IGNORED

Once it's marked, it's out

Does anyone do that with their collections? Once I decide to put a piece up for sale, it's out. Even if it doesn't sell, the item doesn't go back into my collection, it stays up for sale. The item never gets a second chance to reclaim a spot at the collection banquet.

I'll also do something similar with stuff on my sale pile. I never do it with Famicom, but sometimes with Super Famicom and shit like that.

If it doesn't sell, even after drastically cheaper listings, I'll throw it all in a cheap lot, and if that doesn't sell, it gets destroyed and subsequently tossed out.

17 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Who sells?  Lol

Damn straight. I'm buying a mausoleum so I can take my collection to the grave with me.

Then, in my will I'm going to outline an elaborate contest in which videogame nerds the world over must solve a convoluted set of riddles, each one more nefarious than the last, eventually culminating in the discovery of my grave and the inheritance of my collection which will presumably be covered with spiders and rotting due to being inside a mausoleum deep within a swamp for thousands of years (the riddles will be extraordinarily difficult, but once you begin the quest, your bloodline will be bound to the game until completion because the will is also cursed, hence the thousands of years timeframe) and also there will be a ghost version of me there for one final test. I'll call it Ready to be the #1 Player? This idea is totally original and copyrighted by me.

Or I may just give them to my kids. It's kind of a toss up right now.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Damn straight. I'm buying a mausoleum so I can take my collection to the grave with me.

Then, in my will I'm going to outline an elaborate contest in which videogame nerds the world over must solve a convoluted set of riddles, each one more nefarious than the last, eventually culminating in the discovery of my grave and the inheritance of my collection which will presumably be covered with spiders and rotting due to being inside a mausoleum deep within a swamp for thousands of years (the riddles will be extraordinarily difficult, but once you begin the quest, your bloodline will be bound to the game until completion because the will is also cursed, hence the thousands of years timeframe) and also there will be a ghost version of me there for one final test. I'll call it Ready to be the #1 Player? This idea is totally original and copyrighted by me.

Or I may just give them to my kids. It's kind of a toss up right now.

Better get a quality dehumidifier.

• Like 1

I sell dupes, for sure. Ocassionally I'll collect for a system and then decide it's too much, and I'll move that.

The TG-16 is the only system (and the one game I have for it) I have gone back forth about.

Speaking of, I have a nice TG-16 I guess I can sell again. I tried once before but,... *Sigh*, I shipped an Nintendo power adapter with it and it want until I refunded the buyer and had it paid to be returned that I realized my stoopid error.

If there are no takers, I'm sure I'll end up happily keeping it for another 18 months, seriously consider getting a ROM card and then once again consider selling it. Vicious cycle...

21 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Does anyone do that with their collections? Once I decide to put a piece up for sale, it's out. Even if it doesn't sell, the item doesn't go back into my collection, it stays up for sale. The item never gets a second chance to reclaim a spot at the collection banquet.

Yup, when it's pulled, it's dead to me.  It's exceptionally rare I'd backtrack that so when it gets shelved for trades/sale it's removed from all my archives.  For Gamecube and before console side and DS back handheld I keep ROM copies of what I own, keep FAQs for anything that has been typed up outside of dumb HTML only ones too.  All of it gets wiped, all that, my inventory list, everything.  It goes on a shelf and added to my purge list, priced, and picture taken in whatever order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

sometimes ill take a game out of the collection and into a staging area. if i dont catch any feelings for it, ill put it up for sale.

i can only think of one game i have ever sought out to buy again after selling, silent hill.

I think think the only two games I've felt that way about have been Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shantae. I should count Shantae because even though I doubled my investment, it's now worth about 5x what I got for it, IIRC. I just wished I hodled that one a bit longer.

@RH  I did that with Shantae back in the NA days at that flea I'd hit out west.  Was a $100 game even in 2011-2012 and I got it off a regular vendor there for just $5.  I played and played it tried to enjoy it, in little bits I did, but it didn't grab me so I got that value for it so I got 20x the value.  It took about half that time to present to wish I still had it to try again, but I wasn't stupid enough to drop hundreds on it.  Glad I held out, got the licensed copy from LRG/Wayforward for $30, it's a game NOT an investment so that worked for me.

23 hours ago, OptOut said:

I've already licked every one of my games, so nobody else can have them, and also I've got a fork to jab at ya if you try! 👺

Ok that's the second crazy post I've seen.  Is China pumping stuff into the water since they know they can't militarily deal with Taiwan? 😄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1