IGNORED

Where to get rid of exclusive games??

JVOSS

Good Day All,

I don't generally "sale" anything and wanted to see what is the best market to sale.  If its not here then where?

For example I have this game I don't know what it is 😜. 

Would putting in on EBay, HA or would a 2 week auction be the best? 

I mean this is a very exclusive GB for anyone to own 😜.  and don't be that guy you know what i mean....

Edited by JVOSS
changed title updated question

• The title was changed to Where to get rid of this exclusive game??

@RH, the value is truly in the eyes of the buyer.  I could ask for $2000 and never get a look but i put it at $2 people would ask what's wrong with this.  Then there are the 90% of people just flat out say its a fake or some stuff like that. 

It was like the reaction I got when I put the others for free.   how do I price something like this.  To me it's almost in the realm of SE,  but nowhere near the popularity of ownership.  Even though it is a USA Cart.

90% of the gb collectors don't care to look at it as its not a cib so were is the value?

the current influx of money caused by covid 19 has just killed the market as people have to much disposable income from not paying rent to the added 1200 to the Unemployment checks.  it will take years for the market to correct itself and the "Will i got this for 300 and i want 1200 just cause person" or the shop owner saying i cant sale you that for that price. Correction.  oops i get off the rant now.

but really @RH what is a fare value for this?  PM that data not setting markets here with this question...

6 hours ago, JVOSS said:

I have this game I don't know what it is . 

1 hour ago, JVOSS said:

copy no but it is a Brazilian version.

1 hour ago, JVOSS said:

Brazilian version.

59 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

this is one of the 26 region codes for gameboy and gameboy color.

@Code Monkey in the complex world of game boy and game boy game collecting there are 26 regions to be collected and 99.99999999999% of game collectors who identify themselves as a gameboy collector, don't know what this is and how to value it. I simply help.  As stated in the op i don't sale games and am looking for a ideal where to sale games as an EXAMPLE i use the Pokemon yellow to see how many of "that guy" will respond.  "that guy" is the 99.999999% GB collectors.  i was hoping that @RH, @Splain, @Galdius would hopefully chime in and give an ideal of where the best place to sale an exclusive GB game like the one presented and possibly educate a few along the way such as you. 

19 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

@Code Monkey in the complex world of game boy and game boy game collecting there are 26 regions to be collected and 99.99999999999% of game collectors who identify themselves as a gameboy collector, don't know what this is and how to value it. I simply help.  As stated in the op i don't sale games and am looking for a ideal where to sale games as an EXAMPLE i use the Pokemon yellow to see how many of "that guy" will respond.  "that guy" is the 99.999999% GB collectors.  i was hoping that @RH, @Splain, @Galdius would hopefully chime in and give an ideal of where the best place to sale an exclusive GB game like the one presented and possibly educate a few along the way such as you. 

I'm probably one of the largest variant collectors in the country, but educate me, oh wise one.

Which guy are you talking about? Are you saying you wanted the uninformed collector to come here and tell you your game is worthless because they don't know it's a variant? I don't get it, you want misinformation?

You also are saying that 1 in 1,000,000,000,000 people don't understand your level of knowledge on these variants. There aren't that many people in the world. Are you the 1 guy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm probably one of the largest variant collectors in the country, but educate me, oh wise one.

Which guy are you talking about? Are you saying you wanted the uninformed collector to come here and tell you your game is worthless because they don't know it's a variant? I don't get it, you want misinformation?

So if your one of the "largest variant collectors" why do you keep saying the one's i post asking for identification or help are fake?  by your personal account you know about this variant and can help provide a value for this game or even the other variants. am i wrong?

13 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I don't get it, you want misinformation?

misinformation is steel information. and helping that person understand why the information they provided was misinformation will in general lead to better information dissemination.

such as you next time you see a game such as the Pokemon with the large L you will think "that game could be the Brazilian game"

o we using real stats then. ill say 99.8% or 4 in 1919 people will know what is being talked about. and now maybe 5 in 1919 will know what is being talked about.

16 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

misinformation is steel information. and helping that person understand why the information they provided was misinformation will in general lead to better information dissemination.

such as you next time you see a game such as the Pokemon with the large L you will think "that game could be the Brazilian game"

o we using real stats then. ill say 99.8% or 4 in 1919 people will know what is being talked about. and now maybe 5 in 1919 will know what is being talked about.

Okay, but then @Code Monkey's question is still valid. Why did you come in here saying you have no idea what this was, but then it turns out you already know exactly what it was?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I've found out long ago that this sort of stuff is very niche. Many won't have a clue what it is, how rare if is, etc. Any even those that do, as it is niche , scoring three or more figures can be quite a challenge.

yep but what is a fare market value. i know that 2000 is never a price but is 10 or 100 over fare value?

but is this really a niche market?  or is it part of a larger set?

8 hours ago, JVOSS said:

Good Day All,

I don't generally "sale" anything and wanted to see what is the best market to sale.  If its not here then where?

For example I have this game I don't know what it is 😜. 

Would putting in on EBay, HA or would a 2 week auction be the best? 

You come here asking what seems to be a straightforward question about where's best to sell the game. The leading post seems earnest. The sarcasm or wit you are trying to express doesn't scan.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Why not put it to auction and see where it ends up? 

Things like this are hard to know the real value for the reasons @fcgamer mentioned. 

Rare doesn’t always equal mega bucks.

true on the "rare doesn't always equal mega bucks." not looking to make a million just looking for the best and honest market value.  an auction is a good way but is ebay a good place or is HA better i know Facebook is the least likest place to put something like this for sale. 

would wata grade this? 

7 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

yep but what is a fare market value. i know that 2000 is never a price but is 10 or 100 over fare value?

Well you need to ask yourself a few things:

1. Is the game actually rare, or just rare for people in our region to obtain? For example, Tetris ROC version is harder to find for folks outside of Taiwan, and of course it would have a much smaller print run than the American version; however, I wouldn't call it truly rare. On the other hand, Taiwan SML actually does seem to be quite rare, even at the source.

2. How many folks are collecting this stuff? Again, CHN region seems to be all the rage to collect, thus higher prices. But are many people actually collecting this particular region of games? Either within or outside of its country of origin?

3. By taking 1 and 2 into consideration, you can arrive at point three, how much to charge for it. I have tons of carts I refuse to sell, simply because they are actually rare, and the demand people have for them is not nearly equal to the rarity and thus the money I'd personally want to get from them (for some games, maybe low three figures, not even talking about stupid prices.

So you think about the initial points, from there you can somewhat come to a conclusion on a selling price and "value"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

To actually answer your question, @fcgamer is right, this sort of thing is WAY too niche to attract the sort of demand from several interested buyers who would pay big bucks. I'd imagine putting it on eBay it'd get lost in the shuffle. Listing it for sale on HA would only be possible if the game was graded and it was accepted as part of a consignment, which would end up costing a lot in fees...

I reckon finding a buyer who you think might be interested in this kind of variant and approaching them directly would be best. Otherwise, just advertise it here and if someone is that interested they'll come to you.

• Like 1