IGNORED

ok whats is the story on NA dying anyways fill me in please?

Nes Freak

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, Alder said:

I read something about GVN also being acquired, is that true? It would explain why my feedback hasn't been addressed lately.

GoCollect bought GVN yes. To my knowledge nobody is checking the emails that are sent to GVN Support. You'd be better off sending emails to GoCollect asking about it. That said, like NA, they have no plans to my knowledge to update GVN (it'd make no sense to do so - they have their own offering which they've shown off at PRGE).

To be honest, the site lacking needed updates and those keeping it going having their hands tied goes back well before the sale to GoCollect. It just became abundantly clear that nothing was going to change and the community was a complete afterthought. It was time to create a place by and for the community.

1 minute ago, B.A. said:

To be honest, the site lacking needed updates and those keeping it going having their hands tied goes back well before the sale to GoCollect. It just became abundantly clear that nothing was going to change and the community was a complete afterthought. It was time to create a place by and for the community.

"Vintage the way it used to be!"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I guess the simple answer is that there was a lot of disconnect between the new owners and the mods/admins that were volunteering their free time and basically being unable to make needed improvements to the site. 

Lol for there to have been a disconnect new management would have least needed to answer the phone!

I just checked and its up again.

Short and sweet answer is a corporate entity with zero passion for video games purchased the site from Dain with intent to sap it of its resources. All for monetary gain of course.

It appears that now it is being taken out back to be old yeller'd.

Edit: Details added

Edited by Jono1874