Choose the winners  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• The Outfield - "Your Love"
    • A-Ha - "Take on Me"
  2. 2. Choose one

• A Flock of Seagulls - "I Ran"
    • Irene Cara - "Flashdance... What a Feeling"

Ok, I'm going to try to be more objective about this.  First, I Ran is an easy choice over Flashdance for me.  So, that's going to be my vote.

Aha! has been the clear winner so far, and I could easily vote for Take On Me, as it seems like the obvious choice.  But, this past week I've been listening, actively listening to the top 8s so far and trying to see how I feel about them and which ones I enjoy the most.  Your Love has really grown on me this past week, and I've felt more inclined to listen to it over Take On Me.

Take On Me feels over played but that doesn't mean it's not a better song.  I'm going to have to think about this.  I might... might  go with The Outfield on this one.  I'm going to have to feel this one out for a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RH said:

Ok, I'm going to try to be more objective about this.  First, I Ran is an easy choice over Flashdance for me.  So, that's going to be my vote.

Aha! has been the clear winner so far, and I could easily vote for Take On Me, as it seems like the obvious choice.  But, this past week I've been listening, actively listening to the top 8s so far and trying to see how I feel about them and which ones I enjoy the most.  Your Love has really grown on me this past week, and I've felt more inclined to listen to it over Take On Me.

Take On Me feels over played but that doesn't mean it's not a better song.  I'm going to have to think about this.  I might... might  go with The Outfield on this one.  I'm going to have to feel this one out for a bit.

I think Take on Me is overhyped because of the music video

20 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I think Take on Me is overhyped because of the music video

I'd never seen the music video until college, but I was familiar with the song. IMHO, it's "worth the hype" because musically it's the total package and the lead singer has an insane vocal range.  Listen to his vocal control and realize that back in 1985, the did NOT have pro tools to tweak pithiness.  There's more to this song than the vocals but raw talent on this song is on display with Morten's performance.

The vocals are enough to make it a great song, but the entire composition is pretty great and the creative music video (though admittedly over played) is just the icing on the cake.

I think I've convinced myself how I should vote now.  Take On Me it is!

• Sad 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Take On Me has always been a solid 8/10 for me, I never really understood some of the weird stuff in it. I was surprised to see people early on predicting it to take the whole thing.

And since no more Shattered Dreams lol, I Ran gets my vote.

8 hours ago, RH said:

I'd never seen the music video until college, but I was familiar with the song. IMHO, it's "worth the hype" because musically it's the total package and the lead singer has an insane vocal range.  Listen to his vocal control and realize that back in 1985, the did NOT have pro tools to tweak pithiness.  There's more to this song than the vocals but raw talent on this song is on display with Morten's performance.

The vocals are enough to make it a great song, but the entire composition is pretty great and the creative music video (though admittedly over played) is just the icing on the cake.

I think I've convinced myself how I should vote now.  Take On Me it is!

I also think the longer version (the one with the intro) is worth listening to as well. 🙂