You rather (generally) 2D or 3D games?

Nintegageo

2D or 3D?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. 2D or 3D?

• 2D
    • 3D

37 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Hard to say.  I'd probably have to come up with my too 100 games and see what the split is.  It could very possibly be 50/50.

Honestly, my answer is probably something close to this.  There are a lot of great 2D and 3D games.  Some series are more fun in 2D while others are more fun in 3D.  I can't imagine gaming without both.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Gotta say 2D as there is typically more focus on gameplay rather than graphics/environment.

Hey don't sell the graphics/environment short!  Most blue chip 2D RPGs on the SNES/PS1 look beautiful and colorful.  The way the Crystal Tower in Lunar Silver Star that I'm currently working on comes to mind...reminds me of those crystal caves done in DKC...

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
8 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Hard to say.  I'd probably have to come up with my top 100 games and see what the split is.  It could very possibly be 50/50.

I was thinking the same thing.  I just love both types so much.  Some of my very favorite games are 2D, and some are 3D, and I enjoy the different aspects of both.

I just like good games and having fun.  I'd have a hard time choosing if I could only play one type for the rest of my life ha.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 11:27 AM, erac said:

3d is far more immersive. Doesn't matter if it's ugly like FF7 or Tomb Raider, it still has that effect that 2d has not.

You're certainly not wrong, but it comes down to why you play video games in the first place.  I absolutely do not play video games for immersion.  I watch movies and read books for immersion and play video games for the skill-based challenges that the older games of yester-year provide...

• Like 3