IGNORED

RIP Mrs. Tabonga

Tabonga

On 3/23/2021 at 10:24 AM, Tabonga said:

Thanks everyone - it was a unexpected medical situation - she was in ICU for a week and went to a hospice Thursday night and died early last  Friday am.  As bad as my mother's death was in 2014 this is an unimaginable magnitude above that.  

After 39 years the house just seems so empty.   

Wow you two were together for that long?  I only just turned 41 myself. 😞  I mean, I don't know what to say...I mean I don't know what I'd do or how I'd be if my wife was to you know, check out unexpectedly or something 😞 

EDIT: Little did I realize at the time I would find out about 2.5 months later... 😞 

Edited by Estil
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Estil said:

Wow you two were together for that long?  I only just turned 41 myself. 😞  I mean, I don't know what to say...I mean I don't know what I'd do or how I'd be if my wife was to you know, check out unexpectedly or something 😞 

There was a  plus to  it (if it had to happen) - she was really not at all lucid for almost all of it - and she wasn't in any pain.  She was a little bit uncomfortable shortly before she died and they gave her some pain meds - so she certainly passed peacefully.  

It is hard - no doubt about it.  But I know I will get through it -just going to take time.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Tabonga said:

There was a  plus to  it (if it had to happen) - she was really not at all lucid for almost all of it - and she wasn't in any pain.  She was a little bit uncomfortable shortly before she died and they gave her some pain meds - so she certainly passed peacefully.  

It is hard - no doubt about it.  But I know I will get through it -just going to take time.

Yes, time will help to mend a broken heart. You might have heard of this before, try to focus on memories of the good times, and not dwell too much on the terminal illness phase. Remember her for what she would like to be remembered by. The fact you've been together for such a long time, I can only imagine how great of a person she was, and how many wonderful memories there would have been!

• Thanks 1

No death is ever "timely" but I'm glad that at least she was reasonably at peace when she passed.

A friend of mine lost his wife very suddenly last year. She was quite young and it was unexpected. Obviously things will never be quite the same but we're encouraged to see through him that life does get better, if only one day at a time, most importantly by never shying away from the support and comfort of the others in your life that matter.

From my family to yours, I hope for all the best in this difficult time.

Edited by Webhead123
  • Thanks 1