IGNORED

Crt loser

4 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

IIRC the special thing about jail issue CRTs is that the casing is transparent so that nothing can be hidden in them. I couldn't tell you where I learned that from

Yeah, that's what's primarily special about them, beyond the cost being higher for such items due to lower production numbers for their specialized, "captive" audience.  Depending on when you learned that factoid, it might have come via TechMoan on YouTube, as he did a video about a bunch of that sort of stuff a couple of years ago, including CRT tvs, cassette players, radios, etc.

Really, I thought the clear electronics thing was just a trend. We had clear handset phones too. Seems to go along with teenybopper girls with side ponytails in scrunchies and big crewneck sweatshirts more than wannabe prisoners slacking their pants, lol. Remember "Inside your PC" from Windows 98+?

4AE63C0D-924B-4C31-9884-26A1B8FE6BAB.jpeg

C871AF6E-E948-42F3-9600-BF3593A40459.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, drxandy said:

Reddit is a white dog poop hot over those green jail TV's because they match the jungle green n64.

Did it sell for $95? Can’t say but when I talked to the lady I got a vibe she wouldnt come down much. She showed me pictures of eBay listings for $120+
Like you said people get a rod for these and the theme crt’s. 
wouldt surprise me if it sold for $75+ Rf only lol not hating on Rf but that’s pricey for that quality signal. But can’t argue with matching the n64. Would look cool if nothing else. But then again n64 sucks anyway so who really cares about that?

6D49746B-610C-4F56-AC6D-0A5BE560A48F.jpeg

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Tulpa said:

"Jail issue."

Means it'll stand up to a beating.

Get it so when you freak out next time Gloves creams you at a shooter contest, you'll still have a TV. 😛

So it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'? 😄 

And I have gone on record as saying appliances and electronics are like people, it's what's inside that counts...well with this kind of TV you can indeed see for yourself what's inside! 😄 

16 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I had both of these. I was as obsessed with clear electronics then as I am now. 

I always liked them too, but I didn't have any when they were contemporary. I do have this now. "What's in TV tonight?"

FB0E7355-BDC2-49B4-B9E2-A75FDBD1047E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

On 4/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, Tanooki said:

There's a doofus who has been trying to sell a smaller end CRT+movie combo for $100 or more for awhile now locally, she clearly has a valuable treasure that no one can possibly grasp the meaning of at this rate.

You mean this Doofus? 😄

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Its a cool looking crt I would like to own it. It sure stands out, love the green. 95 bucks is a bit much but I dont know how rare they are out in the wild. I also have a slight want for some of those jail issue handhelds. If anyone can hook me up with a convict I will supply plenty noodles and soda money if he comes out with these things hehhe

• Haha 1