IGNORED

Ebay is doing the right thing. now let see this go with video games a well.

Ebay Announcement for Collectible Cards

We’re updating our bid retraction policy for Sports Trading Cards, Non-Sports Trading Cards, and Collectible Card Games auctions. Starting June 30, 2021, buyers will no longer have the ability to retract bids on trading cards auctions without seller approval. Sellers’ decisions to accept or reject auction bid retraction requests will be final.

How the new auction bid retraction policy will work

Starting June 30, if you want to retract an auction bid, you will need to contact the seller via messaging on eBay and request a retraction. The seller, at their sole discretion, will be able to accept or decline your retraction request. If the seller does not accept your request, your bid can still win or lose the auction, and you will be required to make payment on any winning bid you submit. We also inform buyers on our "Bid Retraction Policy" page that "a bid is a binding contract."

what your thought on this and should it extend to video game collecting?

• Like 1

I'm all for the change. Bidding with no intention to pay is just shilling / testing the waters, it has no place in a legitimate auction. Still if joke bid wins the auction, the buyer can still weasel their way out of it, but probably not without some consequences.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, bowser said:

Are they also going to take more serious action against non-paying bidders? Or maybe a winner might just return the item claiming a BS reason if they couldn't retract their bid.

that the reason i don't sale anymore.  last sale cost me because the buyer sentback a different item and ebay sided with them.  just total bs...

Yes it should be extended not only to video games but to everything. I will take it a step further I think that Ebay should only allow a person to bid 3 times for the whole auction. This could prevent non paying bidders and shill bidding.

Edited by Bonanza125
  • Like 1

I like the idea of restoring the way the site used to work where a seller must authorize (or deny) a retraction, it never should have stopped.

But what else are they going to do on the seller side?  Could not someone then claim you mailed a misleading or different item, or that it broke(even if it means breaking it to solidify the lie?)  Maybe they deny the ability to get a return outright if you are told no on a retraction and they also block them from dropping negative feedback as retaliation.

They do that?  Then it makes sense and is right.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I like the idea of restoring the way the site used to work where a seller must authorize (or deny) a retraction, it never should have stopped.

But what else are they going to do on the seller side?  Could not someone then claim you mailed a misleading or different item, or that it broke(even if it means breaking it to solidify the lie?)  Maybe they deny the ability to get a return outright if you are told no on a retraction and they also block them from dropping negative feedback as retaliation.

They do that?  Then it makes sense and is right.

That is a very good point.  it quite possible that the seller should just retract that bid and ban the buyer. 

but with all the damn ghost accounts it almost impossible to see. 

hell the new sellers are using bs account names like "pl23234" how the hell are we to know if this a robot account or a real account. 

Exactly and you're also assuming that the seller is smart enough to know they can ban people.  Ebay HIDES that feature.  I can't even find it directly on site, I have to go through googling for ebay banned bidder list or something similar to add people as I don't have to do it but rarely.

• Like 1