoko vs Capcom)

On 6/23/2020 at 7:34 AM, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

This came with my issue of 255, I had tucked it in there and found it recently

On 6/24/2020 at 10:23 AM, doner24 said:

That’s the one and features this on the other side 

On 9/27/2020 at 5:20 PM, Rivin said:

the poster you were asking about with samus is was included with issue 258 

On 1/30/2020 at 4:24 PM, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

I recently rediscovered my NP magazines, and I found two posters loose. One of them I identified as the mario poster from issue 260 with the help of this list, but I can't figure out the other one for sure. It's a metroid poster with a 2010 copyright, so I'm guessing it came from issue 255 with the other m cover, but there's no posters listed for that issue. Does anyone know? 

Here's the smoking gun image we can reference now ... sealed issue of 258 shows sticker for Other M poster (Rivin wins!) 

NP 258 Sealed with Other M Poster Sticker.JPG

Edited by acidjaguar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, acidjaguar said:

Interesting.  I had always assumed it was with volume 2 and never had seen a sticker on volume 1 for the calender.  Can you post a pic of this? 

Also, updated my table above for Issue 251 .... Gold Lightan's counterpart is PTX-40A Ivan. 
- For what it's worth, I don't know if my table will hold up as being 100% true.  Can anyone send me a message with a formal list of characters from the game?  (Tatsunoko vs Capcom)

Yeah here is a pic of the cover below. I am guessing maybe they included it with late-run premier issues AND issue #2. Also, any thoughts on including the 7 issues of Fun Club News that pre-dated the debut of Nintendo Power? They really were the beginning of the magazine.  

71807607-6518-4AF8-AEBF-327B4726DE3F.jpeg

On 12/19/2020 at 3:10 AM, Jekleandhyde76 said:

Yeah here is a pic of the cover below. I am guessing maybe they included it with late-run premier issues AND issue #2. Also, any thoughts on including the 7 issues of Fun Club News that pre-dated the debut of Nintendo Power? They really were the beginning of the magazine.  

Very interesting picture for sure!  I'd say your right as it probably was very near the end of issue one / beginning of issue 2 for that to happen. 

I am hesitant on getting the Fun Club News issues in here as they were Newsletters and I still need to get a formal newsletter list going.  Which probably I should just do now I suppose.  Be on the lookout!

Moderator · Posted
On 12/19/2020 at 4:10 AM, Jekleandhyde76 said:

That looks like someone placed it on there, versus it coming to someone like that.

On 12/20/2020 at 12:28 PM, acidjaguar said:

Very interesting picture for sure!  I'd say your right as it probably was very near the end of issue one / beginning of issue 2 for that to happen. 

I am hesitant on getting the Fun Club News issues in here as they were Newsletters and I still need to get a formal newsletter list going.  Which probably I should just do now I suppose.  Be on the lookout!

Makes sense, though the first 3 were in a newsletter format, but the last 4 went to a thin magazine format before the fuller Nintendo Power format. But no worries, was just a thought. 😁

On 12/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, doner24 said:

That looks like someone placed it on there, versus it coming to someone like that.

Someone being Nintendo lol. Not sure where somebody would get a period-correct Mario sticker that states “Insiders Calendar” to then stick onto a premiere issue just before an insiders calendar was included, and decide to call it a day. 😂 

Moderator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Jekleandhyde76 said:

Someone being Nintendo lol. Not sure where somebody would get a period-correct Mario sticker that states “Insiders Calendar” to then stick onto a premiere issue just before an insiders calendar was included, and decide to call it a day. 😂 

The top right side looks like it was peeled up from something before, and reapplied. 

4 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

Does anyone have a list of the official Nintendo Power Strategy Guides? I want to go back to collecting the GameCube era ones. 

4 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

Does anyone have a list of the official Nintendo Power Strategy Guides? I want to go back to collecting the GameCube era ones. 

1 hour ago, doner24 said:

@acidjaguar I know he has them up to N64, not sure if he went into GC.

I never got around to a formal list but If you go to my WTB thread I’ve got a pretty big list of the official Nintendo guides covering most all the systems. You can see a decent list there GC.  Probably a few more like Pokemon XD,  Super Mario Sunshine, etc.  I’ll see if I can’t get a full official list going here next week. 

• Like 2

Speaking of NP guides, I have this Nintendo Power miniguide from Best Buy for Ocarina of Time.  Was this a series of mini guides that NP and Best Buy partnered for?  Or a one off?  I've had this forever and never thought to look for similar guides. 

@acidjaguar @Jmbarnes101

20201226_204224.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond

1 hour ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Speaking of NP guides, I have this Nintendo Power miniguide from Best Buy for Ocarina of Time.  Was this a series of mini guides that NP and Best Buy partnered for?  Or a one off?  I've had this forever and never thought to look for similar guides. 

@acidjaguar @Jmbarnes101

20201226_204224.jpg

Some of the old retail stores would team up with Nintendo or other publishers and release these mini style guides.  I have this one as well and have seen similar ones for Final Fantasy 7, Ogre Battle 64, Quest 64, Turok .... but not as in depth. 

• Thanks 1

Ok now I have got to ask, what about so called official guides, yet not made by Nintendo yet, supposedly still 1005 licensed and sanctioned stuff?  Where would this fall into?  Back in the day you had Prima, Brady, and a few others and quite often many(most?) of them had to write they were 'unofficial' guides, and then they'd have an even longer page of copyright/tm stuff on there since you could do derivative works.

Today when I was out, popped into a store and having thought because I had the Nintendo official guide to a game, that was it, but bam, right there on the shelf I found from BradyGames the Pokemon Crystal Version Official Pocket Guide.  It's probably 1/3 of the size (of a standard guide as far length and width goes, but depth is just as normally thick) a standard sized guide.  I thumbed it a bit, it has both Johto and Kanto in there, lots of information, covered everything in detail and it covers specifically gold and silver on top of Crystal too.  It just seems to only lack being in color and the full on maps screen captured of the routes, caves, etc having more text instead.

On 12/26/2020 at 11:56 AM, Jmbarnes101 said:

They're all accounted for in the guide I made here, including variants like the Player's Choice editions, and others that weren't under the Player's Guide brand like the Super Game Boy and Game Boy Camera guides, and two editions of the Pups book for Nintendogs.  Keep in mind any item that was only included with something else, like the EarthBound guide, only gets mentioned in the description of the product it came with.  Also, some early books like the NES Player's Guide look to be Nintendo-published at first glance, but were actually published by Tokuma Shoten, and aren't included.  I could also post a list here if you'd prefer that.

17 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

@acidjaguar @Jmbarnes101

That one's new to me, I'm going to try to look into what that was about!  I might be adding it to the doc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2020 at 7:45 PM, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

that's super cool! i never knew this existed and now i want one

edit: i vote yes on including the Fun Clubs. i don't know of any variants and they don't have posters so there's not much work involved.

Edited by twiztor

On 12/26/2020 at 11:56 AM, Jmbarnes101 said:

This guy has a great list that I bookmarked, I'm not sure who he is or if he's on here

Edit: If you sort by UPC they are in chronological order

Edited by mideast
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2021 at 2:02 PM, twiztor said:

that's super cool! i never knew this existed and now i want one

edit: i vote yes on including the Fun Clubs. i don't know of any variants and they don't have posters so there's not much work involved.

Plus there are only 7 of them. I own the last 4 which are technically still a newsletter but had moved into a thin magazine format as a precursor to Nintendo Power’s debut. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very grateful that you published this list on the forum. I tried to find it online again, however, nowadays, I cannot find that list anymore. I heard Nintendo took it down, which would not be surprising at all, but still very frustrating. However, in volume 270, you forgot to put that Star Fox 64 3D came with a bonus Pokémon DVD. Just to let you know.

Edited by Alex Nguyen
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2020 at 5:10 AM, Jekleandhyde76 said:

This sticker  Is actually from the mailing of the 1st sample copy of nintendo power. The magazines that have sample copy instead of free poster inside in the Sun area of the cover, were sent out in paper envelopes with a letter and a subscription card and a little note. This subscription card had a sticker that you would peel off and put in a designated area in the shape of that sticker and then send it back the nintendo so that you would subscribe to nintendo power magazine. The paper envelope  with the sample copy the letter and the card were sent out to nintendo fan club members for free, in hopes that they would sign up for the new nintendo power magazine. I can post a picture of it, if you like.I am sorry for the late response, just went through this thread again after some months. If there is something I can help with in reference with my collection, I'd be happy to help.

Rivin

oSzKlAd.jpg

Edited by Rivin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1