IGNORED

what would you pay for a nes test station?

i remember there was a home appliance/nintendo service station in my hometown. this had to be 94'-95' i was 12 and still had my nes frontload i think i got mm6 that year for christmas. my grandpa sent me zelda II. i had never played it before. i had played the original and enjoyed it i prob never beat both quest at this time maybe the first but most likely got to the 7-8 catacomb...

unfortunatley.... or perhaps fortunatley (that game sucks right?...) this copy of zelda II dis not work. grandpa communicated this in the letter. he sent me fames before, dynowarz and xexyz come to mind. games that still hold heavy with me...grandpas 16 gauge too.

anyway i was like ok nintendo service place, in the appliance store, lets see what you got, i know you can fix this sucker. so i go in past the washer and dryers...refridgerators and stoves...to the desk where the nintendo logos are hanging. the service logo shining he might have had one of those bad boy lit up ones...i walk in a daze like this is awesome! my game is as good as fixed!!! i give them the low down. the guy says oh ya lets check it out..... here it is now before my very eyes....the m fu$$ing test machine...oh f ya baby!!!! wooooo!!! lets gooooooooooo!!!! ninrento test machiiiiiiiiiiine!!!! f ya gonna fix my game baby! woo! im excited. guy pops in the game...nothing. blinking.... pops it in...solid black. ok test machine i got this far, lets go! woo! pops it in... solid black..ok ok.. pops it in... solid black..allright play woth the knobs a little bit. push a button or something... nope. thats it. guy says give hime $8-$10 or something. he will semd it somewhere. i said ok. i didnt even habe the $. i left the game there. waited a wek or two for alawance then payed the guy. waited a couple weeks and went back but no game. summer cane and went i forgot. went back and the place was gone.

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

$500 would be my offer, lol.

Me too. I also would have this as a display piece. I know it's worth more than that, but if someone had one for sale, needed money and asked me my personal price, I'd go with $500. I can't swing $2,000 but I think it'd be worth $500 to me.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

Just now, RH said:

Me too. I also would have this as a display piece. I know it's worth that, but if someone had one for sale, needed money and asked me my personal price, I'd go with $500. I can't swing $2,000 but I think it'd be worth $500 to me.

Yeah that's my exact thought process here too.

Anything above $500 and suddenly it becomes a more thought-out purchase (well $500 is a serious purchase for me too, but for something like this, I'd likely consider it).

$2000, for example, nah there's so many other things I'd rather have, and definitely no sense of impulse left for me to grab it without thinking.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RH said:

Me too. I also would have this as a display piece. I know it's worth more than that, but if someone had one for sale, needed money and asked me my personal price, I'd go with $500. I can't swing $2,000 but I think it'd be worth $500 to me.

getting one for 500 would be nothing short of a miracle lol.  when i got mine i paid 650 dollars  in 2008 

23 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i remember there was a home appliance/nintendo service station in my hometown. this had to be 94'-95' i was 12 and still had my nes frontload i think i got mm6 that year for christmas. my grandpa sent me zelda II. i had never played it before. i had played the original and enjoyed it i prob never beat both quest at this time maybe the first but most likely got to the 7-8 catacomb...

unfortunatley.... or perhaps fortunatley (that game sucks right?...) this copy of zelda II dis not work. grandpa communicated this in the letter. he sent me fames before, dynowarz and xexyz come to mind. games that still hold heavy with me...grandpas 16 gauge too.

anyway i was like ok nintendo service place, in the appliance store, lets see what you got, i know you can fix this sucker. so i go in past the washer and dryers...refridgerators and stoves...to the desk where the nintendo logos are hanging. the service logo shining he might have had one of those bad boy lit up ones...i walk in a daze like this is awesome! my game is as good as fixed!!! i give them the low down. the guy says oh ya lets check it out..... here it is now before my very eyes....the m fu$$ing test machine...oh f ya baby!!!! wooooo!!! lets gooooooooooo!!!! ninrento test machiiiiiiiiiiine!!!! f ya gonna fix my game baby! woo! im excited. guy pops in the game...nothing. blinking.... pops it in...solid black. ok test machine i got this far, lets go! woo! pops it in... solid black..ok ok.. pops it in... solid black..allright play woth the knobs a little bit. push a button or something... nope. thats it. guy says give hime $8-$10 or something. he will semd it somewhere. i said ok. i didnt even habe the $. i left the game there. waited a wek or two for alawance then payed the guy. waited a couple weeks and went back but no game. summer cane and went i forgot. went back and the place was gone.

geez...  and it was probably just dirty.  mega man 6  i was late in the nes era  so i was still getting game from it to play around 2002  mm6 was one of those game i got that year for Christmas :P  it was shortly after i started actively collecting games.

4 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

geez...  and it was probably just dirty.  mega man 6  i was late in the nes era  so i was still getting game from it to play around 2002  mm6 was one of those game i got that year for Christmas :P  it was shortly after i started actively collecting games.

wait you got mm6 for christmas 2002?

On 1/21/2021 at 7:28 AM, docile tapeworm said:

wait you got mm6 for christmas 2002?

It's not unusual. I got a garbage bag full of NES games on Christmas of 2000 or 2001.

I would be willing to buy a test station for around 500 bucks at most.

I would actively use it though.  I don't fully know what it does but I think at this point an everdrive and a socketed console with the bottom cut out is just as useful.

Edited by Jono1874

6 hours ago, Jono1874 said:

It's not unusual. I got a garbage bag full of NES games on Christmas of 2000 or 2001.

I would be willing to buy a test station for around 500 bucks at most.

I would actively use it though.  I don't fully know what it does but I think at this point an everdrive and a socketed console with the bottom cut out is just as useful.

interesting how many people said 500   when in reality you probably couldnt get it for under 2000

I'd be comfy at 500 too more or less, NES Freak maybe right, but he's counting on the more money than common sense collectors too.  It's a nice thing to have, but it's not like earth shattering amazing or desirable to most.  I'm not sure exactly I'd go as calling it super rare either.  Didn't basically every so called 'world of nintendo' retailer basically have these that did tests/repairs or mail offs for repair.  They've got to total into the thousands or tens of thousands, though it's impossible to guess for real on that let alone what survived.