IGNORED

Backloggery?

SilverspoonGaming

I really enjoy the simplicity of Backloggery. It's a pain to enter your collection from scratch the first time you use it, but once you've done that, it's smooth sailing and super quick just adding each new game on its own as it comes in. I've had a lot of fun writing byte-sized reviews in each games' comments as I finish them.

It's also very deliberate that they didn't tie their system to a database, as explained many times by the founders. It makes for a much snappier experience overall (except for first time adding of a huge collection, ofc). It's also conducive to adding stuff like the huge amount of variants out there, that's never included in any sort of library apps. Cataloging all that stuff in a central database is such an unfeasible task at this point. Not even huge catalog sites like blu-ray.com or Discogs manage to do it in a less than okay-ish way - and even those are missing a LOT of variants within their respective medium.

The fact that you can easily customize your Backloggery homepage to whichever beautiful or hideous design you so happen to like - is great.

I get it if some don't like it. But I've tried all other viable alternatives, and there's no contest in my book. It's also makes for a neat little signature here on VGS, as you can see below.

Fun fact: Marc "Try4ce" Duddleson from My Life in Gaming is one of the two founders.

Edited by ifightdragons
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted

FYI, the dev of Backloggery is working on a revamp of the site. It's coming along and looking quite nice based on what he's shared. It should be noted that Covid set him back a bit, and he codes using his voice (can't use his hands due to disability), so it's a slow burn.

I still use the site, and I am really looking forward to the new version of the site (which will retain your current data, as well as add new features). 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
8 minutes ago, Webhead123 said:

Speaking of which, I've been trying to figure out how to do that again but I can't seem to. What's the trick?

Backloggery currently only provides a BBCode solution. What you need to do on here instead is this:

1) Right click and copy the image address for your signature image:

image.png

2) Paste that into your VGS signature:

image.png

3) Double-click the pasted image:

image.png

4) Enter the URL for your personal Backloggery in Link URL:

image.png

And you should be good to go!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

FYI, the dev of Backloggery is working on a revamp of the site. It's coming along and looking quite nice based on what he's shared. It should be noted that Covid set him back a bit, and he codes using his voice (can't use his hands due to disability), so it's a slow burn.

I still use the site, and I am really looking forward to the new version of the site (which will retain your current data, as well as add new features). 

Are you hinting at another corporate buyout?

• Haha 1

I was so dissapointed with Backloggery that I just went back to using a notepad on my phone lol. 

We need a site like Letterboxd. That site really nailed it for movies. I use the diary feature all the time which logs what date you watched it. The site also really encourages you to discover new movies and finish your backlog in your "Watchlist". It has a very active community of reviewers. Someone needs to build a site for videogames based off Letterboxd. 

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, acromite53 said:

I was so dissapointed with Backloggery that I just went back to using a notepad on my phone lol. 

We need a site like Letterboxd. That site really nailed it for movies. I use the diary feature all the time which logs what date you watched it. The site also really encourages you to discover new movies and finish your backlog in your "Watchlist". It has a very active community of reviewers. Someone needs to build a site for videogames based off Letterboxd. 

I think a feature that would be cool is "times played", considering how often we all replay some games. 

Heck y'all are making me wanna revisit my personal backlog site project. 

Editorials Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, acromite53 said:

backloggd appears to be just that

• Thanks 1

Ive been usung Backloggery alot lately to keep myself motivated to actually play my games. Ive been taking each console and doing a randomizer on the game list and whatever is at the top is the next one I play on that console. I mark each of those as "currently playing" on the site and that's my list to play until I can move on to the next group. Its a simple site and works well not sure what else is really needed. The only thing I could think of would be for it to display the date at which you checked you added it to your list and the date you beat/completed it. If that is somewhere I don't know about it. So I just put down the date I beat it in the notes section 

57 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Ive been usung Backloggery alot lately to keep myself motivated to actually play my games. Ive been taking each console and doing a randomizer on the game list and whatever is at the top is the next one I play on that console. I mark each of those as "currently playing" on the site and that's my list to play until I can move on to the next group. Its a simple site and works well not sure what else is really needed. The only thing I could think of would be for it to display the date at which you checked you added it to your list and the date you beat/completed it. If that is somewhere I don't know about it. So I just put down the date I beat it in the notes section 

Got a link so we can follow your progress?