IGNORED

Game Genie and GameShark/Action Replay Codes

MegaMan52

Here are some Game Genie (NES and Game Boy), GameShark (Game Boy), and Action Replay (GameCube) codes I've used over the years. I also have videos of these codes in action. Some of these I found myself, while others are from The Cutting Room Floor. All of these videos are mine.

NES

Game Genie Codes 

image.jpeg.2fbac595ddb1d6ce7173441b586aab3f.jpeg

Super Mario Bros. 

Note: The codes are listed in the order used in the video (recorded in 2009).

High jumps:
ZEVLGK

Code #1:
EIGPSK

Code #2:
OGOPOK

Code #3:
VGKOKK

Code #4:
ZAGPSK

Super Mario Bros. 3

Map, Level, and Music Codes

The codes are shown in the video.

Glitch Music

OOOVYU

Causes the game to play glitched level music. One thing I like about this code is that it kind of gives the spiked ceiling room in the World 1 Mini-Fortress its own music.

Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project

Japanese Mode

PEVNNYAA

Both the American and Japanese releases have both English and Japanese modes. When using this code, the title screen has a "2", the options screen (which usually requires a button code) is selectable on the title screen, and the text changes. Despite being released later, the American release is actually an earlier version of the game and lacks Japanese text. The Japanese version has both Japanese and English text.

Source: The Cutting Room Floor

Battletoads

Unused Music

YAOVYIAP

TTEEIYVT

Plays an unused music track on the title screen. May have been intended for the ninth level, Terra Tubes.

Mega Man 2 

Glitched Music

I've known about this since the early '90s. And if any of you have used the Game Genie with either Mega Man 1 or Mega Man 2, then you probably know about this too. Simply using the Game Genie and using one code (any code) causes the music to glitch. I recorded the soundtrack this way if anyone wants to have a listen.

Original Game Boy 

Game Genie

image.jpeg.54ceef7c1ae3bbd7efe214e93dbc9f04.jpeg

Donkey Kong Land

Unused Skyscraper Music

0F8-3EF-E62
9F8-40F-E6A
C18-41F-6EA

Unused Final Boss Music

128-3EF-E62
9F8-40F-E6A
C18-41F-6EA

GameShark

Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge

Unused Fireman Stage (Also Plays Unused Music)

01088CDF

GameCube 

Action Replay

image.jpeg.4d30eebee77f6237b7f782efb047dfd8.jpeg

image.jpeg.bb55ed7ca660ea9213b2e9205a2f91ac.jpeg

Luigi's Mansion

Unused 2-Player Co-op Mode.

Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc

Debug Mode 

The newer Action Replay discs from 2007 include this code. Just select it, then swap the disc with the Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc. The Debug Mode has a lot of features, which are shown in the video above.

For more codes and unused content, check out these playlists on my YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@MegaMan52/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=8 

I may also post more codes here later.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Love 1

Here are some more codes. Again, some of these were found by others but the videos are mine. Also note that these codes are NTSC (U.S. and Canada).

NES 

Game Genie

Mega Man 3

I don't have any codes for this, but my video here shows an unused version of the Dr. Wily escape scene in Mega Man 3 which has more detailed backgrounds than the used version. Also note that the full version of the Dr. Wily Fortress map music plays. The scene is used the Mega Man 3 Improvement hack, which I have a playthrough of on my Channel.

Super Mario Bros. 3 

Map codes for Super Mario Bros. 3. Codes are shown in the video. Video recorded in 2008 (re-uploaded in 2009).

Original Game Boy

Game Genie 

Mega Man V

Unused Stage Music 1

5F0-BAB-3B3

11D-18E-4C2 

An unused music track that would've played in one of the game's stages.

Unused Stage Music 2 

660-BAB-3B3

11D-18E-4C2 

Another unused stage music track.

The game also has some music tracks from Mega Man IV (likely placeholders), and some cutscene music that is used but part of it is not heard normally. These music tracks can be heard in my video above. The game also has a Debug Mode that includes a sound test with all of the music including these unused music tracks.

GameCube

Action Replay 

Sonic Gems Collection

(Must be on)

(m)

MN0H-7NWM-W77V1
WNFM-3QFG-3DJA5
0JAW-RAVH-DE51A
GDZT-UH6W-A53CX
QE4M-MCM8-UYHKU
0W5Q-PPH2-UZV12
497M-M0CD-K5HBB
32WD-3B7R-0Y9Q1
W61M-TWWN-WV4MX
GHNZ-13X5-6DRFP
WHC0-3704-M47M2
QF1U-219N-Y0WNG
FXNA-XP9V-WXYWQ
72EJ-QC4T-7Z5VN
RRAH-D5YH-XB5JY

Japanese Soundtrack in Movies (Sonic CD)

MU4D-A3M5-DWN6M
35FX-F0CU-VK5YF
QEP0-8DW9-Q1KWC 

With this code, some of Sonic CD's Japanese soundtrack plays: "You Can Do Anything" plays in the opening, and "Cosmic Eternity - Believe in Yourself" plays in the ending.  

Source: Sonic CulT (http://web.archive.org/web/20070701024724/http://www.sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?catid=3&gameid=14&subid=4&artid=1)

Animal Crossing 

(Must be on)

(m)

5GRJ-4WPJ-P2B7F
0Y21-R1ZM-JAY4Z

Get Super Mario Bros. and Legend of Zelda 

KACQ-Y14W-28PPX
7Y9B-5XMK-9A2XQ
GPG1-G8VJ-XK46C
08KK-BVZ6-1UTJF

Source: Code Junkies (http://web.archive.org/web/20031003095848/http://us.codejunkies.com/article.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&i=5362)

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 2