IGNORED

Dispatch Games Radirgy Swag/Crusin Mix update 4/15/2023

1 minute ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Did you check the thing that was posted in the original reddit link? Theguy did some research and found out that Ready to Dispatch had their headquarters put up for sale in march and sold recently. That may a non issue and they were moving to a different location but that in combination with their lack of communication and general lack of anything might mean they already took off

Yea saw that, but I don’t think selling the headquarters is a dealbreaker. That could mean a number of things. With these small limited release companies, the biggest hurdle is coming up with the capital to be able to place a manufacturing order with Nintendo. They may be trying to recoup some cash so they afford to place an order. Could be cutting costs by moving to a smaller location due to people working remote. Or they could be slowly winding the business down for closure as the Reddit post suggested. 

When businesses are having difficulties, they always keep quiet as they are trying to come up with solutions. They want people to remain confident in them, it’s all part of brand imaging. They will only announce the bad news when it is clear that they are in corner and there is absolutely no way out.

I think we’ll eventually here back from them, hopefully with some positive news.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shmup said:

I received a few orders I had with them recently so they’re still around just very slow. I have cancelled things with them before and they do it instantly no questions asked. You should do that and buy the one Reed linked. I have ordered the deluxe version so I’ll be waiting it out.

In regards to dispatch games, I’m glad I cancelled my pre order ages ago. Just had a bad feeling about them.

@Reed Rothchild Thanks and Shmup too.  Figures it's on amazon with an order like what 3 weeks out now.  I didn't know they allowed it, LRG are pretty rotten about such things.  I just emailed them my original 7-8mo old SLG order number from them, gave my name, location, price, and paypal address I did the payment off it.  I hope they just refund it.  At this rate I may do what Reed said, or I just may just blow it off as their handling of that demotivated me largely to care as it's not like I don't have Cotton on my NGPC and SNES via flash kit anyway.  I'll put up with LRG, they may take a long time, but they have a hard window to pre-order, then they get on it.  SLG though, I think they just leave people hanging however long it takes for their pre-sell totals to run out 100%, so if it takes 1mo or 1year they don't care.  I do.  They're still selling it on their site as they haven't moved all their copies.

• The title was changed to Did anyone order Radirgy Swag or Crusin Mix from Dispatch Games? (new update 7/1)

For people who want to read it here on VGS:

D87CFE57-D6CD-4048-AADE-6C130BB98517.jpeg.4e576851b6b836392243f70c2d44e995.jpeg

Obviously sounds like they are a very small company, maybe just 1 guy. My guess is the person in charge is very technical or business savvy, but lacks marketing awareness.

They need to hire a marketing person to get an idea of how the company is perceived and to address this via more frequent communications. It sounds like they may be ok business-wise for now, but if they don’t address the marketing issues right away, they may get more order cancellations and then business will start suffering 

Edited by phart010

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Did anyone order Radirgy Swag or Crusin Mix from Dispatch Games? (update 9/17/21)
  • The title was changed to Did anyone order Radirgy Swag or Crusin Mix from Dispatch Games? (update 9/3/2022)
On 5/3/2021 at 1:20 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Only thing you missed out on is getting scammed

I'm still optimistic that I'm going to get what I paid for. But wow. I paid a lot to wait 2 years with no end in sight. And now I'm probably going to have to pay like $80 or more to get the Japanese release of Japanese Rail Sim just to play the dang game. 

Its been another 18ish months since this post @MiamiSlice just curious if your still optimistic on getting these games or have you given up on them?

14 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Im curious @phart010if you still think they will come through? Its been 2yrs since I made this thread and 4? or more years since the preorders of these games. I just don’t see it happening 

I ordered Radirgy Swag and Tengoku game Paradise on switch in July 2020.. don’t remember what happened with this, but I believe they sent me a free download code for Tengoku Game Paradise until the physical is ready.. I’ll have to check if they sent that one out yet… I seem to remember getting that, but might be confusing it with the PS4 version which I am sure I have..

As for Radirgy I seem to remember possibly getting refunded for it. Will have to check on that. I believe Strictly Limited may have picked up the rights for this game now, although not the ESRB version, it will have the same cover art and still be in English 

update: @LeatherRebel5150Rolling Gunner was the title they refunded me for and that’s also the one that is now being offered by strictly limited. I’m not going to cancel any orders, will wait things out to the end

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 7:25 AM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Its been another 18ish months since this post @MiamiSlice just curious if your still optimistic on getting these games or have you given up on them?

I’m sorry, apparently I didn’t post in this thread when I cancelled my order like 12 months ago. I finally decided they were never going to deliver. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 8:53 AM, phart010 said:

update: @LeatherRebel5150Rolling Gunner was the title they refunded me for and that’s also the one that is now being offered by strictly limited. I’m not going to cancel any orders, will wait things out to the end

It might be the end. How much farther can a company fall beyond having licenses revoked? 

3 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

It might be the end. How much farther can a company fall beyond having licenses revoked? 

Business License revoked just means they didn’t pay the annual renewal fee. It’s not necessarily a sign of the times, but it could be. I know someone running a successful business who accidentally forgot to pay the renewal one time and this happened to him. But yea, doesn’t look good

7 hours ago, phart010 said:

Business License revoked just means they didn’t pay the annual renewal fee. It’s not necessarily a sign of the times, but it could be. I know someone running a successful business who accidentally forgot to pay the renewal one time and this happened to him. But yea, doesn’t look good

+1, my old neighbor runs a pretty successful construction company and regularly forgets to do this. 

• The title was changed to Did anyone order Radirgy Swag or Crusin Mix from Dispatch Games? (update 9/6/2022)
  • 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to Dispatch Games Radirgy Swag/Crusin Mix update 4/15/2023
  • 2 months later...