IGNORED

Follow along on Nintendo DS NA full set quest. New count Title 819 of 1768 43% Done

JVOSS

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Are you like actively buying DS games off people around here or just using ebay and stuff?

So far been using Good well for the first 700  just started doing ebay buying only for the more rare stuff.  but with 1000 more to go the picking has been slim at GW  so will start branching out.  been very successful at GW was about to get all the Pokemon and a few rear stuff cheaper then ebay and mercari. 

Edited by JVOSS

• The title was changed to Follow along on Nintendo DS NA full set quest.

If you could use them I have 3 I'm offloading, excellent shape all complete.  Kirby Canvas Curse and Squeak Squad, also Fire Emblem (which has the matching guide from prima.)  If you're in the US and don't have any of them I could help you help me help you add something and get it off my shelf.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

If you could use them I have 3 I'm offloading, excellent shape all complete.  Kirby Canvas Curse and Squeak Squad, also Fire Emblem (which has the matching guide from prima.)  If you're in the US and don't have any of them I could help you help me help you add something and get it off my shelf.

DM photo.  and price.

1 hour ago, Makar said:

I look forward to following this!!! Let me know if you need help tracking any down. I may have doubles of some stuff. Definitely have loose carts of quite a few games. 

@Makar,thanks ill differently take you up on this as the first 700 was easy and did not have to do one of order.  but now the uncommon and rare are no just eating me up on the shipping cost.  I'm always in for a good deal on a bundle.....

The loose carts are looking to be a better option due to space..  how ever i can pass on a good cib or a Merchandise combo. 

5 minutes ago, RH said:

Nice purchase! I have to say, Moon is actually a really good FPS for what it is. The enemies get a bit repetitive but I wish someone had made a sequel for the Switch.

@rh  i was hoping to play the Moon but it's sealed.  😒  so now i have to find a rom or a cheep loose cart.

23 hours ago, JVOSS said:

@Makar,thanks ill differently take you up on this as the first 700 was easy and did not have to do one of order.  but now the uncommon and rare are no just eating me up on the shipping cost.  I'm always in for a good deal on a bundle.....

The loose carts are looking to be a better option due to space..  how ever i can pass on a good cib or a Merchandise combo. 

Yea my collection is a mix. I do CIB when I can but sometimes cart only is so cheap I can’t pass it up. Too bad GameStop doesn’t sell ds games anymore. That’s how I got most of mine for a decent price 

30 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

new to the set.  Chrono Trigger.  the second copy came in and i'm confused...  which one was first?  is the poster something special? or just a added item?

20220307_142038.jpg.408ded6756cf97fe543c93cd8785e4a1.jpg

pretty sure the poster came with the game. I know my copy has it. It’s really crazy that this version of chrono trigger was a $20 game like 7 years ago

Edited by Makar

18 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Yep can confirm that this poster came standard with the game. It's a pretty cool looking poster too. My guess is the seller of the second one kept the poster.

now i totally confused the first run's have a poster to is it different then this one?

this one is from ebay..

s-l1600.jpg.81049e5a80d618a088359192423f1297.jpg

@JVOSS Chrono Trigger has one packaging in general.  Just the first run had the added poster slipped into the otherwise same case with the difference being you'd have the sticker on the seal you showed there.  It's basically in the end for collectors one you can franken into a first run when it's not, so the honesty of the value would be sickeningly one where you keep it wrapped.

One of the rare few games on DS I'd put some money on still too, only because I'd rather do it on there than SNES due to the handy perks of screen #2.

• Like 1

I don’t think I bought my copy of Chrono DS near launch and I don’t recall seeing that sticker but I know when I opened mine it had that poster. I might have even bought it from Square-Enix directly. Funny, they had a big game blow out. I got 5 copies of DQ4, 5 copies of DQ5 and a lot of other DS games then. I mention it because Chrono was still in the list but was quickly sold out. Anyway, every game was $10 and I spent a total of about $200 plus tax and shipping.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RH said:

I don’t think I bought my copy of Chrono DS near launch and I don’t recall seeing that sticker but I know when I opened mine it had that poster. I might have even bought it from Square-Enix directly. Funny, they had a big game blow out. I got 5 copies of DQ4, 5 copies of DQ5 and a lot of other DS games then. I mention it because Chrono was still in the list but was quickly sold out. Anyway, every game was $10 and I spent a total of about $200 plus tax and shipping.

so that means your going to sale me DQ4 and DQ5 for 20 each..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

so that means your going to sale me DQ4 and DQ5 for 20 each..

The last of them were sold off over a year ago, early covid.  I would have given you a deal if I had a couple of them left, though.  Not that good of a deal, but a deal nonetheless. 😄

Well I don't know about always being late.

I like my new policy, things are far better.  Almost always buy local.  You can walk in, look, check if the price is laughable or not, then react accordingly. 🙂

You end up buying far less, paying far less, win win.  (And a bonus of less clutter/backlog.)

14 minutes ago, RH said:

To be fair, regardless of how we've all been collecting, I think we all feel that way.  I felt like I got in "late" back in 2016.  Now I'm just glad I got in when I did and was able to complete my GB set.

yep but it getting harder to get rid of all the extras everyone wants to buy but not trade.  i crazy been trying to trade that SML1 HKG, CHN Zelda, and a toxie but everyone is asking to sale only not trade.

merchandise box sets.  can't pass a box set deal..

Star Wars III Clone War Lego Darth Vader

darthvader.jpg.8a69f4224d98f9a6f73be072b1c1e43c.jpg 

Star Wars III Clone War Lego Yoda

yoda.jpg.e2c5d15365899f5c09f4340cd896b15a.jpg           

Pokemon Keyboard picked up a few years ago.

20220308_121831.jpg.aef34fd76dc99f3a79ab0ca592797076.jpg

Guitar Hero / Harry Potter  / Lalaloopsy / Master of Illusion box sets..

20220308_121805.thumb.jpg.0819cfad000109f0aabd5ae4a8e2bfc8.jpg

Bakugan Defenders of the Core. this is just one of many in the set. 

Defenders.thumb.jpg.2b8b9d05ed47cfebc1acb476fee3965c.jpg

Deal or No Deal Special Edition with Travel Case.

20220308_121813.jpg

Edited by JVOSS