IGNORED

Stoked to have found this forum! Some hot items incoming!

I've just found this website and am stoked to see there's a community of collectors here. This is a really cool place! πŸ˜„

Recently I've started helping one of my best friends get his lifelong game and toy collection organized so he can reopen his video game shop in Los Angeles. The place was super underground back when he had it open and was one of my favorite places on earth but the homie had to close it down and get a full time gig elsewhere to support himself through the pandemic. I'm currently super focused on helping him get it open again but to do that he needs some capital and as such he's decided to part with some pretty rare items in his collection. I'll be helping him post them here on the forums so keep an eye out and feel free to haggle through me. I'll pass the word on to homeslice until he's able to take over!

Here's a sneak peek at his shop! A couple of these kiosks are currently being dusted off for sale soon.

shopstatus.thumb.png.88a2ca6d76f22f0f352d18a7d34d1b26.png

• Like 4

Welcome!Β πŸ₯³ And what was the name of your friend's shop? Chances is that I had visited it in the past.

BTW, I wish your friend luck. As we speak I am rebuilding my Star Wars collection while trying to make another attempt at rebuilding my business goals. With me planning to sell at least one (if not both) of my graded games. Solo. So I am hoping your friend will succeed and that you have fun here.Β πŸ™‚

3 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

Welcome!Β πŸ₯³ And what was the name of your friend's shop? Chances is that I had visited it in the past.

BTW, I wish your friend luck. As we speak I am rebuilding my Star Wars collection while trying to make another attempt at rebuilding my business goals. With me planning to sell at least one (if not both) of my graded games. Solo. So I am hoping your friend will succeed and that you have fun here.Β πŸ™‚

Thanks! The shop's name was Select Start but I think he might change it for the reopening. Best of luck with the Star Wars collection! What games did you get graded? He's about to send a couple things in but we're both super nervous about mailing something so rare... 😧

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Rare games are what I'm interested in.

He's definitely got a few. One I know he has is a sealed GOTY foil edition of Halo that looks to be a pretty rare find. (not his listing -- his is not graded)

I'll ask him to get me a list of his more rare items that he's willing to sell. I'll make a post in the marketplace and reply again with a link to it here when I get it posted! πŸ™‚

Edited by Robatato
eBay listing clarification

1 hour ago, Robatato said:

Thanks! The shop's name was Select Start but I think he might change it for the reopening. Best of luck with the Star Wars collection! What games did you get graded? He's about to send a couple things in but we're both super nervous about mailing something so rare... 😧

I think I remember that shop.Β πŸ€”Β The two video game shops I visited were originally found in both Little Tokyo and Sawtelle Japantown. And I am thinking it is the one that once resided in the Little Tokyo Galleria.Β πŸ˜…

And thanks.Β πŸ™‚Β Long story short, "Collecting is a complicated hobby." In my case the worst I am currently facing is limited storage space. With 2022 giving me reasons why that is a bigger hurdle than me budgeting to have these sent to AFA. As well as both the HasLab exclusive scenario and the Walmart one that includes those alien spiders.

As for the games... The ones I definitely want to sell is my Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2. It is the Japan release and was graded a CAS 85 (85.9). If I can get a serious offer for both, I might sell my Dragon Quest VII (PS One Books), which also graded a CAS 85 (86.9). With both being the first to be graded by them.

Plus good luck on the grading. It is nerve wracking but worth it if you are satisfied with the final results.Β πŸ™‚

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Robatato said:

He's definitely got a few. One I know he has is a sealed GOTY foil edition of Halo that looks to be a pretty rare find. (not his listing -- his is not graded)

I'll ask him to get me a list of his more rare items that he's willing to sell. I'll make a post in the marketplace and reply again with a link to it here when I get it posted! πŸ™‚

I said rare games.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Far be it for me to tell you how to internet, but a sassy emote here and there might help with comprehension.Β 

I like this one: 😏

I appreciate the suggestions but the faces are not for me. Not to mention they changed the name from emoticon to emoji, when did this happen and why?

• Haha 1

Administrator Β· Posted
8 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I appreciate the suggestions but the faces are not for me. Not to mention they changed the name from emoticon to emoji, when did this happen and why?

Cuz branding, I guess. Honestly not sure.Β 

You could always do the classic /s to denote sarcasm.Β 

My wife was telling me the other day that people have started putting tonal notes in brackets. For example:

(sarcastically) Do you even OWN any rare games?Β 

Honestly I don't mind the above approach. It achieves something akin to a novels narrative style, eg. "I'll tell you where you can put that egg!" Jonas guffawed while gesturing to his rear.Β 

• Haha 1