IGNORED

New Game & Watch release, Super Mario Bros.

cartman

As a throwback to older days Nintendo will be releasing a G&W Super Mario Bros. same as the NES version in full color. Also included will be the Jap SMB2/"Lost Levels" that never got a Western release back in the day and the G&W game "Ball" but with a Mario character on the screen.

Releasedate 13 Nov. and will cost 50$.

Is it good or is it shite what do you think?

I'm in, been since I saw it and what was on there.  I'd definitely put the use into it, at least the main game and the Mario the Juggler G&W conversion too.  I never liked SMB2j a lot, not so much the challenge, but I detest those random wind stages and a few other screwball random mechanics.  I wish I could get two, just to keep one safe long term.

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'm in, been since I saw it and what was on there.  I'd definitely put the use into it, at least the main game and the Mario the Juggler G&W conversion too.  I never liked SMB2j a lot, not so much the challenge, but I detest those random wind stages and a few other screwball random mechanics.  I wish I could get two, just to keep one safe long term.

I believe it's a conversion of the very first Game & Watch Ball, not Mario the Juggler. They replaced Mr. Game & Watch with Mario.

1 hour ago, bowser said:

I believe it's a conversion of the very first Game & Watch Ball, not Mario the Juggler. They replaced Mr. Game & Watch with Mario.

Yes but wasn't Mario the Juggler basically just Ball with Mario art replaced in there?  I guess they could halfass it and just have Mario's head on Mr Game & Watch while keeping the no background style of Ball there.  It wouldn't make a lot of sense but maybe they did, and one of those dozens of hidden eggs is the right background.  Guess we find out in two months.

Hopefully they get their FCC approval soon. This is directly from the Nintendo website:

This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission.
This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.