IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

28 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Anyone that has been holding since it hit 1 cent a few months ago is in some serious profit right now.

Hell yeah man I got it for around 2.5 cents and couldn't justify not taking the money and running since it was a joke to begin with for me.

I've seen screen shots of people at a million+ in their robinhood account soley from the run dogecoin had over the past 24 hours. Idk how they hold it lol 

42 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Hell yeah man I got it for around 2.5 cents and couldn't justify not taking the money and running since it was a joke to begin with for me.

I've seen screen shots of people at a million+ in their robinhood account soley from the run dogecoin had over the past 24 hours. Idk how they hold it lol 

I saw a bunch of $100k+ screenshots too. I don't think I'd want to hold that much in dogecoin either, but I'd probably leave something in it since the floor does seem to be steadily increasing when it calms down after these runs.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:58 AM, Californication said:

What is your theory on the correlation between tesla and crypto?

No direct correlation, but Tesla is the most prominent business with a lot of skin in the game. It's a tech savvy company with a tech savvy leader, they accept bitcoin as payment for whole cars, and they own at least $1.5 billion dollars in BTC. To the general public, they are the legitimate face of crypto.

On 4/14/2021 at 6:49 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I just stick to bitcoin as a long term hold, so I'm probably going to watch the price action over the next few months. I got most of my 1.61 BTC under $15k, so I don't have a lot of incentive to add to it at $64k.

Personally, I'd just hold what you have until retirement. It should grow to a few hundred thousand dollars and you don't want to be overweight in something that still has a long term question mark. If you want more crypto, I'd recommend ETH or ADA. After I get to about 1 BTC, I'll probably go for 10-20 ETH. Anything after that will go to alt coins. And just to be clear, all this crypto investing is only after I put money into my kids' 529, 401k, and IRA. I consider to be supplemental savings rather than my primary retirement.

On 4/14/2021 at 7:35 AM, Hammerfestus said:

I’ve got a handful of ETC I’ve now nearly doubled my money on.  Was looking to dump it at 25 yesterday but I just missed the brief window.  Today I’m not so sure that’s the right call

ETC has gone crazy lately. I don't know much about it, but I'm a big fan of ETH. I don't think it will ever pass BTC, but once they introduce burning, it could realistically make its way to 20k in the next 5 years.

On 4/14/2021 at 10:21 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Doge is up big again 🐶

I put $100 into DOGE about a month ago for shits and giggles and sold for $536 today. Nothing like free meme money.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Alright.  Yall wanna school a crypto noob please? What platform do you trade on?  Should I expect fees?  Are you buying Bit, Ether, Doge, etc?  Time to cut some teeth.

I started on Kraken but I'm thinking of moving to Coinbase, it seems better. I buy / sell $100 worth of cryptocurrency and it costs me about $1.30 each time.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Personally, I'd just hold what you have until retirement. It should grow to a few hundred thousand dollars and you don't want to be overweight in something that still has a long term question mark. If you want more crypto, I'd recommend ETH or ADA. After I get to about 1 BTC, I'll probably go for 10-20 ETH. Anything after that will go to alt coins. And just to be clear, all this crypto investing is only after I put money into my kids' 529, 401k, and IRA. I consider to be supplemental savings rather than my primary retirement.

I'm in no hurry to buy more at $60k+. I'm already way ahead from getting most of my bitcoin under $15k and while I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit $100k by the end of the year, I don't see it going up 4-5x in a few months again. 

12 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Alright.  Yall wanna school a crypto noob please? What platform do you trade on?  Should I expect fees?  Are you buying Bit, Ether, Doge, etc?  Time to cut some teeth.

If you want something easy to buy and hold, you can use PayPal although they have pretty limited offerings. If you want more options, you can set up a Coinbase account in a few minutes and it's pretty easy to navigate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If you want something easy to buy and hold, you can use PayPal although they have pretty limited offerings. If you want more options, you can set up a Coinbase account in a few minutes and it's pretty easy to navigate.

PayPal Cryptocurrency is only available in the USA currently.

Dood.  What a disappointing night.  Oh well dumped my ETC @ 41.  I was pretty pessimistic about that one from the start.  Still a tidy profit.  I always meant to put that money into ETH when things looked favorable.  I guess this would be it.  Set a couple buy limits for ETH on the way down.

11 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Dood.  What a disappointing night.  Oh well dumped my ETC @ 41.  I was pretty pessimistic about that one from the start.  Still a tidy profit.  I always meant to put that money into ETH when things looked favorable.  I guess this would be it.  Set a couple buy limits for ETH on the way down.

ETH under $2000 does seem like a good time to buy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Okay, which one of you sold $7.5 billion worth of bitcoin overnight and tanked the price down to $51k?

This is why I feel like anyone confident holding dogecoin is crazy. Something like +60% of the available coins are held in less than 15 wallets. All it takes is for one or two of those people to sell out and the coin goes back to a penny

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

This is why I feel like anyone confident holding dogecoin is crazy. Something like +60% of the available coins are held in less than 15 wallets. All it takes is for one or two of those people to sell out and the coin goes back to a penny

I'm honestly surprised none of them did cash out this week. 

Great buying opportunity right now. I may hit my Bitcoin investing goal this weekend. After that I'll probably not touch it until retirement. I still plan to buy ETH at least once per month and some alt coins intermittently, but I'll mostly be back to stocks after that.

I also grabbed some LINK and DOT today to diversify.

Edited by DoctorEncore

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Great buying opportunity right now. I may hit my Bitcoin investing goal this weekend. After that I'll probably not touch it until retirement. I still plan to buy ETH at least once per month and some alt coins intermittently, but I'll mostly be back to stocks after that.

I also grabbed some LINK and DOT today to diversify.

Are you still going for 1 bitcoin? I wouldn't mind having two, but I'm also fairly satisfied with where I'm at.