IGNORED

The Neo Geo Thread

So I'm curious, ebay seems to be an unstable bust considering what I have here, but I've got Super Dodgeball for MVS, it's not loose, it's realistically not complete either as I don't have the lame cardboard box and bubble bag, but the rest is there, the good stuff and in a shockbox.

HOw does one determine the value of something that doesn't have something to go by other than loose carts being $300 and a complete kit not selling for like $800?

ng-superdodgeball1.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well I think that may be one of the fewer remaining cases of a game where the MVS release costs more than the AES home copy of the game.  Then again I think that one was a pack-in option so maybe that's why, just like NAM 1975.

Fairly recently I got a sweet sort of deal out of ebay adding another game to my list, The Super Spy.  Nothing too remarkable but if you can free play quarter feed it, the game is quite fun if you're in the mood.  A nice first person title where you can just pound on or stab targets, blast em if you can pick up a firearm.  It's pretty decent.  A sweet bonus happened though, for some reason the seller decided to within the box, use a free USPS mailer bag and inside ship the game in an original MVS World Heroes box with its bubble bag which is nuts.  I have that game, without the kit contents, so that was a sweet bonus.  Now to find the 2 art cards and dipswitch sheet and I'm set.

• Like 1

I've been on a beat em up kick lately. Just beat Streets of Rage 3 & 4. So I booted up Burning Fight for the first time in a while. Not a bad game! I like the variety of weapons and the mini bonus games inside the stores. The stage graphics are nice and highly detailed. The enemies look pretty goofy though. Its very tough and I can only get as far as the elevator stage on Normal difficulty. The SOR games are better for sure. They have way tighter gameplay and obviously better music (thanks Yuzo).

Here is an interesting comparison:

SOR 2: 16 MEG

SOR 3: 24 MEG

Burning Fight: 54 MEG 

20210102_125934.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1676714319/xeno-crisis-a-new-game-for-the-sega-genesis-mega-d/posts/3193877

"The Neo Geo version has seen hundreds of little refinements, additions, tweaks and improvements, not only its code, but also in terms of the graphics and sound. It’s been fully integrated with the Neo Geo hardware and software behaviours, and we hope you’ll agree that it genuinely feels like an original Neo Geo title!"

Sweet jams!