IGNORED

Where to get rid of exclusive games??

JVOSS

• The title was changed to Where to get rid of exclusive games??

@RH, your statement is a good way to understand the "value" as for cost.

@fcgamer, is a way to look as for personal value..

12 hours ago, OptOut said:

Listing it for sale on HA would only be possible if the game was graded and it was accepted as part of a consignment, which would end up costing a lot in fees...

as for best place to list @OptOut's is the better answer. 

Edited by JVOSS

Editorials Team · Posted

I've sold stuff on reddit before, but it's all casuals who will only buy for rock-bottom prices. Premium items do not sell there, but r/gameboy has a decently active Discord where there are some collectors, I guess you could raise it up the flagpole there. On NA/VGS is where you'll find people who better understand the value of rare games (and basic principles of buying/selling in general) and won't complain if you list it for a high price on a FS page. If you're trying to sell quickly, you might do a Dutch auction or something. Or, VGS has an auction page.

If I were you I'd do ebay though. Yeah, the fees are super annoying, but that gives you the best chance of finding the person who's willing to pay the highest for it. And maybe that will help offset the fees. 🙄

11 hours ago, VegaVegas said:

What's the point of this thread?? Have you actually tried to search the source of this cart, in this case, Brazil?? Here's some Brazillian OLX listing:

https://sc.olx.com.br/florianopolis-e-regiao/videogames/fita-gameboy-pokemon-edicao-especial-pikachu-809088026

It is listed for 100R$ which is around ~20USD. I would guess you can list it on feebay for 50USD and ship to worldwide and if it doesn't sell then keep lowering the price until you sell it. That's it

So now we have something to work with. About $20, although to be fair that particular copy appears to be in substantially better shape than that of the OP. Like many "rare" video games, I think you get top dollar only if the game is highly coveted, as noted by RH, or if it's rare an sealed you might be able to attract enough interest. Interesting thread!

18 minutes ago, avatar! said:

So now we have something to work with. About $20, although to be fair that particular copy appears to be in substantially better shape than that of the OP. Like many "rare" video games, I think you get top dollar only if the game is highly coveted, as noted by RH, or if it's rare an sealed you might be able to attract enough interest. Interesting thread!

however the one you point out is not validated as a true Brazilian game.  there are other things that validate the game as a "True Brazilian Game" as apposed to Brazilian Game..

23 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

however the one you point out is not validated as a true Brazilian game.  there are other things that validate the game as a "True Brazilian Game" as apposed to Brazilian Game..

No offence, but I don't see your game as "validated" either.

Now, you could say you validated it yourself, but unless you have some unique qualifications that would universally grant you some authority, I fail to see how one is better than the other.

1 minute ago, JVOSS said:

@OptOut and @avatar! once you do your research come back and ask the question again. 

Those are fair questions. You're the one who is trying to sell this game and told us this is extremely rare and then said that the game which VegaVegas found and appears identical to yours is "not validated as a true Brazilian game" -what does that even mean? Why is your copy valuable? It's your responsibility to prove this to us, not the other way around.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

@OptOut and @avatar! once you do your research come back and ask the question again. 

THIS GUY! 🤣

You are a TREASURE dude, never change!

"I think I have something special here guys, but I don't know what do YOU reckon?"

"Um... Guys you have incorrectly identified how special my game is, this is why..."

"So now we all know how special my game is (and by extension how great I am) NOW can you guys tell me I'm great and offer me a ton of money for it?"

"Well, okay it's not worth THAT much, but we can at least all agree it's special?!"

"Well, okay it's not special, but can we at least all agree that I'M special?!!!!"

Seriously. That's what you sound like, lololololol! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Those are fair questions. You're the one who is trying to sell this game and told us this is extremely rare and then said that the game which VegaVegas found and appears identical to yours is "not validated as a true Brazilian game" -what does that even mean? Why is your copy valuable? It's your responsibility to prove this to us, not the other way around.

@avatar! all sorts of wrongs there.  read op then come back to as your questions.

1 minute ago, OptOut said:

THIS GUY! 🤣

You are a TREASURE dude, never change!

"I think I have something special here guys, but I don't know what do YOU reckon?"

"Um... Guys you have incorrectly identified how special my game is, this is why..."

"So now we all know how special my game is (and by extension how great I am) NOW can you guys tell me I'm great and offer me a ton of money for it?"

"Well, okay it's not worth THAT much, but we can at least all agree it's special?!"

"Well, okay it's not special, but can we at least all agree that I'M special?!!!!"

Seriously. That's what you sound like, lololololol! 🤣🤣🤣

again reread the op then come back to your question.  a challenge is good and welcomed you should know what your talking about before mocking the info.. 

but hay to each your own. 

4 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

again reread the op then come back to your question.  a challenge is good and welcomed you should know what your talking about before mocking the info.. 

but hay to each your own. 

You have given us exactly ZERO info.

I am not mocking your information, I am mocking YOU!

Either tell us what we want to know about your ratty little Gameboy game and stop acting like a pretentious primadona, or lock the damn thread, because that's the only other way I can see this ending tbh...

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

8 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

@avatar! all sorts of wrongs there.  read op then come back to as your questions.

I have no interest in getting into some weird debate here - which is where things appear to be heading. So I'll reiterate what I said one last time

--You're the seller, proving anything is your responsibility and you made quite a few claims.

--If you want anyone, on here or on ebay to consider the item, again you need to prove the rarity and value.

That's all. I think people here have been pretty accommodating and just asking logical questions. If you want to reply to my message like you did the others and basically say "you're wrong, go find out" I would say don't bother - you're not adding to the conversation. At any rate, I don't foresee myself discussing this anymore.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

23 hours ago, Jicsan said:

@Galdius is in Brazil.  Maybe he can give some idea of how rare that Pokemon game is in its country of origin. 

As @VegaVegassaid, you can find it for reasonably cheap if you only want a loose copy. Also, it isn't hard to find. It goes from R$120-180 (US$22-33). If it were a CIB copy, then it would go for a lot more but I think it would be around US$100-120.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is with all the vagueness?  AFAIK we're a community who SHARE information because we're mostly friendly to each other and help in our own little quests.  I'm no genius but i've given as much interesting info as I thought I found to the people here.  If you're guarding information, then, I'd put you in the camp of someone that just wants to take advantage of that monetarily or elsewise.

• Like 2

Here is all I can say.

1) You are showing a loose/incomplete niche collectible. With the right buyer its value would be 1.5x to 2x what a North American variant would cost if it was in the very same condition. Maybe more if you found that one buyer who has spent a very long time hunting it down and is willing to pay a premium (~5x). Beyond that since it is super-niche, there is not a strong market out there. And I am somebody that tends to gravitate towards Japanese games.

2) Pokemon does not hold the same levels as it once did in today's market. Which goes back to statement #1. So if you are willing to take what you can get your best bet is eBay, and following that up with an auction. Calculate how much much each game has sold for and divide that by 50% (25% if needed) as your starting bid.

3) Also note that "OP" means "Opening Post" and not what you have your title be. The whole thing has me feel like you are asking people to read the title, not the post below the title. One of the biggest rules in making a sale is the same as running a business, and that requires clear communication with respect on your end. This is one of those things that has me put up my guard when looking for anything on eBay, etc. That is all I will say on that. 😷

Overall... I have said what I have said. So if you need to respond, please eat a Snickers before you do.

• Like 1