IGNORED

What exactly do I have here? Looks like 42 Famicom games.

I had a local guy contact me asking if I wanted this for super cheap so I just picked it all up. I know it's a Famicom and Disk System but none of the games have the NINTENDO stamped into them and it looks like the pictures are printed with an inkjet printer. What exactly are they?

IMG_20210304_182202.jpg

IMG_20210304_182326.jpg

IMG_20210304_182456.jpg

IMG_20210304_182552.jpg

IMG_20210304_182619.jpg

IMG_20210304_182636.jpg

IMG_20210304_182732.jpg

IMG_20210304_182749.jpg

IMG_20210304_182845.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I forgot to post these. One is a metal cased power brick of some kind and a piece of paper with Japanese writing on it.

IMG_20210304_181042.jpg

That writing is Chinese, not Japanese. These are indeed vintage bootlegs! Very cool, actually, if it were me I'd buy them, depending on the asking price of course!

I'm sure @fcgamer will have more to say!

Yeah the paper is in Chinese, it's a list of super famicom games, presumably ones for copy.

Can I see more pics of the black thing? It looks interesting to me, but I can't see if it's just a power adaptor or something else.

Those are all old bootleg disks. No chance of them being disk writer games.

If you do choose to sell, I'd be interested as well, Ive got a lot if bootleg disks but not many with artwork, and similarly I like that paper and what not.

@OptOut Go halfsies? 😄

• Love 1

That's an impressive pile of bootlegs.  And technically the FDS did have protection.  Go look at a real FDS disc notice on both sides NINTENDO indented into the plastic shell and some bits seem a bit off from others?  The hardware it goes into on the drive will snap down some plastic into those grooves, and if it can't, your game doesn't work.  That's the extent of that, and likely why those fakes there have those holes in the disc in matching specific spots to get around that lockdown.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I can't remember if those disks had artwork. I mean, wasn't the whole point was to go to the kiosk and get a new game written to it?

Yeah they did, but those aren't these.

You will need a special adaptor likely to even read these.

23 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

What exactly did you ask him?

Thanks a lot. It looks like a lot of these are bootlegs, which is pretty cool. Do you know where you got them? Did you print out the artwork for them?

15 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Then again, Hong Kong and mainland China are both inseparable parts of the free country of Taiwan 😛

Dude, the guy looked Asian, I have no idea how to tell the different countries apart. He said he grew up with it and brought it with him when he moved here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Thanks a lot. It looks like a lot of these are bootlegs, which is pretty cool. Do you know where you got them? Did you print out the artwork for them?

Dude, the guy looked Asian, I have no idea how to tell the different countries apart. He said he grew up with it and brought it with him when he moved here.

The artwork was likely done at the shops, they would have had copier Machines and copied games for a few $ each. I have a "catalogue" one guy made for super famicom games he was selling.

That's why I'm interested in that super famicom paper , should you choose to sell it. I'd reckon it's a similar type of item, and so historical value for a guy that collects this sort of stuff is high, since I doubt there's a lot of that stuff still remaining.

About the disks and stuff, the only things that are legit are the machines themselves, and the NES stuff, I'd guess it's also legit.

Did the famicom disk system originally come with an English paper? I'd honestly have to check, but that could possibly be interesting too.

Regarding the country thing, it was made as a joke, as the mainland always uses similar language to refer to Taiwan.

• Like 1

On a different note, Ive seen a lot of *great* bootleg stuff show up in the states from similar situations, Taiwanense or Hong Kong family moving abroad back then. Some really nice items, once I even saw an official Taiwanense sampo famicom TV in Canada on Craigslist or one of those places. Truly amazing stuff.