IGNORED

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game Complete Edition

SpoonMan Abrams X

Surprised there hasn't been any talk of this.

Ehk8K8OXkAEgsRE?format=jpg&name=large

Thoughts/Opinions on Ubisoft itself aside, I am really glad to see this game make a return. It is an underrated/underappreciated gem of a game, one of the best RPG Beat Em Ups I've played. Will definitely have to pick it up at some point, on Switch or more likely PC.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

since it was digital rental only and just legally speaking lost

Nah, it was just a regular XBLA (and probably PSN?) release like so much else. It's still perfectly playable on my Xbox 360. You just couldn't purchase it any longer.

It's not that great a game though. It's enjoyable enough, and I'd recommend it to fans of River City Ransom (definitely more so than the recent shoddy 3DS sequels), but I guess the fact that it got delisted gave it a bit more notoriety.

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

This was that one game people got pissed about pretty bad some years back for being delisted since it was digital rental only and just legally speaking lost.  Right?

Is it digital again or is there an actual real release as I'd think anyone salty about it from back then would prefer it.

It was a PSN/XBLA only title as @Sumezsaid. It was eventually delisted a few years after release (2014 iirc) and wasn't purchasable anymore, as the license or w/e ran out which was the case with a gazillion PSN/XBLA games at the time. You could still play it if you owned it and even still download it technically (I had it on my 360)

This also happened to DuckTales Remastered when Disney pulled it from everywhere, including Steam IIRC.  Of course, it caused the price of the physical release of that one to triple. Compared to the original, I think DuckTales was considered t be just ok.  I never got it since I didn't own a PS3 or Xbox 360, but I was interested in giving it a try.

Anywho, if Scott Pilgrim get's a physical release, I could be interested if it's a cheaper title in the $30 range.  This one seemed interesting to me too.

12 hours ago, RH said:

This also happened to DuckTales Remastered when Disney pulled it from everywhere, including Steam IIRC.  Of course, it caused the price of the physical release of that one to triple. Compared to the original, I think DuckTales was considered t be just ok.  I never got it since I didn't own a PS3 or Xbox 360, but I was interested in giving it a try.

Anywho, if Scott Pilgrim get's a physical release, I could be interested if it's a cheaper title in the $30 range.  This one seemed interesting to me too.

Don’t forget about the Wii U release of duck tales  🤓

Edited by phart010

13 hours ago, RH said:

Unless it spiked again, prices on that one have come back down to earth.

I had Duck Tales on that lousy WiiU, still have the PIN as I kept that even after dumping it along side the turd.  I did grab it on Steam though so it's on my account and while it's pretty nice, it's not anywhere near as fun as the original.  They padded out some stuff and expanded a few areas in ways that really take away from the original experience to the point it's a mix of decent stuff to just grating and annoying questioning why it was added.

I'm thinking while I've never seen the movie or books(well seen, never bought) I'd probably enjoy the Scott Pilgrim game due to the style it is in but I'd totally seal the deal with a physical release (LRG???)

• 11 months later...

I finally opened mine and tried it out. The game was mediocre, moving around the screen took forever and many of the controls felt unresponsive. I finally got to the elevator stage, beet that, got to the 7th Evil Ex-Boyfriend, beat him, then beat his second phase, then died on the following stage and had to go all the way back to the elevator again! Fuck that, this one's staying incomplete and I'm moving on to another game.