IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Zombie Nation

BeaIank

33 minutes ago, Tablew/chairs said:

I think between the level 4 boss and the final boss it’s about 45k, it seems like the level 2 boss and the final boss you don’t score as many points for as the others

Ive been doing tests and it never seems that much.  Usually like 11k after beating the level 4 boss and beating Darc Seed.  

For the fuck of it I put on a game genie code that prevented me from dying.  I just went HAM on everything I could, flying thru lasers, destroying every little piece of stuff I could to get points (except from one area that prevented me on hard but you can do it on easy.  In level 4, that area with the 3 purple balls where the ground shoots bullets at you, you can actually get under there.  There are shootable rocks under it.  The points that I missed would have probably added up to 2000 away, maybe 3k.

After beating the level 4 snake boss, I got 489500 and after beating Darc Seed, the games final boss, 504,200.  Which is a 14,700 difference.  Even with the ability to not die, I still have no idea how bert got that score haha.

BTW if anyone wants to do some research, try this GG code: AVXTEISZ

Edited by guitarzombie

2 minutes ago, Tablew/chairs said:

@guitarzombie

idk when I was figuring out how to play bosses earlier this week I was using my continues so I’d start with 0 points on the level 4 boss and come out with like 30 some thousand 

I noticed those shootable blocks on the ground but I never tried to fly down there 

I was doing that too earlier as well, and I only saw that 10-15k difference. 

I just noticed what I meant to say was beating the 4th level boss, not the final I got 489 with the GG code, 504k after defeating the final boss, Darc Seed.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well you need to beat him and hope @Richardhead does too, because I have no idea what I'm missing.

i tried a run atbthe hotel w/avs.....not iptimal but no excuses im still gonna win.

58 minutes ago, Tablew/chairs said:

And here I am trying to beat him to help you out pssh 

chairy dont fool me you wanna win 💪🏻

Havent been able to get back on the NES and I dont see my score doubling, and then some, tomorrow. Wifes birthday tonight. Went out t9 a pumpkin patch a long ways away in a town with a gameshop I dont get to often. The rush n attack box is pretty worn, but the hangtab is somehow in tact. 3 and 5 bucks for the boxes and fifty for Rob. Not pictured is a pinbot cart I picked up. 

20201017_181533.jpg

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 2

well i had a pretty good run going 450 and i died at the four snakes boss.

idk if that would have hit 500 or not.

well @guitarzombie this one stings. not gonna lie. you said britt sucks and gave me a black eye trying to defend her honor. might even retire the worm.

gonna be tough to play agin after this one. just dont have time like i use to. i will try to play when i can. ill play hard in the tourny if i make it in. but got a new house that needs tending to. a lil one growing up fast and momma needs me too. then work....

i apretiate it all though. @guillavoie your the man you know i love you. @BeaIank thanks for runnin it the past few years and the love you showed my daughter 💪🏻

nothing set in stone but looks like ill be a limited participant from now on.

thanks to everyone here. you know the worm loves you all.

never could get a championship. some guys get all the luck 😁

• Like 4

I was just confused by all this 500k talk cuz I had never seen anyone get close to it.  Even with a game genie code of not being able to die I could only get 504k haha.  So don't feel so bad @docile tapeworm.  Even I was surprised by my 485k score when I got it.  With that said Id love to see berts run!

Edited by guitarzombie
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I was just confused by all this 500k talk cuz I had never seen anyone get close to it.  Even with a game genie code of not being able to die I could only get 504k haha.  So don't feel so bad @docile tapeworm.  Even I was surprised by my 485k score when I got it.  With that said Id love to see berts run!

I also can’t seem to get that 500k and  I’d also like to see berts run.😁

18 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Here's the 521k score. It's on easy though

You have so much more control on Easy that im not sure that would be entirely do-able on Hard.  Most of it seems to be the way he's moving the head to destroy buildings as quick as possible.

EDIT: Plus you can tank so much more damage and the enemies are weaker.  You can run into enemies with the head and kill them and get points for it, but of course you take damage.  So when draining for points, its essential because you can't shoot everything.

Edited by guitarzombie

3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

You have so much more control on Easy that im not sure that would be entirely do-able on Hard.  Most of it seems to be the way he's moving the head to destroy buildings as quick as possible.

EDIT: Plus you can tank so much more damage and the enemies are weaker.  You can run into enemies with the head and kill them and get points for it, but of course you take damage.  So when draining for points, its essential because you can't shoot everything.

This is a run i screwed up earlier this morning i had 383 the guy in the video has 384 so i don't think easy controls allow you to gain much more points(this is before the level three boss with the point raking spot that doug brought up this morning).  I've had a 500k score since friday if you know the game it's not that difficult to do basically I use the head as a battering ram in a few sections. 

IMG_6146.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tablew/chairs said:

This is a run i screwed up earlier this morning i had 383 the guy in the video has 384 so i don't think easy controls allow you to gain much more points(this is before the level three boss with the point raking spot that doug brought up this morning).  I've had a 500k score since friday if you know the game it's not that difficult to do basically I use the head as a battering ram in a few sections. 

IMG_6146.jpg

Good job on the 500k score. I couldn't even hit 480k.