IGNORED

Gamecube Japan: A list of games not released in the west

drxandy

I know this topic is quite old now, but I think I found a game demo/trial version you may have missed, which is the trial version of Beach Spikers released in Japan only to my knowledge(?) Attached is a photo I pulled from Mercari Japan just to show it. Thanks for your work putting this list together! I'm not aiming to collect them all but definitely keeping my eye out for some of the kiosk disc for my collection

Screenshot_20231119_012035_Buyee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 1:24 AM, Aquacc said:

I know this topic is quite old now, but I think I found a game demo/trial version you may have missed, which is the trial version of Beach Spikers released in Japan only to my knowledge(?) Attached is a photo I pulled from Mercari Japan just to show it. Thanks for your work putting this list together! I'm not aiming to collect them all but definitely keeping my eye out for some of the kiosk disc for my collection

I feel like there's a trickle here and there as time passes of different demos out there that people are finding and it's so cooool! Thanks for sharing, I will add it for sure to the list 🙂

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 6:49 PM, Nintendo4Life87 said:

Hi, awesome list. I have a few of those Gamecube trial/kiosk disc and I found this one recently that wasn't on the list yet. 🙂

Its the "Dream Mix TV World Fighters" Trial Disc.

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-08 om 18.46.46.png

I don’t know if it’s allowed here, but I’m selling this very rare trial disc that I bought a few years ago for $600. If somebody still search for one, just send me a message. I have a lot of the other exclusive jpn/pal demo/trial discs for sale to, due selling up my GameCube collection. 

Edited by Nintendo4Life87
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 1:56 AM, drxandy said:

I feel like there's a trickle here and there as time passes of different demos out there that people are finding and it's so cooool! Thanks for sharing, I will add it for sure to the list 🙂

Completely agree, love seeing new things about the GameCube brought to light after all these years! And I actually spotted another item missing from your list this morning! It's a Japanese demo disc for 2002 FIFA World Cup, and after searching a bit online I was not able to find a release for this in any other regions. Pretty low price for anyone who collects these (assuming the seller relist) https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/1063066594

Screenshot_20231231_091909_Buyee.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, big Gamecube guy here. A friend sent me this thread, I personally own a lot of these demo discs including 2002 FIFA, WWE XI8, and many more including some not listed on here. Let me help you improve your list:

SSX Tricky demo disc - z6VkkOf.jpeg

This was dumped online a bit ago and is on redump.

Super Monkey Ball 2 demo disc-  3TpQQf1.jpeg

You have this on your list, but here's a picture of the Star Wars demo disc - 70LermX.jpeg

There are also tournament discs which are extremely rare and never come up online. They are never dumped and pretty much completely obscure.

Here's a better picture of the Naruto Collection disc if you're interested in seeing more contents of what the disc came with let me know. I have a fully 100% complete version with the winner's letter - image.jpeg.ede533890fd42f79679461482962a8a4.jpeg

I believe there is a Naruto 3 one but I don't have a picture.

Naruto 4 tournament disc - 8MZrYAH.png

There is a Capcom vs SNK tournament disc too, no picture. I've seen it though. I believe there is a Disney Party demo disc. There are more demo discs out there we don't have any documentation on for sure.

On 7/16/2020 at 11:02 PM, drxandy said:

Apologies for double posting but I figured I would post this here and see if anyone has more info.

20200710_122103.thumb.jpg.72d7094ffc83ce508d2df96255b45ebb.jpg

The not for sale lenticular card for Zelda wind waker. Was it a pre-order bonus at a specific retailer? Was it a first print thing? If anyone out there has more information I would love a little background on it.

This card is included in a guidebook. It's not from a retailer.

On 11/19/2023 at 1:24 AM, Aquacc said:

In case you were wondering, this disc was passed out in a SEGA promotional event called Waku Waku Party in Summer 2002. You can read more about it here: https://web.archive.org/web/20021001234343/http://sega.jp/event/wakuwaku.html

Edited by Louis_
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Louis_ said:

Hello, big Gamecube guy here. A friend sent me this thread, I personally own a lot of these demo discs including 2002 FIFA, WWE XI8, and many more including some not listed on here. Let me help you improve your list:

Always nice to see more GameCube guys here. Even I didn't know about some of those discs.

13 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Always nice to see more GameCube guys here. Even I didn't know about some of those discs.

Thanks 🙂 Your blog on the Mario Party 4 Event Disc was really fascinating! I'd love to own that disc one day, it would go great with my Mario Party 4 winner's pin. Out of curiosity, which disc(s) were you not aware of before my post? The Naruto 4 disc is not mine (although every other disc in that post I do own). I would love to own that disc one day but on auction it brings around $750-1000 every time I see it. Most of the discs I uploaded have only been up for sale one or maybe two times since I've been collecting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis_ said:

There is a Capcom vs SNK tournament disc too, no picture. I've seen it though. I believe there is a Disney Party demo disc. There are more demo discs out there we don't have any documentation on for sure.

I think this the Capcom vs SNK tournament disc you are referring to? (See attachment)

But thanks for sharing all the new info!! I had no idea about the Naruto 4 tournament disc, would love to have a copy of that, probably my favorite fighting game of all time

Edit: found the Capcom vs SNK 2 disc for sale on Mercari JP just now for any collectors interested! https://jp.mercari.com/item/m49380552008

Screenshot_20240101_064754_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Aquacc
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Aquacc said:

I think this the Capcom vs SNK tournament disc you are referring to? (See attachment)

But thanks for sharing all the new info!! I had no idea about the Naruto 4 tournament disc, would love to have a copy of that, probably my favorite fighting game of all time

Edit: found the Capcom vs SNK 2 disc for sale on Mercari JP just now for any collectors interested! https://jp.mercari.com/item/m49380552008

Screenshot_20240101_064754_Samsung Internet.jpg

So, I went through Redump and there's a user named MajorPBX who has dumped virtually every disc that wasn't available since I last checked besides the WWE XI8 disc (including the Naruto 4 tournament disc!). I should really get on that before they beat me to it lol. I had the SSX Tricky and 2002 FIFA disc before they were dumped. I also really like Naruto 4 😄 My Naruto Collection disc with the original winner's letter is one of my favorite items in my collection. I have memory card stickers from Naruto 3 tournaments so there is for sure a Naruto 3 tournament disc out there. If you would like to see those let me know, I have a lot of interesting stuff that's likely never been seen before. For documentary purposes, here is some more information about the Naruto Collection "CIB":

Sticker set that comes with the disc 9oqc8wN.jpeg

Winner's letter from V Power sdPeXMq.jpeg

Yep, this is the right disc! Great find on Mercari! I will pass at this time but that's genuinely a really good price for anyone who is interested. Hoping it's someone who is not a reseller but someone who cares about that series and/or the history of that disc.

I did a cursory glance through Redump and here are some others that are currently not listed on this thread but of interest:

http://redump.org/disc/81866/ - Disney Magical Park - Mentioned this before, saw it listed once for around ~$400 once

http://redump.org/disc/81869/ - PN03 Really cool that PN03 has both a PAL and a JP demo disc! I believe that's the only game like that. Reminds me of Doshin or V Rally 3. Never seen this disc before!

http://redump.org/disc/81848/ - Yugioh Falsebound Kingdom saw this on YAJ for like $1,100 or so. Not sure if it sold or what happened.

@MegaMan52@drxandy If you were wondering, this is what a CIB Kirby Hori memory card looks like QHQK5Tl.jpeg

ZP0EPhu.jpeg

Here's one with the packaging on and with the plastic case included.

I took the plastic packaging off the front for the first picture but it easily attaches back on. This is one of my favorite pieces of my collection 😄 If you give me like a week I will find the guide that Zelda card comes from, just can't remember off the top of my head.

Edited by Louis_
meant to tag megaman52 lolol - haven't used a forum in like a decade!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted

I have the 2002 FIFA and Naruto disc, and a few other NFS or Taikenban/Sample Japan discs, but definitely not all of them.  Some of them are pretty expensive!

A few of us are looking for the remaining unpreserved Gekkan discs, but they are very hard to obtain and very expensive when then show up.

5 hours ago, spacepup said:

I have the 2002 FIFA and Naruto disc, and a few other NFS or Taikenban/Sample Japan discs, but definitely not all of them.  Some of them are pretty expensive!

A few of us are looking for the remaining unpreserved Gekkan discs, but they are very hard to obtain and very expensive when then show up.

Out of curiosity which are unpreserved? I'd be happy to keep my eyes out for those!

3 hours ago, drxandy said:

@Louis_ Absolutely! anything you would take the time to share pictures of I know we would love to see 🙂

I will work on more interesting demo disc related stuff for this thread but it may be a while.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
6 hours ago, Louis_ said:

Out of curiosity which are unpreserved? I'd be happy to keep my eyes out for those!

I will work on more interesting demo disc related stuff for this thread but it may be a while.

Probably easier for me to just link our wiki here:
http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title=Nintendo_GameCube_-_Asia_Undumped_Discs

There is a section for Gekkan along with sections for other GameCube discs we need.  If you have any of these or see them, please feel free to let me know or PM me and we can discuss.  Thanks!

16 hours ago, Louis_ said:

@MegaMan52@drxandy If you were wondering, this is what a CIB Kirby Hori memory card looks like QHQK5Tl.jpeg

ZP0EPhu.jpeg

Here's one with the packaging on and with the plastic case included.

I took the plastic packaging off the front for the first picture but it easily attaches back on. This is one of my favorite pieces of my collection 😄 If you give me like a week I will find the guide that Zelda card comes from, just can't remember off the top of my head.

Yeah, I saw that years ago on a Kirby site called Kirby's Rainbow Resort: 

http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/info/merchandise/misc.htm

Eventually bought it on eBay a few years ago, despite not being CIB. I think it goes well with my spice orange GameCube (which is CIB...remember buying it for $100 and the shipping was free). Oh, and those vehicles were shown in the Kirby anime and one of the DVD's loosely based on Kirby Air Ride:

image.jpeg.f40cf57438760effd66f17131f8e4882.jpeg

And about the discs, the ones I didn't know about were the SSX Tricky and Super Monkey Ball 2 demo discs (though I'm not surprised that the latter exists).

Edited by MegaMan52

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2020 at 8:42 AM, UBG said:

I have seen this item before listed and noticed it wasn't on this list. I don't know much about it, but I'm assuming it's some sort of demo disc considering it is in a jewel case similar to the Biohazard special edition demo.

i-img1200x900-1591884041vtijag422361.jpg

i-img1200x900-1591884041biugee422361.jpg

i-img1200x900-1591884041obts8i422361.jpg

Hello. I am new here.
I have a decent NGC Collection myself.
I wonder about this Wrestlemania Demo or Promo. Have any info on this? How rare is it and what does it go for? How much should someone pay for it or not to buy it???

On 2/5/2024 at 1:07 AM, MegaMan52 said:

Yeah, I saw that years ago on a Kirby site called Kirby's Rainbow Resort: 

http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/info/merchandise/misc.htm

Eventually bought it on eBay a few years ago, despite not being CIB. I think it goes well with my spice orange GameCube (which is CIB...remember buying it for $100 and the shipping was free). Oh, and those vehicles were shown in the Kirby anime and one of the DVD's loosely based on Kirby Air Ride:

image.jpeg.f40cf57438760effd66f17131f8e4882.jpeg

And about the discs, the ones I didn't know about were the SSX Tricky and Super Monkey Ball 2 demo discs (though I'm not surprised that the latter exists).

Hi. The kirby box  The Kirby Collection is not Gamecube is it?