IGNORED

Follow along on Nintendo DS NA full set quest. New count Title 819 of 1768 43% Done

JVOSS

Not bad, but you know you should try and get the EURO version of the Pokemon Keyboard game.  The entire thing is just solely in english.  I used to own it, they had been quietly selling for real cheap just before the pandemic on amazon of all places (US broker too) probably long gone by now since everyone is out for a buck or hundred.

New arrivals today. 

Thanks @Tanookifor Fire Emblem, Kirby Canvas curse, Kirby squeak squad and the Book for Fire Emblem. 

the Pet Adoption Center is a Store Exclusive.  Not sure how many are like this. ie Toys R US/Wal Mart/Target/Best Buy games.

20220310_154819.jpg.9f8c3c04a328cce8cf58d2d3c7a328cb.jpg

Also picked up this Mech / box set.

20220310_154826.jpg.574693765828f31bfbca269feedc9d5c.jpg

new total is 726 only 1033 to go. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Follow along on Nintendo DS NA full set quest. New count 726 out of 1759
  • The title was changed to Follow along on Nintendo DS NA full set quest. New count 748 out of 1759
8 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

@JVOSS Great progress! Not sure what list your using but the DS has 1739 unique releases (1740 if you included the DS browser or 1741 if you include the Myst variant) 

humm the only list i have is gametdb.com so far this has been, i guess, the better one. Would you share your list with me? @Mr. CIB

Edited by JVOSS
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, JVOSS said:

New Games for the NANDS Set.  What a good week at GW/EB.  some great deals and one just damn lucky to find a CIB for less then a new car...

20220318_170403.thumb.jpg.90b9c177c002f3c6f527491b82c14513.jpg

and then this stepchild of the NDS console. And then remembering why i did not pick it up when they were out. 

20220318_171029.jpg.a7cddb62aae2ac94c2b4b73122a68626.jpg

Nice pickup! Rocket slime is a really solid game. And izuna 2 is a nice find

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JVOSS said:

Myst is a new variant that i have not listed yet.  thanks for that @Mr. CIBHow ever there are 13 19 other V1 carts.

you can follow here

So question is…… the 6 with name changes on your list do you consider them separate releases? 

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

Me?! What did I do? I just asked because I’m trying to collect a copy of every physical release of Myst and it’s sequels!

Lol NOT a thing wrong.  it was a poor attempt to be funny. I had a change to get the Myst v1 for a lower price and sat on it.  it was bought a few min after MR. CIB posted so i was laughing at myself for not getting it and thinking that @RHgo one hell of a deal because i sat on my butt. that is all i was conveying in my posting.  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

So question is…… the 6 with name changes on your list do you consider them separate releases? 

@Mr. CIBthe simple answer is yes.  but ill explain more.

I count all "-" variants as a new/separate release. I don't go by the name just the catalog code. if that makes since? this is possibly why our count is different. 

The 6 you asked about all fit in to that section. as each version has a -1 in the catalog code.

other that count due to Catalog change is Beyblade: Metal Fusion/Beyblade: Metal Masters/Toy Story/The Princess and the Frog/Bolt/ they all have different catalog codes

The "I don't know" section

Of course Deal or No Deal with 3 version with name additions but they did not change the catalog id of the game, no -1/-2 variants and the roms are different for each "game title". so do they count as a separate line item?. (for now they do in my list)

Additionally Diamond Trust of London is one as well.  as a kick starter game but with a twist, the Numbered and standard was only sold at kick start and they are officially licensed by Nintendo just not sold through the retail chains (from what i read).

The "Subset" section

Subset are not included like box/sleeve/limited/first print/NFR/Kiosk/collectors/limited/Merch as they have no change in the catalog id just what is added or removed from packaging.  example the 999's or the Chrono Trigger.

Edited by JVOSS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JVOSS said:

@Mr. CIBthe simple answer is yes.  but ill explain more.

I count all "-" variants as a new/separate release. I don't go by the name just the catalog code. if that makes since? this is possibly why our count is different. 

The 6 you asked about all fit in to that section. as each version has a -1 in the catalog code.

other that count due to Catalog change is Beyblade: Metal Fusion/Beyblade: Metal Masters/Toy Story/The Princess and the Frog/Bolt/ they all have different catalog codes

The "I don't know" section

Of course Deal or No Deal with 3 version with name additions but they did not change the catalog id of the game, no -1/-2 variants and the roms are different for each "game title". so do they count as a separate line item?. (for now they do in my list)

Additionally Diamond Trust of London is one as well.  as a kick starter game but with a twist, the Numbered and standard was only sold at kick start and they are officially licensed by Nintendo just not sold through the retail chains (from what i read).

The "Subset" section

Subset are not included like box/sleeve/limited/first print/NFR/Kiosk/collectors/limited/Merch as they have no change in the catalog id just what is added or removed from packaging.  example the 999's or the Chrono Trigger.

Got it..... makes sense. Want to clarify one thing

For example when you say "Bolt" is a cart change are you referring to the standard release vs the Bolt Be-Awesome Edition or something else? or Toy Story 3 standard vs Toy Story 3 Rescue Edition. 

I think Diamond Trust of London counts because my metric is did Nintendo produce the cart. Now some will exclude it like they do Limited Run Games releases for switch. 

I don't think the Rom changes should count only like you mentioned with Deal or No Deal or Bomberman Land Touch 2 for example.  I always use what was established for NES games. To have a fullset it's one of each game with a different title or code in this case. If we counted -1 or -2 in NES might be over 1200 games for a full set in NES so I keep the same baseline across all consoles. Just my preference. 

@JVOSS for the Beyblade: Metal Fusion & Beyblade: Metal Masters I think you are dealing with a situation where there was different cart codes to track not only the game but the exclusive Beyblade toy that came included with different retailers. I have not done a ton or research because I could determine if there was any cart difference.

For Example with Beyblade: Metal Masters you would need 4 copies. 

NTR-BRZZ-USA - Green cart

NTR-BRZW-USA - Red Cart

NTR-BRZE-USA - Yellow Cart

NTR-BRZX-USA - Blue Cart

Beyblade: Metal Fusion you would need

NTR-BBUE-USA - appears to be standard no blade included

NTR-BBUX-USA - Appears to be Toys R US (cover change) There is also a blue logo toys r us and white logo

NTR-BBUY-USA - appears to be standard with blade included (cover change)

NTR-BBUZ-USA - appears to be Walmart (cover change)

57 minutes ago, Mr. CIB said:

@JVOSS for the Beyblade: Metal Fusion & Beyblade: Metal Masters I think you are dealing with a situation where there was different cart codes to track not only the game but the exclusive Beyblade toy that came included with different retailers. I have not done a ton or research because I could determine if there was any cart difference.

Correct.  the Metal Fusion had 3 exclusive and 1 base (ie no beyblade)  the Metal Masters had 4 exclusive and 1 base(ie no beyblade)

so a total of nine for just those 2 titles alone.  as for rom differentce there is none that i could find.  in the rom sets they are all the same. 

Another crazy cart that is a USA code is the Emma/Martine brand. they have the same code but different titles.  so this also goes in the "i don't know" slot.