IGNORED

Fake Atari is buying Mobygames

As much as I like to laugh at some of this company's projects, can't help but feel a tinge of doom on the horizon here. Mobygames for all its shortcomings is a very good source of random info for obscure games. I don't know if anyone else remembers the last time a company that didn't care about video games bought a video game database.

https://menafn.com/1103237107/Atari-Announces-Strategic-Transactions?fbclid=IwAR1ytGt96z_rgWFAANCL0Isy_zam7m46SnF4w2VFBVQXlYWi-GX2Vr-U-Tg

23 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Maybe, did I miss a cool thread where we can watch Mobygames get taken offline and replaced by a concert poster speculation blog?

Huh, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check out that concert poster speculation blog, and their back up of the forum has now completely vanished. But don't worry, if you wanted to know what the top 2 active sellers are it's BotW for WiiU and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

image.thumb.png.a9b8b5f17a5d0cdb9e65120f092d5b2b.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Huh, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check out that concert poster speculation blog, and their back up of the forum has now completely vanished. But don't worry, if you wanted to know what the top 2 active sellers are it's BotW for WiiU and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

image.thumb.png.a9b8b5f17a5d0cdb9e65120f092d5b2b.png

I'm guessing this only tracks graded games (based on the GTA Trilogy version in spot #3). According to GVN data... Wii Sports is the #1 seller last week. And last month. And the last year. I'm going to take a wild guess and say next week... Wii Sports will be the most actively sold game.

mlyNjPH.png

• Wow! 1

5 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I'm guessing this only tracks graded games (based on the GTA Trilogy version in spot #3). According to GVN data... Wii Sports is the #1 seller last week. And last month. And the last year. I'm going to take a wild guess and say next week... Wii Sports will be the most actively sold game.

mlyNjPH.png

Makes sense when copies of Wii Sports outnumber humans on planet earth by 7 to 1! 🤣

• Like 1