IGNORED

The GOLDEN GANONS - Now accepting community suggestions for awards categories

OptOut

Okay, we're over the hump of 2021, before we know it the OPTYS... **ahem** The GOLDEN GANONS will be upon us!

In order for me to prepare for hosting the awards, I think it would be apt to start collecting together more solid suggestions for awards categories. There are some obvious ones that will definitely be included like thread of the year, VGS'er of the year, best artistic contribution, etc. But I wanna throw the floor open for suggestions from the community, they can range from serious to silly and everything in between.

Overall I think 12 awards should be an appropriate number in total, so I want the BEST you got guys!

Oh, also, we should probably avoid any awards that might victimise, antagonise, or otherwise create unnecessary drama... I mean I would LOVE to see something like that personally, because it would be hilarious, but in my PROFESSIONAL capacity asĀ hostist with the mostest, I think it would be better to avoid that sort of thing!Ā šŸ˜…

• Like 3

On 8/4/2021 at 6:12 PM, OptOut said:

Oh, also, we should probably avoid any awards that might victimise, antagonise, or otherwise create unnecessary drama... I mean I would LOVE to see something like that personally, because it would be hilarious, but in my PROFESSIONAL capacity asĀ hostist with the mostest, I think it would be better to avoid that sort of thing!Ā šŸ˜…

Aren't we gonna roast anyone then?

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Aren't we gonna roast anyone then?

We will not be explicitly antagonising or humiliating an individual, no.

There is room for light-hearted ribbing and inclusive joking around, of course, but this is intended as a celebration of the community and a chance to strengthen our bonds of friendship! šŸ™‚

• Like 1

Events Team Ā· Posted

VGSer of the year (I would think of this as the "main" Golden Ganon so to speak, so maybe we could save this one for last.)

Thread of the year

CasualCart Award Artistic contribution of the year

Musical contribution of the year

Gamer of the year

Collector of the year

Mod/Staff of the year

Funniest thread of the year (I think funniest would be a good way of avoiding any sort of negative connotation associated with this one. Just a funny thread, that's it.)

Funniest post of the year (Again, no negative connotations, just a really funny post.)

Funniest poster of the year

Overall poster of the year (Either sheer quantity, quality of posts, or a combination of both. Or, we could split this category up in to two different awards. Quantity poster of the year, and Quality poster of the year.)

Most insightful poster of the year (This would go to whoever has had the most posts that have displayed a ton of interesting knowledge on a particular subject or topic.)

Conversation starter of the year (This would go to the person who has created the most threads/posts that have/had the highest level of consistent engagement and conversation by members of the community, not counting events.)

Host of the year (This would go to whoever gets voted as the best host/GM for any given event on VGS, such as Survivor, Weekly contests or Werewolf. Golden Ganons probably excluded just to make it fair.)

Suggestion of the year (This would go to whoever is voted as having come up with the best suggestion on something that would improve VGS as a whole. For example, Ricky Winterborn who suggested the Agree/Disagree reactions, or me and Jeeves for helping out with improving the Dark Mode.)

Newcomer of the year (This one would go to whoever people vote on as the best newcomer to the site, which I would define as anyone that joined on Jan. 1st of the year in question or later.)

Gifter of the year (This one would go to whoever people vote on as having given the best gift during that year's Secret Santa)

I'm not sure what this one would be called, but perhaps an award for whoever gets the most charms throughout the year?

And then, I'd really be scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas by this point, but maybe Profile Pic of the year?

Obviously the names could be changed, and obviously we wouldn't be able to use all of these, but these are all of the ideas I immediately had.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

VGSer of the year (I would think of this as the "main" Golden Ganon so to speak, so maybe we could save this one for last.)

Thread of the year

CasualCart Award Artistic contribution of the year

Musical contribution of the year

Gamer of the year

Collector of the year

Mod/Staff of the year

Funniest thread of the year (I think funniest would be a good way of avoiding any sort of negative connotation associated with this one. Just a funny thread, that's it.)

Funniest post of the year (Again, no negative connotations, just a really funny post.)

Funniest poster of the year

Overall poster of the year (Either sheer quantity, quality of posts, or a combination of both. Or, we could split this category up in to two different awards. Quantity poster of the year, and Quality poster of the year.)

Most insightful poster of the year (This would go to whoever has had the most posts that have displayed a ton of interesting knowledge on a particular subject or topic.)

Conversation starter of the year (This would go to the person who has created the most threads/posts that have/had the highest level of consistent engagement and conversation by members of the community, not counting events.)

Host of the year (This would go to whoever gets voted as the best host/GM for any given event on VGS, such as Survivor, Weekly contests or Werewolf. Golden Ganons probably excluded just to make it fair.)

Suggestion of the year (This would go to whoever is voted as having come up with the best suggestion on something that would improve VGS as a whole. For example, Ricky Winterborn who suggested the Agree/Disagree reactions, or me and Jeeves for helping out with improving the Dark Mode.)

Newcomer of the year (This one would go to whoever people vote on as the best newcomer to the site, which I would define as anyone that joined on Jan. 1st of the year in question or later.)

Gifter of the year (This one would go to whoever people vote on as having given the best gift during that year's Secret Santa)

I'm not sure what this one would be called, but perhaps an award for whoever gets the most charms throughout the year?

And then, I'd really be scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas by this point, but maybe Profile Pic of the year?

Obviously the names could be changed, and obviously we wouldn't be able to use all of these, but these are all of the ideas I immediately had.

This is awesome, exactly what I was looking for!Ā šŸ˜Š

Let ZFreak by a lesson to ALL of you slackers, let's keep 'em coming and I'll sift through for the best ideas! šŸ˜‰

• Thanks 1

Social Team Ā· Posted
On 8/4/2021 at 6:12 AM, OptOut said:

Okay, we're over the hump of 2021, before we know it the OPTYS... **ahem** The GOLDEN GANONS will be upon us!

In order for me to prepare for hosting the awards, I think it would be apt to start collecting together more solid suggestions for awards categories. There are some obvious ones that will definitely be included like thread of the year, VGS'er of the year, best artistic contribution, etc. But I wanna throw the floor open for suggestions from the community, they can range from serious to silly and everything in between.

Overall I think 12 awards should be an appropriate number in total, so I want the BEST you got guys!

Where were these last year, 2020.Ā  I totally didn't get awarded best VGS Newcomer Award!Ā  What kind of rigged awards are these?

• Haha 1

Social Team Ā· Posted

Some suggestions:

Social Butterfly - The one who talks the most on the forum and Discord, and isn't game related.

Most Hated - The person with the most Angry, Eye Roll, and Disagree emotes collected in a year.

Most Helpful - The person with the most Thanks emotes collected in a year.

Most Awesome - The person with the most Love and WowĀ emotes in a year.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Social Team Ā· Posted

OH!

Most Hater - The person who's GIVEN the most hate emotes out

Spoiler

Hi score winner so far....

image.png.672e81d06ea23c0f4b402d0b8dc7559d.png

Anyone want to take a not so wild guess at who this is???

Most Love & Peace Hippy- Most Love/Like/Agree emotes with no Hate/Disagree emotes or just subtract the hates from love total

Most Opinionated - The person who gives the most reaction emotes.Ā  Could be a ratio of given to received but that could make a lurkers the biggest winner.....

Biggest LurkerĀ - Most reactions given minus the number of posts made.

Class Clown - Person with the most Laugh emotes received.

Edited by FireHazard51
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

18 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

OH!

Most Hater - The person who's GIVEN the most hate emotes out

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Hi score winner so far....

image.png.672e81d06ea23c0f4b402d0b8dc7559d.png

Anyone want to take a not so wild guess at who this is???

Ā 

What can I say, there are a LOT of bad takes on the N64 on this site which need to be scrutinized. It's the lord's work. šŸ˜‰

Edited by OptOut
  • Haha 1