IGNORED

Anyone Notice Sellers Here Are Flakey?

22 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Messed Up Mario.jpg

This is what I picture Mario looking like after I use all 80 my extra lives I gained throughout the game on level 8

Relevant to this thread though the FS section has been a bit empty but with the DNS issues and people not being able to get to the site it makes sense. Although it’s been pretty quiet for a awhile now besides the regulars bumping their threads. 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Is this your definition of flaking?

1. Do they reply at all or do they disappear into the abyss? 

2. Do you follow up with them at all?

3. Did you come to an agreement on price with the seller and they just never gave you details for payment?

4. Are you offering 50% of an asking price?

There's so many different things that could happen in a transaction. You can describe situations without giving names, but so far this one sentence I've quoted you on is all that you have given. Pretty weak complaint so far.

Fuck off clown.

• Wow! 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, GPX said:

I think you’re missing some of the friendly banter going on. You made a thread with a new account and not really explaining what you mean by “flakey” so it’s only fair for people to question your angle/motive.

Some of the responses have pretty much nailed it though. That is, it’s not so much VGS that contains flakiness as compared with NA, but it’s more that the current market is rising but also too damn unstable. With the market the way it is, there is bound to be more greed, arguments and disagreements on the prices/offers. I’m pretty sure you could say the same about Facebook groups and other relevant forums - there is a general rise in price, and with that, a rise in flakiness.

Not a new account. In fact there are people in this thread who I've purchased from before. What's funny is the defensiveness of most of you.

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Unfortunately, this straight up happens.  But I've had nothing but great experiences with the regulars.  

The following reply is from a recent inquiry about 4 or 5 different games from the same seller.  One was on hold for someone offline.  Radio silence ever since.

aVLDL4a.jpg

Thank you. Everyone selectively ignored my calling out that the non-flakes have been above and beyond.

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, OptOut said:

I've had a ton of great transactions with folks here and on NA back in the day! I haven't noticed any significant issues, apart from one guy who said he wanted some N64 games from me and then totally ghosted. But he wasn't a regular so eh? What are you gonna do?

My only MAIN problem is people NOT BUYING MY CHEAP GAMESZZZ FOR L@@K!!!! LOW LOW PRICES!!11!!!!11 L@@K!!!!

kimonooptout.png.90cd0e512721117592b9a15117fd7aa2.png

Come on down fellas, the water's warm and the getting is GUD!!! Every N64 cart officially blessed by ME, @OptOut!!! 😘

This was what I was hoping to hear more of. And not defensive weirdos taking things personally. To your example, that's happened to me before except I was trying to buy and the seller disappeared into the ether.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Yep.  Either here or on NA, I've never once run into anyone who didn't take me up on my offer as soon as I said "I'll give you your asking price for the item you're offering, just tell me how to pay you."  Really sounds to me like he's been dealing with inactive members versus any true maliciousness on anyone's part.  To paraphrase what someone said earlier in this thread, life happens.  Some folks make it back, some don't.  The site proper has also been down (thanks to Google) for a month or more at this point, so if those transaction attempts have (primarily) occurred within that window, that's on OP for not understanding that versus various sellers who haven't yet figured out that it's still possible to access the site.

Nah. I've been dealing with flakes. Else the thread would have been called "Anyone Notice Sellers Here Ignore PMs?". Maybe my next one will be "Anyone Notice Some People In This Thread Here Are Assumptive Jackasses Who Create Narratives In Their Head Based On Low Information?".

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Could you dumb it down more for me? As someone who’s bought and sold games online for 15 years across multiple sites I obviously have no idea what I’m talking about, so I’d like to hear it from an expert as yourself. 

But before you educate me/us, we need more info, like the sellers post/rep count, amount asked for item, and amount offered. 

Although before we go, I will say I have never understood the desire to complain about the way people sell things. In the less than 1% of thousands of transactions  that have been flaky, if someone doesn’t respond to me in a decent amount of time I just move on to the next item. It’s a sellers loss, nowadays with the market the way it is. They probably need that money a lot more than I need their game. 

"I have never understood the desire" You were not put on this earth to "understand" things, dipshit. Based on your history, you seem to have been put in this forum to talk out of your ass. Do everyone a favor and plug it for a while, maybe with your head.

• Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Yep, it's definitely everyone else and not you. 🤔

While I can accept it's me, I can also accept that at the same time a place can be full of flakey cunts. Maybe ask yourself why you're quick to blame a person asking a simple question.

Edited by Skip Rogers
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, Skip Rogers said:

"I have never understood the desire" You were not put on this earth to "understand" things, dipshit. Based on your history, you seem to have been put in this forum to talk out of your ass. Do everyone a favor and plug it for a while, maybe with your head.

No, I completely UNDERSTAND, how I dont complain like a Bitch. 

If i DM someone and they dont respond, I move on like a reasonable adult. Onto the next seller!

But thanks for not coming up with any actual evidence for why people were Flakey, like requested. I will take that as your white flag that you lost the internet argument. 

0-1

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Moderator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Skip Rogers said:

While I can accept it's me, I can also accept that at the same time a place can be full of flakey cunts. Maybe ask yourself why you're quick to blame a person asking a simple question.

Ok, enough with this kind of talk from everyone, let’s get back on track or it’s getting locked. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• The topic was locked