IGNORED

Somewhat Complete list of Game Boy(DMG) Tetris Variants

JVOSS

15 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Fyi you can upload more than one pic at a time, you're just limited to ~5mb per post. That said, when you upload images, they get compressed for viewing on the forum, so if it's the case that you're posting ~5mb images one at a time, I might suggest uploading smaller images instead so you can do multiple at once.

Alternatively you can use a service like IMGUR, which would allow you to add as many images as you like to your post.

Wow I just assumed it did not compress the pics. Thank you for the info! I am legit new to this forum and did not know 🙂 I seen 3.9mb per pic and thought well looks to be one at a time -_-

20230815_195105_HDR.jpg

20230815_195051.jpg

51 minutes ago, Rheinhold said:

OSQ? TM? If referring to the stamp in part... I can not see in any light any type of endention on the front of the case. May have worn off over the years 😞

need a better picture of front label.

OSQ = OFFICIAL SEAL OF QUALITY

TM=TRADEMARK
read more over at

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

need a better picture of front label.

OSQ = OFFICIAL SEAL OF QUALITY

TM=TRADEMARK
read more over at

Duh! sorry I just wasn't thinking of the OSC as Official Seal and the TM as tread mark. I thought it was a secret area on the board. But hope these are good pics of the areas in question.

20230815_211329.jpg

20230815_210354_HDR.jpg

Edited by Rheinhold
Better seal pic

56 minutes ago, Rheinhold said:

Duh! sorry I just wasn't thinking of the OSC as Official Seal and the TM as tread mark. I thought it was a secret area on the board. But hope these are good pics of the areas in question.

@Rheinhold it's only one area that it being talked about.  the OSQ...  here is the example using SS..

Tetris is one of the harder cart to see the TM on the OSQ.  but it is there.  you might have to move it around in good lighting.  the one i have is more like a blob but compared to the (R) it is easy to see...  as your board is the earliest board i would make the claim that someone did a switch if you see the (R)

DMG-SS-USA.png.c8444c07406404c13255ae2141409cbd.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

@Rheinhold it's only one area that it being talked about.  the OSQ...  here is the example using SS..

Tetris is one of the harder cart to see the TM on the OSQ.  but it is there.  you might have to move it around in good lighting.  the one i have is more like a blob but compared to the (R) it is easy to see...  as your board is the earliest board i would make the claim that someone did a switch if you see the (R)

DMG-SS-USA.png.c8444c07406404c13255ae2141409cbd.png

I do not see anything on the bottom right of the seal. I tried to get a pic with a magnifier lens... it is was not fun holding and taking a pic lol but I do not see any R or evidence of any tampering. I got this with the Gameboy while growing up and well... I wish I still had the black bag with all of my games 😞 But their is no R so???

Pic without lens. And I do not see any evidence of a R or TM...

20230815_210450.jpg

Edited by Rheinhold
Additional information

10 minutes ago, Rheinhold said:

I do not see anything on the bottom right of the seal. I tried to get a pic with a magnifier lens... it is was not fun holding and taking a pic lol but I do not see any R or evidence of any tampering. I got this with the Gameboy while growing up and well... I wish I still had the black bag with all of my games 😞 But their is no R so???

Pic without lens. And I do not see any evidence of a R or TM...

20230815_210450.jpg

yep the offset printing on some of the carts are just horrific this is one example of bad printing.  for referencing for later viewing.  the tm is located just to the right of the "y" in Quality on the outside of the star.  sometimes the location will be very visible.  like this..  your tetris will be more like the one on the left... but some time all you will see is the very very very very very very faint outlining  of the circle in (R).367492670_122100355658006231_8853728164207673736_n.jpg.4d711691e1fa505fe47527fe5fbc0372.jpg

Edited by JVOSS

if you play around with the magifine glass and light you might get a view of the "GOLD" blob that look like horizontal line or the "TM"...  the (R) you would more then likely see the R only or a blob that is vertical.

my camera is can get good enough pic but one ebay there are some good examples of the "R" so you can use that as a reference...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JVOSS said:

if you play around with the magifine glass and light you might get a view of the "GOLD" blob that look like horizontal line or the "TM"...  the (R) you would more then likely see the R only or a blob that is vertical.

my camera is can get good enough pic but one ebay there are some good examples of the "R" so you can use that as a reference...

I took glasses off and got close to my eye with lens. It is their but can not make it out aside for it is bigger then a single letter! lol So this is a TM variant. 🙂 

The positioning is bad as it is in the dark area of the . . . I think its the Rhode Island Z . . . Not 100% sure 

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, Pichaco said:

Hi everyone! Here is a possible new variant of Tetris USA...

only ONE dash 🧐

It may be a simple misprint or maybe the dash has been erased with time 🤔 

Edited by Ulrizza

45 minutes ago, Ulrizza said:

It may be a simple misprint or maybe the dash has been erased with time 🤔 

Well, if you go back and slog through this thread, I always speculated that the no-dashes were print errors.  The text was already thin and I kind of assumed when the ink was running a bit thin, those lines simply didn't print on the no-dash variants.

That wouldn't fit this copy though.  Clearly, there's one dash, but not the other.

Just now, Splain said:

WHAT

just destroy it and we'll pretend we didn't see it!

Dude, I'm SO glad I stopped taking variant collecting serious and became casual about it.  That fake/real/GOD ONLY KNOWS Black Killer Instint kept me up waaaaaaaay to many nights!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RH said:

Dude, I'm SO glad I stopped taking variant collecting serious and became casual about it.  That fake/real/GOD ONLY KNOWS Black Killer Instint kept me up waaaaaaaay to many nights!

@RH and this one dose not?

yellow tetris.jpg

• Wow! 1

17 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

Resized_20210506_143848_6193.jpeg

Ok, wait a second.  Is that the original one that started the discussions from years ago?  I recall that the label looked to be damaged on one corner so it was assumed it was a a label swap.  Yours does have label damage but not in a corner, which is typical of someone trying to remove the label to put it on another cartridge.  This thing might be for real?!

If it is, I wonder if these were NFRs?