IGNORED

What video games have been made into movies?

JVOSS

Editorials Team · Posted
On 8/23/2020 at 2:27 AM, OptOut said:

I thought DOA: Dead or Alive was quite entertaining in a sort of cheesy B-movie kind of way. A lot of fun with a few beers and a few friends!

Plus, Holly Valance in her prime flinging herself around whilst wearing very little... woah! 😍

I read that as 'fingering herself' and tried to imagine you watching it with the wife and kids

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Super Hornio Brothers

Super Hornio Brothers 2

Super Barrio Brothers

Princess of Persia

Cara Loft: Womb Raider

Biocock: Infinite

Call of Booty: Modern Whorefare

This Ain't L'Empereur XXX

ok, I made the last one up but I'd totally watch that

ahhhhhhhh i have noting here....

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I honestly can't think of a good video game movie that I've seen. I guess the Street Fighter II animated movie wasn't bad.

Sonic was good. A couple of the Resident Evils were good. Final Fantasy was okay.

Super Mario Bros is a "so bad it's good" kind of movie.

Edited by Tulpa

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within you kind of have to take it in context. When it came out, no one had ever attempted a photo-realistic fully CGI movie, and that was probably the best you could do in 2001. It was pretty mindblowing for the time, but it's kind of showing its age today. But it's not terrible.

13 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within you kind of have to take it in context. When it came out, no one had ever attempted a photo-realistic fully CGI movie, and that was probably the best you could do in 2001. It was pretty mindblowing for the time, but it's kind of showing its age today. But it's not terrible.

I didn't look bad from what I remember, I just never saw it.

7 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Oh yeah! There's a Mega Man movie.  It's fantastic.

They also did a Sonic Fan Film.... which wasn't as good.

I remember this as back in the day ScrewAttack and Eddie Lebron/Blue Core Studios had some sort of working relationship going forward with this. Least in the g1 community there was a lot of hype (the Mega Man fan film I believe also "debuted" or something on SA? @fox might remember)

Anyway I just remember that this movie kinda failed to catch any momentum, unlike the Mega Man one which kinda came outta no where. Also notable is the plethora of cameos in it including James Rolfe (AVGN), Doug Walker (Nostalgia Critic), Brent Black (brentalfloss) and Arin Hanson (Egoraptor, who also was the voice of the ending tease). Also notable for Jaleel White voicing Sonic.

Not the worst thing ever but still not particularly great, also doesn't hold a candle to the actual Sonic the Hedgehog movie

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1